Rossies v Kerry round 2, will Croke Park be playable?

Started by giveballaghback, April 03, 2016, 07:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Push in back = foul even in HillBillyland.
Syfín - you need to calm down a biteen over Donaghy.

League is over, we're still in D1 so let's hope the Troika will have learnt a lot about our players.
Meanwile we'll look forward to the Championship.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Zulu

Quote from: Syferus on April 13, 2016, 12:12:48 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on April 13, 2016, 12:04:01 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 13, 2016, 01:03:04 AM
https://twitter.com/The_Abbeytonian/status/719163195970207745

Look at that linesman right there. Christ above. What's the point of officials?

Anyone who thinks that was deliberate has never set foot on a football pitch in his life. To think he would have the poise and wherewithal to think and react to the situation is ridiculous. As much as I dislike Donaghy and think he's a tr**p theres nothing to see here.

Maybe if the rossie didn't fire himself to the ground after a hand in the back he wouldn't have got a boot to the face though

Shameful post. I expect that of other posters but I thought Mayo people had more cop on.

Even in your world where non-intent can be definitely established (lol, to say the least) it was a stonewall sending off offense. He should have had a nice long suspension to go with it too.

Cop on will ya! You say 'non-intent' can't be established so how can intent? And if intent can't be proved how can it be a stone wall sending off, with a long suspension to boot? The gas thing is, if that had been a Roscommon guy hurdling Donaghy and he clipped him on the head you'd dismiss any suggestion it was deliberate out of hand.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Zulu on April 13, 2016, 03:27:02 PM

Anyone who thinks that was deliberate has never set foot on a football pitch in his life. To think he would have the poise and wherewithal to think and react to the situation is ridiculous. As much as I dislike Donaghy and think he's a tr**p theres nothing to see here.

Maybe if the rossie didn't fire himself to the ground after a hand in the back he wouldn't have got a boot to the face though

Shameful post. I expect that of other posters but I thought Mayo people had more cop on.

Even in your world where non-intent can be definitely established (lol, to say the least) it was a stonewall sending off offense. He should have had a nice long suspension to go with it too.

Cop on will ya! You say 'non-intent' can't be established so how can intent? And if intent can't be proved how can it be a stone wall sending off, with a long suspension to boot? The gas thing is, if that had been a Roscommon guy hurdling Donaghy and he clipped him on the head you'd dismiss any suggestion it was deliberate out of hand.

It's what Syferus does. One of the biggest hypocrites on the board.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Rossfan on April 13, 2016, 03:17:37 PM

League is over, we're still in D1 so let's hope the Troika will have learnt a lot about our players.

It's a contact sport. Maybe part of the reason Roscommon have been so poor in recent years is they expect the referees to do the work for you.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: trueblue1234 on April 13, 2016, 03:33:27 PM
Quote from: Zulu on April 13, 2016, 03:27:02 PM

It's what Syferus does. One of the biggest hypocrites on the board.

I'd remove the "one of" there a more accurate description.

Rossfan

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 13, 2016, 05:41:10 PM

It's a contact sport. Is it??- how come so you get sent off for striking or attempting to strike
Maybe part of the reason Roscommon have been so poor in recent years is they expect the referees to do the work for you. Errr....how do players call a free if they're pushed in the back??Last I  heard only the Ref can give a free

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Rossfan on April 13, 2016, 06:36:19 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 13, 2016, 05:41:10 PM

It's a contact sport. Is it??- how come so you get sent off for striking or attempting to strike
Maybe part of the reason Roscommon have been so poor in recent years is they expect the referees to do the work for you. Errr....how do players call a free if they're pushed in the back??Last I  heard only the Ref can give a free

Yes, it's a contact sport, basketball is not a contact sport - this is not basketball.

It's a contact sport, it was a wee nudge, maybe Roscommon should go play ladies football.

Cunny Funt

Bomber destro your frequent bile views directed at Roscommon is very tiresome at stage. Time for you to cop on and change that broken record.

Rossfan

Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 13, 2016, 06:41:12 PM
Bomber destro your frequent bile views directed at Roscommon is very tiresome at stage. Time for you to cop on and change that broken record.
+1.
He's one painful hillbilly

muppet

Don't like Donaghy at all. But looking at that, whatever his intent at the beginning, at the end I think he was trying to avoid any damage to the player's head and didn't plant his heel when he could have. I think he might have thought about it, but when the foot was commencing contact with the head he didn't put any weight on it and just managed to push it away from doing damage. Benefit of the doubt imho.

We have to remember these things happen in an instant and there wouldn't be much thinking.
MWWSI 2017

Il Bomber Destro

Ye can dish it out but can't take it.

Syferus

Quote from: muppet on April 13, 2016, 06:50:33 PM
Don't like Donaghy at all. But looking at that, whatever his intent at the beginning, at the end I think he was trying to avoid any damage to the player's head and didn't plant his heel when he could have. I think he might have thought about it, but when the foot was commencing contact with the head he didn't put any weight on it and just managed to push it away from doing damage. Benefit of the doubt imho.

We have to remember these things happen in an instant and there wouldn't be much thinking.

You're getting caught up in the idea of intent and not the real point. A strike is a strike, a stamp is a stamp. Refs weren't so nice to Francie Grehan back in 2001 when he caught Lord Joyce or Eamonn McGee when he caught Enda Varley a few years back. Any boot near a player's face is incredibly dangerous and could cause long-term damage that persists long after someone's footballing days are over.

muppet

Quote from: Syferus on April 13, 2016, 07:44:07 PM
Quote from: muppet on April 13, 2016, 06:50:33 PM

You're getting caught up in the idea of intent and not the real point. A strike is a strike, a stamp is a stamp. Refs weren't so nice to Francie Grehan back in 2001 when he caught Lord Joyce or Eamonn McGee when he caught Enda Varley a few years back. Any boot near a player's face is incredibly dangerous and could cause long-term damage that persists long after someone's footballing days are over.

Magee clearly stood on Varley's back, put his full weight on that foot and used it to step off the player. It has nothing to do with anyone's head and it had everything to do with intent. He was rightly red carded.

Donaghy appeared to me to try to avoid stamping. He doesn't allow his weight to come down on the player's head and he certainly didn't step off the player while his foot was on his head.

Like I said, benefit of the doubt for me.

The dive was more obvious though.
MWWSI 2017

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 13, 2016, 07:31:39 PM

Ye can dish it out but can't take it.
The only reason you are dishing it out now towards Roscommon is because one of the Roscommon posters must have upset you. If you are that fragile then i think any online discussion board with conflicting views and can be heavily populated by wums is not the place for you.

Mayo4Sam

For what it's worth Ross it was definitely a free to Roscommon, a push in the back all day long but for Syf to suggest that because Donaghy couldn't avoid him he deserved a red and a long suspension is ridiculous, I would assume most Rossies can see that.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me