[D1] Roscommon v Mayo - 27/03/16 [3:30pm, Dr. Hyde Park]

Started by Syferus, March 13, 2016, 06:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on March 23, 2016, 06:20:38 PM
Keenan and Cafferky can't defend. :-\

Keenan is probably our best HB. I really don't know what games you've been watching. You praise our most persistent fouler but throw two more disciplined players under the bus.

Rossfan

Ahhhh Syfín discipline is grand but defending is vital .
Them 2 lads and the Dalys are all wannabe attackers who can't defend.
We have a better defence now and when Mullooly steps up we'll have an even better one.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on March 23, 2016, 07:59:25 PM
We have a better defence now and when Mullooly steps up we'll have an even better one.

If you think Sean is going to sit back defending you've another thing coming. Never seen a FB run up the field so much in my life. Again throwing players under the bus and the ones you praise are hardly any different.

Tubberman

Quote from: Syferus on March 23, 2016, 08:10:57 PM

If you think Sean is going to sit back defending you've another thing coming. Never seen a FB run up the field so much in my life. Again throwing players under the bus and the ones you praise are hardly any different.

Ah but isn't it a lovely bus to be thrown under...
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Tubberman on March 23, 2016, 08:15:50 PM

€18 million blown on a stadium. Then bailed out.

seafoid

13 pages 3 days before a league match is impressive.
You can only imagine the reverberations if Mayo rhubarb ghu lose

Crete Boom

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on March 24, 2016, 08:39:04 AM

Wrong on both counts , it was actually €20 million blown to build our monument  to the celtic tiger ;D but unlike everyone else from that era we didn't get bailed out after :'(.

theyellowbus

Really do believe we are building ourselves up for a fall this Sunday.
While we have improved in a lot of areas we have to take into context where other teams in the division are at and I firmly believe that some of these teams took the field against us with an intensity and attitude that didn't show us any respect to be honest and thus allowed us sometimes easy rides.For example I could not understand how off the pace in the first half Donegal were and they played that first half with a very lax attitude.Compare that to the second half where they absolutely blitzed us and only for the sending off I believe we would have ended up losing the game.
We have played very well in all the games this year but this false dawn s**t of the new force in Connacht is so annoying when all we done is won a few games in the league.No disrespect to new York,London or Leitrim we haven't won a Connacht championship game of any note since 2010 and that was against a good Sligo team who if had maybe been fully focused on the job in hand might have beaten us.We haven't beaten Mayo in Connacht championship in 15 years lads wake up and smell the coffee.
We seem to hold way too much regard for Connacht Minor and U21 titles now than Senior which in fairness are great to get but Senior is where it is at and until we translate that into results and achievements at that level we have nothing to be getting brave about.
I'm sick going to different grounds over the years getting our asses handed to us come championship time after false dawns in the league.
Ill enjoy the league success as much as the next man but until its translated into championship results and achievements its only like the oul fella cooking sunday roast when the oul wans away edible but soon forgotten.

muppet

Quote from: Crete Boom on March 24, 2016, 09:44:41 AM

Wrong on both counts , it was actually €20 million blown to build our monument  to the celtic tiger ;D but unlike everyone else from that era we didn't get bailed out after :'(.

You would think after the last few years that people would understand what a bailout actually is. It isn't getting anything for free, or written off. In most cases it means austerity.
MWWSI 2017

Rossie11

Quote from: theyellowbus on March 24, 2016, 11:36:28 AM
While we have improved in a lot of areas we have to take into context where other teams in the division are at and I firmly believe that some of these teams took the field against us with an intensity and attitude that didn't show us any respect to be honest and thus allowed us sometimes easy rides.For example I could not understand how off the pace in the first half Donegal were and they played that first half with a very lax attitude.Compare that to the second half where they absolutely blitzed us and only for the sending off I believe we would have ended up losing the game.
We have played very well in all the games this year but this false dawn s**t of the new force in Connacht is so annoying when all we done is won a few games in the league.No disrespect to new York,London or Leitrim we haven't won a Connacht championship game of any note since 2010 and that was against a good Sligo team who if had maybe been fully focused on the job in hand might have beaten us.We haven't beaten Mayo in Connacht championship in 15 years lads wake up and smell the coffee.
We seem to hold way too much regard for Connacht Minor and U21 titles now than Senior which in fairness are great to get but Senior is where it is at and until we translate that into results and achievements at that level we have nothing to be getting brave about.
I'm sick going to different grounds over the years getting our asses handed to us come championship time after false dawns in the league.
Ill enjoy the league success as much as the next man but until its translated into championship results and achievements its only like the oul fella cooking sunday roast when the oul wans away edible but soon forgotten.

