Rossies v the Dubs, being played somewhere next Sunday.

Started by giveballaghback, March 28, 2016, 12:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublin7

Quote from: mup on April 03, 2016, 06:40:38 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on April 03, 2016, 06:31:40 PM
Roscommon should be made all their league games away from home next season. County board didn't switch the game until this morning so the pubs/hotels could get the dubs money.

Charging €10 for buses was the ultimate insult. On the game itself a second string dublin did there best to throw away victory. Messed up 4 goal chances in the 2nd half and kicked some shocking wides. Mannion played well and McHugh won a lot of ball. Savage struggled under high balls and at fault for rossies goal. Pitch was poor and big Dublin crowd travelled up

The Dubs money? Judging by the outrage over the e10 charge for the bus, I cant imagine the dubs spent too much in Roscommon last night.

If Roscommon co board or yourself can come up with a fair and reasonable reason to justify charging fans for transport from roscommon to carrick today please tell us all. It would be the 1st time this week they showed any sign of intelligence

Zulu

Seems the Roscommon CB didn't want the bus company to charge and were going to foot the bill themselves. Where the confusion lies I don't know but it seems the buses were meant to be complimentary. Doesn't mean the CB didn't make a mess of the organisation though, they did.

mup

Quote from: dublin7 on April 03, 2016, 07:03:11 PM
Quote from: mup on April 03, 2016, 06:40:38 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on April 03, 2016, 06:31:40 PM
Roscommon should be made all their league games away from home next season. County board didn't switch the game until this morning so the pubs/hotels could get the dubs money.

Charging €10 for buses was the ultimate insult. On the game itself a second string dublin did there best to throw away victory. Messed up 4 goal chances in the 2nd half and kicked some shocking wides. Mannion played well and McHugh won a lot of ball. Savage struggled under high balls and at fault for rossies goal. Pitch was poor and big Dublin crowd travelled up

The Dubs money? Judging by the outrage over the e10 charge for the bus, I cant imagine the dubs spent too much in Roscommon last night.

If Roscommon co board or yourself can come up with a fair and reasonable reason to justify charging fans for transport from roscommon to carrick today please tell us all. It would be the 1st time this week they showed any sign of intelligence

It was an attempt at humour on my behalf. Perhaps it wasn't the right time.

But indeed you are right. It was a monumental c**k up and shouldn't have happened.

heffo

It's like the County management committee went on holidays for the whole weekend and left Syferus in charge.

giveballaghback

the extra oxygen in the air must have gone to your head indianna, go home and rest a while it will do you good.

Cunny Funt

Both teams ran the rule over their  panels and but for slip on a free with the last kick of game this match would have finished in draw. Hardly a surprising outcome from a dead rubber game.

INDIANA

Quote from: giveballaghback on April 03, 2016, 08:00:30 PM
the extra oxygen in the air must have gone to your head indianna, go home and rest a while it will do you good.

4 championship starters .

The halycon years

Shrewdness

Quote from: INDIANA on April 03, 2016, 05:58:37 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 03, 2016, 04:17:44 PM
Good response in the second half when it looked like a trimming was likely. Wouldn't be too worried about the miss at the end, it was a glorified challenge match with both teams rotating players early. Donie Shine looked well on his return in particular. Mulhooly put in a quality shift after last night's disappointment. Niall Mc cleaned out Cathal McHugh twice while isolated inside one-on-one which was excellent to see from a young lad who is making a hell of a fist at his first season starting.

League overall has been excellent for us. Hung with the big boys and were competitive in just about every match.

To conclude you lost minor, u21 and senior games this weekend.

If that's something to celebrate then it says everything. Dublin had half a team out today- you moved the venue this morning, pissed off all our fans and you still couldn't beat us.

Hollywood has Indiana Jones, whilst here on this forum,we get Indiana Moans.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Zulu on April 03, 2016, 07:18:12 PM
Seems the Roscommon CB didn't want the bus company to charge and were going to foot the bill themselves. Where the confusion lies I don't know but it seems the buses were meant to be complimentary. Doesn't mean the CB didn't make a mess of the organisation though, they did.
Sounds like a p***k of bus driver that thought It was a good idea to charge for a free bus. No doubt he will be tracked down and named and shamed.

Shrewdness

Main Street

Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 03, 2016, 08:25:30 PM
Quote from: Zulu on April 03, 2016, 07:18:12 PM
Sounds like a p***k of bus driver that thought It was a good idea to charge for a free bus. No doubt he will be tracked down and named and shamed.
Sounds like he pulled a genius stroke on the gullible Dubs.
Hound would surely  appreciate his entrepreneurial guile.

Rossfan

Pleased with our second half showing and the whole panel must have got a bit of action at this stage.
Pleased with the League overall and good to be getting a semi final run out.
Most of our better players today weren't even on the panel last year or weren't getting games.
D Murtagh and Harney, the 2 Dalys, Donie and Enda Smith , Claffey to add to today's lot and we're not doing too bad.
Less said about the pitch and switch the better but I think if ye loom back the thread I told ye Monday or Tuesday to head for Carrick.
Onwards and upwards the best is yet to come.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Dev adds so much to the structure of our attack with his passing and his interplay. Found a few new lads and found a few old faces too. Coming out of the league with a deeper panel than we went in with, that's the best thing of all.

Ringfort

It's a disgrace we have no county pitch fit to host a Division 1 league game in April. However I wouldn't be crying too much over the Dublin supporters plight. The very reason they get all games in Croke Park, supposedly the national venue, a neutral venue, is so they can all be accommodated. How can they be expected to play down in Longford or Mullingar or Navan when all the summer supporters wouldn't fit in? So every GAA convention or tradition is abandoned when it comes to the fair weather Dub fan because he must get in to the game so the GAA can rake in his money. This money is then redistributed throughout the capital in order to create a hurling team out of nothing and keep the Boys In Blue footballers a box office entity. So f**k them, basically. They are in an almost permanent state of special treatment so I'm delighted a late change from one waterlogged bog of a kip of a pitch to another cabbage patch has them so put out. This is GAA down the country. Driving home past Kilmore's pitch I almost wished we'd brought them to that beautiful place instead!

On the game. Best team won. Though we showed admirable fight in the second half. Mannion is a class act. I cannot stand McManamons style of play. Bulling through taking 10 steps and manufacturing frees out of nowhere. Ref was a bolox today. Black card rule has to be binned ASAP. The ginger corner forward is a nice wee player for Dublin too. Though I did laugh when he nearly sank in swallow hole near the corner flag while trying to foot pass and ended up on his arse.

giveballaghback

What about the ten euro we have to pay the lockhards or our car wont be there when we get back to it.
Dont cry too hard or too long for them poor dubs, they are a 2 euro spin away from most of their matches.