2016 Macrory cup final

Started by StGallsGAA, March 17, 2016, 01:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Estimator

Full Time: St Pat's Maghera 2-14 Summerhill 3-10.
Glass only played the final 5 minutes.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Estimator on March 23, 2016, 03:28:14 PM
Bit of smash and grab win by St Pats at the end. Hard to see the Kerry school beaten in the final going by how they dismantled their semi final opponents.

Estimator

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 23, 2016, 04:41:55 PM
Quote from: Estimator on March 23, 2016, 03:28:14 PM
Bit of smash and grab win by St Pats at the end. Hard to see the Kerry school beaten in the final going by how they dismantled their semi final opponents.
Could only follow the game on Twitter, seemed like St Pat's were in control for the first 40mins or so. Summerhill goaled and then scored another through a dubious retaken penalty. And only took the lead in the last 10mins. Kearney's penalty was pretty much the last kick of the match.
St Brendan's destroyed both the Munster finalists and their Hogan semi-final opponents, so they'll be massive favourites. Final on the 2nd April.

SLIGONIAN

Not to rain on the St pats parade but every single report I got from Sligo people yesterday was the ref was scandalous and won the game for St Pats, with 10 mins to go he sent off our chb for what no one seems to know as at the time as he gave a free in his favour and then he black carded our best forward for the closing stages very harshly, Summerhill were better team, it was an ulster ref but tbh I don't think that matters to much as we are as likely to get shafted by a Connacht ref as we see every summer at underage level. Pity it wasn't a neutral province ref from Leinster.  Very proud of Summerhill though as by all accounts they left everything out on the field, 5 pts down early in second and to be 3pts up with a min to go and down to 14 against a team like pats is commendable just a travesty that this shit keeps happening in gaa.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

nrico2006

Why was St Pats best player not playing?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

oakleafgael

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 24, 2016, 08:48:23 AM
Not to rain on the St pats parade but every single report I got from Sligo people yesterday was the ref was scandalous and won the game for St Pats, with 10 mins to go he sent off our chb for what no one seems to know as at the time as he gave a free in his favour and then he black carded our best forward for the closing stages very harshly, Summerhill were better team, it was an ulster ref but tbh I don't think that matters to much as we are as likely to get shafted by a Connacht ref as we see every summer at underage level. Pity it wasn't a neutral province ref from Leinster.  Very proud of Summerhill though as by all accounts they left everything out on the field, 5 pts down early in second and to be 3pts up with a min to go and down to 14 against a team like pats is commendable just a travesty that this shit keeps happening in gaa.

The ref wasn't scandalous at all, he made mistakes as did players on both teams. Its the easy out to blame the ref when your beat. Summerhill where on top for about 15 or 20 minutes of the game which hardly makes them the better team.

oakleafgael

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: oakleafgael on March 24, 2016, 09:53:21 AM

The ref wasn't scandalous at all, he made mistakes as did players on both teams. Its the easy out to blame the ref when your beat. Summerhill where on top for about 15 or 20 minutes of the game which hardly makes them the better team.
Explain the sending off to me from a Derry point of view?

screenexile

Far be it from me to defend St. Pat's because I wouldn't usually/ever but the footage of the retaken Summerhill is equally scandallous... I watched it 5 times and still baffled as to why the ref allowed the miss to be retaken!!

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: screenexile on March 24, 2016, 10:15:37 AM

Far be it from me to defend St. Pat's because I wouldn't usually/ever but the footage of the retaken Summerhill is equally scandallous... I watched it 5 times and still baffled as to why the ref allowed the miss to be retaken!!
Is there a video of the match online?

screenexile

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on March 24, 2016, 10:21:36 AM

No Fermanagh GAA had a few clips up just . . .

https://twitter.com/FermanaghGAA/status/712657245230776320?s=09

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: screenexile on March 24, 2016, 10:31:12 AM

Thanks tbf your right that's a scandalous call, seen the St pats pen in off the post :'(

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: screenexile on March 24, 2016, 10:31:12 AM

That is bizarre .  :-\
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Estimator

Declan Bogue was covering the game on Twitter. This was he remark regarding the red card:

'Ref has sent off the wrong man here - given red to Summerhill centre-back'