Armagh v Derry

Started by bennydorano, March 29, 2016, 10:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Let's face it. Division 3 is where we (Armagh) belong at the moment.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

illdecide

Quote from: AFS on March 31, 2016, 01:15:17 PM
Quote from: Orior on March 31, 2016, 11:48:21 AM

This division is poor. If we deserve relegation then so do 3 or 4 other sides here. Without being an awful lot better than we have been we could easily have had an eye on promotion from this weekend's game. And that's despite being pretty crap for most of the campaign.

Correct AFS...There's a fine line there and a point here and there would have made all the difference. Armagh could easily have been sitting on 7 or eight points going into this game with Derry. I actually thought Div 2 would have been at a higher standard but it's clear  the jump to div 1 is massive. Sometimes in divisions you can say the top half of div 2 is similar standard to bottom half of div 1 but that's not the case any more there is a gulf in class.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

No.   Name                    Club
1   Patrick Morrison       Cláirsigh Ard Mhacha
2   Andy Mallon           Na Pairneil
3   Charlie Vernon          Cláirsigh Ard Mhacha
4   Shea Heffron          Clann Eireann
5   Mark Shields          An Chrois Bhan
6   Sean Connell         Coilleach Eanach
7   Joe Mc Elroy         Clairsigh Ard Mhacha
8   Aidan Forker ( c )   Machaire
9   Ethan Rafferty          An Ghrainseach
10   Rory Grugan         Baile Mhic An Aba
11   Miceal Mc Kenna   An Ghráinseach
12   Ciaron O'Hanlon   Cill Shleibhe
13   Colm Watters         Baile Mhic Cullach
14   Stefan Campbell   Clan na Gael
15   Gavin Mc Parland   Baile Mhic An Aba
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lurganblue

Quote from: illdecide on April 01, 2016, 02:19:02 PM
No.   Name                    Club
1   Patrick Morrison       Cláirsigh Ard Mhacha
2   Andy Mallon           Na Pairneil
3   Charlie Vernon          Cláirsigh Ard Mhacha
4   Shea Heffron          Clann Eireann
5   Mark Shields          An Chrois Bhan
6   Sean Connell         Coilleach Eanach
7   Joe Mc Elroy         Clairsigh Ard Mhacha
8   Aidan Forker ( c )   Machaire
9   Ethan Rafferty          An Ghrainseach
10   Rory Grugan         Baile Mhic An Aba
11   Miceal Mc Kenna   An Ghráinseach
12   Ciaron O'Hanlon   Cill Shleibhe
13   Colm Watters         Baile Mhic Cullach
14   Stefan Campbell   Clan na Gael
15   Gavin Mc Parland   Baile Mhic An Aba

We'll find a home for Aidan Forker yet

brokencrossbar1

f**king joke,  no Cross men,  typical bias and you wonder why the county is where it is,  f**king joke.

No wides

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 01, 2016, 02:53:09 PM
f**king joke,  no Cross men,  typical bias and you wonder why the county is where it is,  f**king joke.

There are 3 that played in this years county final, no bias here.  On a serious note is TK injured, Campbell missed some frees last week TK would have put over on a crutch.

bennydorano

What Cross men are actually available bar TK?

screenexile

Quote from: illdecide on March 31, 2016, 02:15:52 PM
Quote from: AFS on March 31, 2016, 01:15:17 PM
Quote from: Orior on March 31, 2016, 11:48:21 AM

This division is poor. If we deserve relegation then so do 3 or 4 other sides here. Without being an awful lot better than we have been we could easily have had an eye on promotion from this weekend's game. And that's despite being pretty crap for most of the campaign.

Correct AFS...There's a fine line there and a point here and there would have made all the difference. Armagh could easily have been sitting on 7 or eight points going into this game with Derry. I actually thought Div 2 would have been at a higher standard but it's clear  the jump to div 1 is massive. Sometimes in divisions you can say the top half of div 2 is similar standard to bottom half of div 1 but that's not the case any more there is a gulf in class.

Indeed there is sure look at Down and Galway will be something similar next year. I thought Roscommon would suffer the same fate but they seem to be coming a bit. There's always one team coming down that's too good for Division 2 and another going up that's not good enough for Division 1!!

Orior

This must be a big opportunity for Grugan who I have not yet seen excel at county level.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

stew

Quote from: illdecide on March 31, 2016, 09:02:00 AM
I can actually see Fermanagh getting a result against Tyrone on Sunday, i think Meath will beat Laois too and there is not a chance that Armagh will beat Derry by 11pts. They could possibly grind out a 1 or 2 pt win but with Armagh's home record i'd nearly say Derry should be favourites for this game.

The thing that's confusing me here is we were told it goes on head to head matches so why if Armagh beat Derry and finish on the same pts as Derry have we to beat them by 11pts to relegate them

Fermanagh will hammer the bastids so they will, Tyrone would love to see us relegated and be two divisions above us, in fairness however we killed ourselves with the early season muck we played, that said we are getting better and better all the time and are well fit for Derry, \i think we win and if we do, hopefully it will be enough.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Tyrone will beat Fermanagh, too many boys playing for positions in the summer.
Any win for Armagh will be enough to keep them up.
Armagh by 3.

JP

Anybody have a radio link?

Estimator

Armagh almost at the 11pt mark. They're 8pts up approaching half time.
Ulster League Champions 2009

tonto1888

Quote from: Estimator on April 03, 2016, 02:41:03 PM
Armagh almost at the 11pt mark. They're 8pts up approaching half time.

Let's hope there's no repeat for of the Galway gane

balladmaker

A 6 point win for Armagh, but looks like relegation to Div 3 is still the outcome.