2016 AFL Season

Started by Aerlik, March 30, 2016, 07:06:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlriteHorse

Hurley released by Dockers there I see. 3 years and no AFL games. Doubt any other tam will come in for him now being virtually an unknown quantity bar the handful of games he played in the WAFL.
Allez les bleus! Forza azzurri!

AZOffaly

Hard luck on him with the injuries. He might be a good boost for Kildare if he is able to stay fit for Gaelic Football.

I see Colin O'Riordan has broken a bone in his back, and punctured a lung.

TabClear

Quote from: AlriteHorse on August 31, 2016, 05:13:42 AM
Hurley released by Dockers there I see. 3 years and no AFL games. Doubt any other tam will come in for him now being virtually an unknown quantity bar the handful of games he played in the WAFL.

If he couldn't make an impact for the Dockers this season when they were in rebuild mode and blooded a few youngsters it's hard to see him making it.

Ball Hopper

2016 Finals after first week of finals:

A  Sydney Swans lost to Greater Western Sydney (Sydney Swans play Adelaide Crows on 17 Sept)
B  Geelong Cats beat Hawthorn (Hawthorn plays Western Bulldogs on 16 Sept)

C  West Coast Eagles lost to Western Bulldogs (loser eliminated)
D  Adelaide Crows beat North Melbourne (loser eliminated)

E  Greater Western Sydney plays the winner of Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs on 24 Sept
F  Geelong Cats plays the winner of Sydney Swans v Adelaide Crows on 23 Sept

G Grand Final is winner E v winner F on 1 October

TabClear

Quote from: Ball Hopper on September 14, 2016, 04:08:00 PM
2016 Finals after first week of finals:

A  Sydney Swans lost to Greater Western Sydney (Sydney Swans play Adelaide Crows on 17 Sept)
B  Geelong Cats beat Hawthorn (Hawthorn plays Western Bulldogs on 16 Sept)

C  West Coast Eagles lost to Western Bulldogs (loser eliminated)
D  Adelaide Crows beat North Melbourne (loser eliminated)

E  Greater Western Sydney plays the winner of Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs on 24 Sept
F  Geelong Cats plays the winner of Sydney Swans v Adelaide Crows on 23 Sept

G Grand Final is winner E v winner F on 1 October

The hawks cats and Sydney Derby were great games. Smith had a kick after the siren to win it for the hawks but missed.

Bulldogs looked really good against an out of sorts eagles who were many people's tip for the flag after a great fun of results.

JimStynes

JimStynes

Hawthorn beat! What a team they have been this past few years.

The Subbie

81-57 @ 3/4 time to the Swans v Adelaide, some match, Swans on top in 1st & 2nd 1/4 but Crows came back strong in 3rd. All to play for

Ball Hopper

So it is down to four...

Greater Western Sydney play Western Bulldogs on 24 Sept and

Geelong Cats play Sydney Swans on 23 Sept

Three of the top 4 still in it...Hawthorn being the odd one out.

Club Rossa

Conor Glass picked up his 1st title this morning.Box Hill Hawks won the development grand final against Casey Scorpions.

Club Rossa

Hawthorn's amazing run came to an end with defeat to the Bulldogs on Friday night.Blown away in the 3rd quarter after an even enough 1st half.Who knows how things would've turned out had Isaac Smith kicked the goal against Geelong at the buzzer.I still don't think they had the legs for the run in.

TabClear

Quote from: Club Rossa on September 18, 2016, 09:34:08 AM
Hawthorn's amazing run came to an end with defeat to the Bulldogs on Friday night.Blown away in the 3rd quarter after an even enough 1st half.Who knows how things would've turned out had Isaac Smith kicked the goal against Geelong at the buzzer.I still don't think they had the legs for the run in.

Agreed. Hawks on their day can beat anyone but they weren't as good this year.  Wona lot of close games.. still The best team I have ever seen play and hopefully there is one more year in some of the old guard. The loss of roughhead was massive and hopefully we see him back next year.

As for the flagi reckon the swans are strongest. Geelong midfield is awesome but don't think they have enough up front.

TabClear

At the risk of talking to myself the grand final pairing now decided. Swans crushed geelong in as good a 1st quarter performance  as you will see. The surprise package opposing them is the Bulldogs who won a classic against the giants by a single kick. Bulldogs have been superb in the knockout stages bit I just think the swans will have to much for them.

Add a slight aside, rumours that the swans want zach tuohy next year.

Ball Hopper

Some background before the Grand Final:

So it is Sydney Swans versus a Western Bulldogs team that is riding a wave of momentum in the 2016 AFL Grand Final on Saturday 1 October.  The blossoming Bulldogs, who have won three successive games after entering each clash as underdogs, are desperate to end the longest active premiership drought of 62 years in their first Grand Final appearance since 1961.

The Dogs are also the first team in history to make the Grand Final seeded seventh and a win over the Swans would eclipse Adelaide winning from fifth in 1998.
Sydney Swans will enter their fifth Grand Final in 12 seasons and will be aiming for a third title in that period.

The Bulldogs have turned the tables on the Swans in recent times. From 2011-2014, Sydney won six in a row, the last five by an average of 62 points. But their past two meetings, both at the Sydney Cricket Ground (in round five of 2015, and round 15 this year), resulted in stirring four-point Dogs' triumphs.

The Swans have never beaten the Dogs at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. They have met on the hallowed turf just three times, each of which were knockout finals won by the Bulldogs in 1997, 2008 and 2010.

bamboo

Great game here. 1pt in it, 10 mins to go. Bulldogs been on top but can't get the scores.