[D1] Roscommon v Mayo - 27/03/16 [3:30pm, Dr. Hyde Park]

Started by Syferus, March 13, 2016, 06:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: giveballaghback on March 26, 2016, 02:21:01 PM
Where are these Castlebar lads whose absence ye are lamenting since the league started?
Hear Fintan Cregg very doubtful so there will be changes.

In hiding like you said..
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

highorlow

Any word on the state of the field? Pissing rain now. I believe it's very vulnerable to the weather.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

larryin89

Lol at the rossies they are nervous wrecks and their attempts  at downplaying the importance of beating Mayo for the first time in 15 years in a meaningful game is very entertaining to observe . 
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

blast05

So with Donegal losing this evening, that means they're definitely relegated.
All that needs to happen is Monaghan beat them by 10 in their last game and Mayo win their last 2 by combined winning margin of 20 points and obviously Cork will win their last 2 (or at least beat Down by about 25 and ensure they don't lose to Kerry in last game by more than 2 or 3).     :P

manfromdelmonte

Looking forward to a  good game of football and a big crowd.

Rossfan

9,000 tickets sold up to last Thursday, don't know how many since.
Add in the free u16s, the thousands of Rhu season ticket holders and the pay on the day crowd - it will be a Championship atmosphere.
Throw in the Easter parade and the Ros townies will make up for the loss of the 2 earlier home games.
If we win bloody great. Draw fine and a loss doesn't really matter and might just let us prepare in peace for the Championship.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

blast05

9,000 plus season ticket holders plus U-16 equals 16-17,000.
Zero chance ... or have i misunderstood, e.g.: does the 9,000 figure include Mayo season ticket holders ?

larryin89

Quote from: blast05 on March 26, 2016, 09:53:58 PM
9,000 plus season ticket holders plus U-16 equals 16-17,000.
Zero chance ... or have i misunderstood, e.g.: does the 9,000 figure include Mayo season ticket holders ?

I can't see that many going , it's a bad day forecast and that always puts some off . I'd reckon that 9k includes st holders . 11k Max I'd estimate .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

manfromdelmonte

First proper home game for Ros in Division 1, and we're second, and it's vs Mayo and it's a crunch game for them.
There'll be a very large crowd

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: highorlow on March 26, 2016, 04:48:20 PM
Any word on the state of the field? Pissing rain now. I believe it's very vulnerable to the weather.

Hard to imagine the Hyde can take three games in eight days with the weather having turned as it has.

Syferus

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on March 26, 2016, 11:59:38 PM
Quote from: highorlow on March 26, 2016, 04:48:20 PM

Hard to imagine the Hyde can take three games in eight days with the weather having turned as it has.

Four. Pitch is fine,  not been a game on it since October.  A damn sight better than Mayo's mud pit..

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

moysider

Syferus

Easter Sunday 2016 and there's not another place on Earth I'd prefer to be than at this match. Ros-Mayo will always have a little edge no matter what is at stake. Both counties can drive each other up the wall because both counties are football mad and know very well the other is too. I hope the game lives up to its billing.

ballinaman