Rossies v the Dubs, being played somewhere next Sunday.

Started by giveballaghback, March 28, 2016, 12:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Beffs on April 05, 2016, 01:25:07 AM
Which bus drivers? The ones that worked for free, or the ones that charged a tenner a head?  ;D

The poor crathurs could have a enjoyed a nice, long lie in on Sunday morning, if the eegits in the Ros Co Board, got their heads out of their own arses a wee bit sooner.

None of them worked for free. CB stumped up for buses but some geniuses in the Dublin support managed to arrange buses themselves but not find out about the free buses carting them to Carrick.

fearbrags

"" but some geniuses in the Dublin support managed to arrange buses themselves""
Very unfair , It is quiet obvious that the word didn't get out properly about the free buses   and the Dublin supporters were determined to get to the game so they did what the could . Hard to blame them , No matter how you look it it was very poorly handled  and as a Roscommon supporter I am ashamed , and hope this type thing  never happens again , ;(

Syferus

Quote from: fearbrags on April 05, 2016, 02:25:12 AM
"" but some geniuses in the Dublin support managed to arrange buses themselves""
Very unfair , It is quiet obvious that the word didn't get out properly about the free buses   and the Dublin supporters were determined to get to the game so they did what the could . Hard to blame them , No matter how you look it it was very poorly handled  and as a Roscommon supporter I am ashamed , and hope this type thing  never happens again , ;(

CB did nothing wrong with regards the buses. Only error at all was not making the call on the switch Saturday night, eejits suggesting it be decided midweek haven't a clue tbh.

It won't happen again because barring disaster the new pitch will be in by Feburary. Good riddance to old rubbish.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: larryin89 on April 04, 2016, 07:18:42 PM
It's just amazing , Roscommon are the masters of propaganda , everything is about Roscommon in the gaa world and they make sure of it , if it's not John Evan a last year making bould statements about winning all Ireland's it's something or another this year .

Will they be producing the news headlines in August or will they be parking up the bus for another year doesn't really matter as they will convince the gaa world 2017 the best is yet to come.
John Evans was a prophet, Leiscommon are the good news story of 2016, Jamie Murtagh, Donie Mahrez, its going to be a huge summer
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Beffs

Quote from: Syferus on April 05, 2016, 02:28:10 AM

CB did nothing wrong with regards the buses. Only error at all was not making the call on the switch Saturday night, eejits suggesting it be decided midweek haven't a clue tbh.

It won't happen again because barring disaster the new pitch will be in by Feburary. Good riddance to old rubbish.
Quote from: Syferus on April 05, 2016, 02:28:10 AM

Nothing wrong? Lord above. The announcement of the venue switch came at 9.30. They didn't announce anything about buses until well after 11. In that intervening time frame, the Dublin supporters organized their own transport. What were they supposed to do....just sit around & scratch their arses? I believe a couple of Guards near the station on Sun morning helped out arranging the buses.

God forbid the co board arrange the buses on Sat night, have them on standby in the event of a venue switch & announce that they were running, along with the venue change. Sending someone from the co board, down to the train station to meet the inbound train & fill people in, might not have been a bad idea. Nor would sending someone down to the likes of the Abbey Hotel, which seemed to be a congregation point for a lot of Dubs wondering wtf was going on & how they were supposed to get to Carrick.

You know, all those hordes of Dubs who came down the night before. The ones with the big fat wallets that the Rossie hoteliers & shopkeepers were so eager to get their hands on, that led to this 11th hour pantomime in the first place.

The whole thing was an utter shambles. The more people try to defend or excuse the Ros Co board & don't hold them to account for their stupidity & stubbornness, the higher the chances that they'll fcuk up again, some time soon. It's just a matter of when & where.

Shrewdness

These are the FACTS as they have emerged... The Roscommon Co Board didn't actually postpone the match at all. It was Croke Park officials.. An independent referee and a CCC official inspected the pitch on Saturday. Whilst not totally happy, they would inspect again Sunday morning.. The rest is history.....The Co Board provided one complimentary bus for which nobody was charged. Individuals hired other private buses for which they were charged.. These are the FACTS.

