[D1] Roscommon v Mayo - 27/03/16 [3:30pm, Dr. Hyde Park]

Started by Syferus, March 13, 2016, 06:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giveballaghback

This aos not getting fair play is a joke, to make my point lets think back to the first semi mayo got to with this team in 2011, ball broke to the gooch in a crowded penalty area, he turns out spins around and blasts a piledriver to the roof of the net, now what would aos do in the same circumstances? run straight at the backs and protest when they do not step out of the way, there my friends is the difference between class and ass.

larryin89

Quote from: giveballaghback on March 25, 2016, 02:50:33 PM
This aos not getting fair play is a joke, to make my point lets think back to the first semi mayo got to with this team in 2011, ball broke to the gooch in a crowded penalty area, he turns out spins around and blasts a piledriver to the roof of the net, now what would aos do in the same circumstances? run straight at the backs and protest when they do not step out of the way, there my friends is the difference between class and ass.

You were right to allude to the fact you're not the brightest in an earlier post .Your post makes no sense in relation to AOS getting fair play from officials , it just tells us that you're of the opinion that Gooch is a better forward than AOS . Most of Ireland would agree with you though including us Mayo WANs if that makes you feel better.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

Captain Obvious

Quotedon't see Monaghan winning either of their last 2 games (at home to Kerry who will want to win to avoid a winner-qualifies-for-the-semi game v Cork in their last match (Cork will beat Down this weekend) and then at home to Donegal who i would expect to lose to Dublin this weekend and thus need to win their last game v Monaghan to guarantee qualification for semis)

Monaghan have a good recent record against Donegal and if Monaghan need to win that game to stay up they probably will win it.

giveballaghback

Quote from: larryin89 on March 25, 2016, 03:02:59 PM
Quote from: giveballaghback on March 25, 2016, 02:50:33 PM

You were right to allude to the fact you're not the brightest in an earlier post .Your post makes no sense in relation to AOS getting fair play from officials , it just tells us that you're of the opinion that Gooch is a better forward than AOS . Most of Ireland would agree with you though including us Mayo WANs if that makes you feel better.
I said ye rhubarbs think im not the brightest, for once I agree with syf aos is not a forward, I am sure he is looking forward to renewing acquaintances with our full back Collins, thats one lad he wont push aside but he knows that already, looking forward to this sham contest on Sunday, I would love to see us win it but if we dont we lose nothing, if we do more than likely we sent the rhubarbs packing, its a great position to be in.
Hon the Rossies.
THE BEST IS YET TO COME.   

Shrewdness

Isn't it the case that if Ros beat Mayo and Monaghan get even a draw against Kerry, then Mayo will be relegated next Sunday.

larryin89

Quote from: Shrewdness on March 25, 2016, 03:58:54 PM
Isn't it the case that if Ros beat Mayo and Monaghan get even a draw against Kerry, then Mayo will be relegated next Sunday.

I think that is correct as we can't get more than four points if we lose on Sunday .

Highly unlikely I know but imagine if we beat roscelona ( love that one)in their own  back yard , has it ever been done before even.

Farrandeelin

Three changes for Mayo - out go Vaughan, McLoughlin and Carolan. In come Barrett, Loftus and Regan.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

larryin89

Can't get my head around mcgloughlin , be one of my first on teamsheet for a game like this.

moysider

Those selections tend not to start. Barrett has been named for last 2 and has not started.
McLoughlin will start unless he's injured. After that who knows?
Maybe Higgins will be able to take some part?
Anyway looks like we're up against it and hard to know how we can do now to turn it around.

Syferus

So can we put the silly games aside and say at least two of McLoughlin, COC and Higgins will start for Mayo? The later two in particular starting might reek a little of panic stations stuff.

I have a bad feeling Higgins will finish the season in crutches.

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on March 26, 2016, 01:19:20 AM
So can we put the silly games aside and say at least two of McLoughlin, COC and Higgins will start for Mayo? The later two in particular starting might reek a little of panic stations stuff.

Don t know how you're doing that leap?

McLoughlin may well be injured. AFAIK COC not back in reckoning at all and Higgins may or may not be over that hamstring injury.

Why you have any feelings about Higgins and crutches is bizarre really.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on March 26, 2016, 01:41:06 AM
Quote from: Syferus on March 26, 2016, 01:19:20 AM

Don t know how you're doing that leap?

McLoughlin may well be injured. AFAIK COC not back in reckoning at all and Higgins may or may not be over that hamstring injury.

Why you have any feelings about Higgins and crutches is bizarre really.

Two injuries keeping him out for weeks already this year and it's only March. At the age now when your body starts to break down. Seen it a thousand times. Higgins has the most football behind him of any of the starters on that Mayo team now and it doesn't look like there's much cover for him when he's not there so he'll always be under pressure to come back sooner than he should.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: moysider on March 25, 2016, 09:32:54 PM

Those selections tend not to start. Barrett has been named for last 2 and has not started.
McLoughlin will start unless he's injured. After that who knows?
Maybe Higgins will be able to take some part?
Anyway looks like we're up against it and hard to know how we can do now to turn it around.

True, the forwards in particular wouldn't have defences sweating. If as I stated before on this thread, Ros have sorted out their defence they'll win.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

giveballaghback

Where are these Castlebar lads whose absence ye are lamenting since the league started?
Hear Fintan Cregg very doubtful so there will be changes.