London v Mayo 29th May

Started by Mayo Club 51, April 05, 2016, 11:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you going to London v Mayo in Ruislip 29th May?

Travelling from Mayo & Have a match ticket
7 (23.3%)
Travelling from Mayo & Don't have a match ticket
11 (36.7%)
Travelling from England & Have a match ticket
4 (13.3%)
Travelling from England & Don't have a match ticket
8 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on May 06, 2016, 12:56:04 PM
Those Mitchels lads didn't last long.

No, in fairness their Club season curtailed their chance of showing their worth. If you are going to make the break through to the county squad, your first chance is the FBD, then the early rounds of the league. These players would have missed out on those opportunities!

ballinaman

Cillian named captain. Has potential to be captain for good few years.

From the Bunker

Quote from: ballinaman on May 07, 2016, 12:53:39 PM

Lets hope so! Mayo have had a habit of naming Captains the last couple of years who end up with injuries or have a loss of form. Hard to believe he is only 24! Huge experience for a lad of his age!

manfromdelmonte

great man to engineer a free

Syferus

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 07, 2016, 01:07:36 PM

The brother might be better. He seems to do less shouting at the refs though.

From the Bunker

Not half as great as James O'Donoghue!

From the Bunker

Cunny Funt

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 07, 2016, 01:33:43 PM
Mickey Conroy has brought the curtain down on his Mayo football career.

https://twitter.com/ConroyMickey/status/728687193233993733?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
How likely is Tom Cunniffe to play for Mayo again? A Moran,A Dillion one last year?
G Cafferkey, K Higgins; C Barrett,C Boyle; S O'Shea, B Moran were all on the same 2006 U21 All Ireland winning team as Conroy. The new kids on the block will have some big boots to fill in the years ahead.

sans pessimism

And kick them better than most!
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Lar Naparka

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 07, 2016, 01:26:13 PM

Kinda agree with you there. COC is as good as if not better than O'Donoghue in many ways but his lack of pace holds him back. I can't recall him going on a solo run or rounding his man and taking off. Diarmuid on the other hand is fairly nippy and if injuries don't get in the way, he'll light up the summer for us. Man with the most potential on the team.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Avondhu star

A good day out in West London anyway whatever way it goes.
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

INDIANA

Quote from: Lar Naparka on May 07, 2016, 11:04:28 PM

Kinda agree with you there. COC is as good as if not better than O'Donoghue in many ways but his lack of pace holds him back. I can't recall him going on a solo run or rounding his man and taking off. Diarmuid on the other hand is fairly nippy and if injuries don't get in the way, he'll light up the summer for us. Man with the most potential on the team.

He's not better then Jamsie in any way I'm afraid. He's an excellent free-taker who has an excellent right foot from play. But the absence of pace and a left foot means he's markable.

Is there way Diarmuid can be converted to an inside forward? In the modern game you'd be lucky to score 0-2 a game on a good wing back playing at 10 or 12. It's inside forwards you need and with Rochford's bizarre decision to drop some of the better ones it's hard to see where the scores will come from. But Diarmuid is a different level to his brother as I pointed out 15 months ago.

muppet

Quote from: INDIANA on May 08, 2016, 07:31:42 PM

He's not better then Jamsie in any way I'm afraid. He's an excellent free-taker who has an excellent right foot from play. But the absence of pace and a left foot means he's markable.

Is there way Diarmuid can be converted to an inside forward? In the modern game you'd be lucky to score 0-2 a game on a good wing back playing at 10 or 12. It's inside forwards you need and with Rochford's bizarre decision to drop some of the better ones it's hard to see where the scores will come from. But Diarmuid is a different level to his brother as I pointed out 15 months ago.

You think Cillian doesn't have a left foot?

MWWSI 2017

maigheo

Indy ,Not sure what you are on about regards to Rochford dropping some of Mayos best inside forwards.With all due respect not one of the players dropped would be a surprise to any one in Mayo football.Maybe Diarmuid O Connor would work in an inside forward role but to me it would be putting a square peg in a round hole,D.O.Cs game is based on getting up and down the field and taking on opposing players from deep and beating them.I think we would be losing too much if he was pushed in to the corner where he could be more easily shut out of a game.And also not sure what games you have being watching when you say C.O.C has no left foot

INDIANA

Quote from: muppet on May 08, 2016, 07:45:45 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on May 08, 2016, 07:31:42 PM

You think Cillian doesn't have a left foot?

Not in the mould of the top forwards I'm afraid. If Mayo had one top class inside forward they could win Sam. Unfortunately they haven't got one.