Fairness & Fear

Started by illdecide, March 23, 2016, 09:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

The most senior member of the Orange Order (Drew Nelson) was just on the Radio live stating they want an investigation of the treatment of Protestant people in their work place...WTF. they claim Protestant people are in fear and are intimidated by Catholic workers talking about GAA matters and also seeing people with a Mass card on their desk...WTF. A guy came on the radio to say was this an April fool joke.

Radio Ulster is going nutts here about this now...Only up here would you get this.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lurganblue

Quote from: illdecide on March 23, 2016, 09:28:50 AM
The most senior member of the Orange Order (Drew Nelson) was just on the Radio live stating they want an investigation of the treatment of Protestant people in their work place...WTF. they claim Protestant people are in fear and are intimidated by Catholic workers talking about GAA matters and also seeing people with a Mass card on their desk...WTF. A guy came on the radio to say was this an April fool joke.

Radio Ulster is going nutts here about this now...Only up here would you get this.

We've got them on the run!! seriously though, some sections of the community need to seek mental health advice.

Longshanks

ah yes the old mass card... striking fear to all.

People need to get a grip

Hereiam

All carefully planned by the DUP/OO to scare people into voting DUP in the elections to make sure they are the largest party. Pretty sad really but it will work for them.

NAG1

Quote from: Hereiam on March 23, 2016, 09:49:47 AM
All carefully planned by the DUP/OO to scare people into voting DUP in the elections to make sure they are the largest party. Pretty sad really but it will work for them.

That's exactly it, this is a strategy to get their voters out and avoid the apathy.

Those bad catholics are going to take over if we dont do something........

blewuporstuffed

The way the GAA is equated to the Orange Order , as if they are opposite side of the same coin, really grinds my gears.

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

illdecide

It's live right now...you have to listen to this to believe it...

lurganblue

Quote from: illdecide on March 23, 2016, 09:58:26 AM

some of us have work to be getting on with sure

seafoid

illdecide

Quote from: lurganblue on March 23, 2016, 10:03:02 AM

I am working away here but have the ear piece in listening to these morons.

imtommygunn

These people are morons and shouldn't be given airtime. Anyone with half an ounce of sense knows that. Feeds the way the media work these days in terms of just creating controversy.

lurganblue

Quote from: illdecide on March 23, 2016, 10:22:01 AM
Quote from: lurganblue on March 23, 2016, 10:03:02 AM

I am working away here but have the ear piece in listening to these morons.

I'm away for a cup of coffee here sure, maybe speak a little about the crossmaglen tv show or even the upcoming Armagh v Tyrone match.  Hopefully intimidate a few colleagues...

imtommygunn

The "extreme" OO / Free P brigade seem to live in a state of constant fear and insecurity. Sure I can't see anything in their reasoning to leave the EU beyond border patrols which would make them feel more secure.

armaghniac

Quote from: Hereiam on March 23, 2016, 09:49:47 AM

It might not work. The DUP have gone for the extremist line on the Brexit, while UU have a more realistic view which many farmers etc will go for.

I think the real problem can be seen from the recent employment monitoring report

"The difference between the proportion of Protestants and Catholics in the working age population has fallen from 13 percentage points in 1990 to one percentage point in 2014. In 1990 the religious composition of the population of working age was 54% Protestant, 41% Catholic & 6% other/non determined. In 2014 the corresponding figures were 44%, 43% and 13%."
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B