The Masters 2016

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, April 05, 2016, 06:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

Fair play to Willet, I watch too much golf and he has been grinding away on the European tour, he is one of the more likeable Brits. At the end of the day though Speith had one bad hole which lost him the Masters. He will win more Majors, as someone said 2,1,2 not a bad masters record.

No wides

Quote from: thewobbler on April 13, 2016, 08:41:40 AM
Quote from: No wides on April 13, 2016, 08:23:19 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 13, 2016, 08:09:10 AM
Great composure.... He's 22....  Plenty major tournaments left in him.. Seems though they never play it safe, even though they know its the best thing to do... Arrogance or immaturity?? Probably the latter on his part...

I suppose taking the chances (and they work) makes them the cut above

You get your wee ball in a hole in 3 to 5 shots, what the f**k chances are you really taking, it's not like he's doing a dangerous overtaking manoeuvre in F1 ffs, he is hitting a tiny ball, this is another "sport" where the players and organisers must pinch themselves at the money they get.  ::)

Players and organisers don't dictate prize money. Public interest does. And as there are hundreds of millions of people across the word who understand that maintaining perfect hand eye coordination under immense psychological pressure is beyond the grasp of 99.9% of people, they justify the reward.

By the way, F1 my hole. 90% of every race is decided by equipment (if you have the best equipment and it doesn't fail on the day, then you will be there abouts), 9% by patience. 1% by skilled movements.

Multi millionares hitting a wee ball into a hole under immense pyschological pressure my hole, you really have lost the concept of reality here.

No wides

By the way of the 99.9% of the people who don't get it how many can actually afford to start golf at an early age, it is an elitist bore-fest, no doubt you play it off 9 or 10 and you feel this elevates you within society and your peers!  :o ::)

thewobbler

Quote from: No wides on April 13, 2016, 09:44:45 AM
By the way of the 99.9% of the people who don't get it how many can actually afford to start golf at an early age, it is an elitist bore-fest, no doubt you play it off 9 or 10 and you feel this elevates you within society and your peers!  :o ::)

So it's becoming clearer now. You have a chip on your shoulder about people who do well for themselves. Ah well, poor you.

It's interesting though that you simultaneously trumped the merits of F1 earlier. I guess the super wealthy don't bother you as much as the wealthy do.

No wides

Quote from: thewobbler on April 13, 2016, 09:49:08 AM
Quote from: No wides on April 13, 2016, 09:44:45 AM

So it's becoming clearer now. You have a chip on your shoulder about people who do well for themselves. Ah well, poor you.

It's interesting though that you simultaneously trumped the merits of F1 earlier. I guess the super wealthy don't bother you as much as the wealthy do.

It is interesting you can't read, F1 is another elitist bore-fest, point out where I trumped the merits of F1 or else apologise.  I was pointing out that unlike F1 a golfer doesn't really take chances, what's he going do hit it a bit harder, so apologise or learn to read.

Franko

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 12, 2016, 11:25:32 PM
Quote from: sans pessimism on April 12, 2016, 11:15:56 PM
Quote from: Unlaoised on April 12, 2016, 04:55:04 PM
Don't like that Willet guy has a head you could put in Chain armour and the white suit with the st georges cross on it....

Thought he celebrated a bit too early and all the goings on with his phone....
If his name was Paddy o Hara, people wud love him-He's a breath of fresh air who played like he owned the joint-fair pucks to him

Listen if he was Irish you'd have ones on here hating him....

Rory lost cause he'd a shit two days... When he wins he's played well over the 4 days.... Could he win more competitions?? Yeah, is it ultimately down to poor caddies or not listening to them? I doubt it very much, because when he wins he must listen to the caddie then, sounds silly

You'd also get the ones who don't give a toss about anything else and blindly follow the 'He's Irish so I have to like him' mantra.  Takes all sorts...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Franko on April 13, 2016, 10:25:23 AM
Don't like that Willet guy has a head you could put in Chain armour and the white suit with the st georges cross on it....

If his name was Paddy o Hara, people wud love him-He's a breath of fresh air who played like he owned the joint-fair pucks to him

Rory lost cause he'd a shit two days... When he wins he's played well over the 4 days.... Could he win more competitions?? Yeah, is it ultimately down to poor caddies or not listening to them? I doubt it very much, because when he wins he must listen to the caddie then, sounds silly

You'd also get the ones who don't give a toss about anything else and blindly follow the 'He's Irish so I have to like him' mantra.  Takes all sorts...

Nope not really, you're Irish and a p***k, so that's not exactly true  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Franko

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 13, 2016, 10:29:19 AM

Classy, west belfast classy.

What is it about Rors that gets your juices flowing so much then?  His nice hair?

No wides

He's middle class now, needs something to try and impress his new social class.

Orior

Quote from: Franko on April 13, 2016, 11:17:16 AM

What is it about Rors that gets your juices flowing so much then?  His nice hair?

Why don't you two get a room, lol. Or just go for a game of golf?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Aint got the time to go over your classy rants, but if I give a shit about what you thought of me I would  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Franko

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 13, 2016, 01:04:43 PM

Aint got the time to go over your classy rants, but if I give a shit about what you thought of me I would  ;)

That's cool.  Though it baffles me why you get so upset about what I think of Rors then?

No wides

He just is an ignorant individual who likes to call people derogatory swear works on the interweb but cry when someone does it to him, he's middle class you know.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Franko on April 13, 2016, 02:06:43 PM

That's cool.  Though it baffles me why you get so upset about what I think of Rors then?

I couldn't really give a feck to be honest, what annoys me is the stupid reasons people have a gross dislike for him.... there is not a driven sportsman out there that hasn't flaws... not one... hating is a wasted emotion, you should always look at the good in people  ;)

No wides

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 13, 2016, 02:51:43 PM
Quote from: Franko on April 13, 2016, 02:06:43 PM

I couldn't really give a feck to be honest, what annoys me is the stupid reasons people have a gross dislike for him.... there is not a driven sportsman out there that hasn't flaws... not one... hating is a wasted emotion, you should always look at the good in people ;)

What about people through no fault of their own on benefits?