Rossfan

Ah Shrew don't be letting oul mere facts get in the way of a good old epic.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 05, 2016, 03:46:46 PM
These are the FACTS as they have emerged... The Roscommon Co Board didn't actually postpone the match at all. It was Croke Park officials.. An independent referee and a CCC official inspected the pitch on Saturday. Whilst not totally happy, they would inspect again Sunday morning.. The rest is history.....The Co Board provided one complimentary bus for which nobody was charged. Individuals hired other private buses for which they were charged.. These are the FACTS.
[/b]
Maybe they are Shrew but that doesn't make them pretty.
Why the one complimentary bus and what way were those who got on the bus selected? A case of pot luck it sees; first come, first served and sod everybody else. People had travelled from Dublin and elsewhere by train and by road and they didn't find out about the switch until they arrived at the grounds. Did the county board make any arrangements to announce that the only way for  those without cars to get to the game was by coach and that the unfortunate masses were going to have to make their own arrangements, find their own transport and pay for it?
Nobody to date has come forward to deny any of this so I'll take it for granted that your county board made a monumental cockup of things and the lest they should do is to issue a public apology to all those affected by their incompetence.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

easytiger95

The following is an extract from my latest work "Cognitive Dissonance in the GAA"

"Bleedin' Dubs never travel....
Great to get the oul Dubs with the big wallets down the night before, the eejits....
Jaysis, have to move the match, sure stick the one bus on for them they'll be grand....
Wha, they got charged a tenner? Good enough for them, sure they never have to travel anyway....
Hope the train isn't clamped, ha, ha, ha....
Jaysis, those Dubs get lost when they get by the Red Cow, sure there is none of them down this year, bleedin' Dubs...."

Both sets of supporters who tried to attend the game deserve an apology and, when appropriate, a refund from the Roscommon County Board. That's just manners and they are cheap at the price. Ignorance is expensive.

Syferus

Quote from: easytiger95 on April 05, 2016, 04:52:13 PM
The following is an extract from my latest work "Cognitive Dissonance in the GAA"

Great to get the oul Dubs with the big wallets down the night before, the eejits....
Jaysis, have to move the match, sure stick the one bus on for them they'll be grand....
Wha, they got charged a tenner? Good enough for them, sure they never have to travel anyway....
Jaysis, those Dubs get lost when they get by the Red Cow, sure there is none of them down this year, bleedin' Dubs...."

Both sets of supporters who tried to attend the game deserve an apology and, when appropriate, a refund from the Roscommon County Board. That's just manners and they are cheap at the price. Ignorance is expensive.

No one is owed a refund.

easytiger95

If supporters were given the wrong information that buses were complimentary, when only one bus actually was, and they kept their tickets, I believe they could ask for a refund. You'll notice I used the word if, because, at the very least, the situation needs to be investigated. And [bif[b after that investigation, it's found that the county board was not in any way responsible for the mix up with the buses, then you can say "No one is owed a refund." But not until then.

What is absolutely undeniable, is that on the day, the County Boards communication, in general, to paying customers was abysmal, quite apart from the rights and wrongs of even trying to play the game in the Hyde. And for that, they owe their paying customers, from wherever they came, an apology. And it doesn't have to be wrapped up in whataboutery either. If any other sporting organization had done the same thing, there'd be a queue of people on here to slag them off. The fact that it was Dublin supporters most discommoded is irrelevant.

dublin7

Quote from: Syferus on April 05, 2016, 06:04:17 PM
Quote from: easytiger95 on April 05, 2016, 04:52:13 PM

No one is owed a refund.

Roscommon CB don't even think they have anything to apologize for. Chance of refunds for fans who hired their own buses is zero. Their arrogance and head in the sand refusal to accept responsibility is depressing but the typical approach by officials/leaders/politicians in this country.

fearbrags

Dublin 7 , You are spot on, I could not put it better myself ;)