Who is building us up???
Mayo are favorites to win this Sunday and will continue to be favorites every day they play Ross until we can prove we can match them on a consistent basis.
Paddy Power have it
Mayo 4/5 Ross 5/4 Draw 15/2 which are bang on odds for this game in my book.
Only someone who started following Ross in the last 2 months would make us favorites for this game

Syferus

No one is building anyone up in the county. Can't believe you'd be so blinded not to see that. The people doing the talking are Mayo people and journalists.

Crete Boom

Quote from: muppet on March 24, 2016, 12:02:15 PM

You would think after the last few years that people would understand what a bailout actually is. It isn't getting anything for free, or written off. In most cases it means austerity.

Well I took the meaning of bail out in this case  to mean Mayo got favourable treatment and would somehow not pay any of the debt to keep the county afloat when in fact all the supposed bail out for Mayo consisted of was a lengthening of the term of the loan to 25 years which meant a short term gain for Mayo GAA of ,a lower annual loan repayment leading to lower running costs , but a higher interest charge on top of the principal(greater than the original loan bill!!!!) meaning long term a bigger debt , all which has still to be payed back by Mayo Gaa by whatever means ( county income/donations/fundraisers/cost cutting to underage coaching/county team preparation etc...) so not a great bail out in my opinion ;D ;D!!!

Anyway back to the real business , I think the Rossies will get the first great day in the sun against Mayo of the McStay/O'Donnell era by giving us a bit of a trimming thus relegating us on the brand new Hyde Park surface!!! Under John Evans they did seem to struggle in the games they were expected to win ( Sligo in the championship last year) or against provincial rivals which they were at least as strong as (Galway in the league last year) but I think they look a lot more comfortable in their skin due to the experience of McStay/O'Donnell/McHale.

Looking from the outside in, the Rossies seem to be concentrating on their own performance not results since the Monaghan game with the results coming as a result of , not despite the team's performance as in it's not as if they playing conservatively, are hanging in and scraping one point wins or winning because of the opposition kicking a million wides etc... (Although looking at our forwards to date we could very well kick a million wides against them if we can get our hands on the ball that is!!!!)

Syferus

Quote from: Crete Boom on March 24, 2016, 12:56:00 PM
Quote from: muppet on March 24, 2016, 12:02:15 PM

Well I took the meaning of bail out in this case  to mean Mayo got favourable treatment and would somehow not pay any of the debt to keep the county afloat when in fact all the supposed bail out for Mayo consisted of was a lengthening of the term of the loan to 25 years which meant a short term gain for Mayo GAA of ,a lower annual loan repayment leading to lower running costs , but a higher interest charge on top of the principal(greater than the original loan bill!!!!) meaning long term a bigger debt , all which has still to be payed back by Mayo Gaa by whatever means ( county income/donations/fundraisers/cost cutting to underage coaching/county team preparation etc...) so not a great bail out in my opinion ;D ;D!!!

Anyway back to the real business , I think the Rossies will get the first great day in the sun against Mayo of the McStay/O'Donnell era by giving us a bit of a trimming thus relegating us on the brand new Hyde Park surface!!! Under John Evans they did seem to struggle in the games they were expected to win ( Sligo in the championship last year) or against provincial rivals which they were at least as strong as (Galway in the league last year) but I think they look a lot more comfortable in their skin due to the experience of McStay/O'Donnell/McHale.

Looking from the outside in, the Rossies seem to be concentrating on their own performance not results since the Monaghan game with the results coming as a result of , not despite the team's performance as in it's not as if they playing conservatively, are hanging in and scraping one point wins or winning because of the opposition kicking a million wides etc... (Although looking at our forwards to date we could very well kick a million wides against them if we can get our hands on the ball that is!!!!)

Seven up at the half should have pushed on and killed them off. We were safe and had a second chance at promotion in the bag so we eased up and Evans started throwing on unfit players for a look see. Came out as flat as a pancake. Hoping for a more rounded effort in similar circumstances on Sunday.

Mc x 2 and FOD get all the attention but David Casey is just as important to the coaching. Excellent defender in his day and had St. Croans playing great stuff en route to the Inter AI final last year.

Cunny Funt

I'll take a wild guess and say this is actually a Mayo man pretending to be a Roscommon poster.

Farrandeelin

In fairness, giveballaghback is predicting Mayo's demise and world Roscommonation since he joined. He'sobviously a Mayo man pretending to be a Rossie too. ::) ::) ::)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.