[D1] Roscommon v Mayo - 27/03/16 [3:30pm, Dr. Hyde Park]

Started by Syferus, March 13, 2016, 06:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twohands!!!

Quote from: Syferus on March 22, 2016, 09:44:21 PM
D. Brady is a nationally published columnist, with his Sunday World column sitting comfortably alongside such luminaries as Pat Spillane and Roy Curtis.

Christ but that's one godawful lineup, even for the Sunday World. Shudder

Mclf

Quote from: ballinaman on March 22, 2016, 08:55:14 PM
Quote from: Syferus on March 22, 2016, 08:49:11 PM
http://www.mayonews.ie/sports/27526-roscommon-game-is-massive-for-mayo-says-david-brady

Oh yes, David. The focus will be on Roscommon and not the county going for six-in-a-row who got rid of their managers via player power and set the bar for the year at AI or bust.

Any raft in a storm seems to be the attitude in some quarters, no matter how off-the-wall.
Would you normally scour the Mayo media? I actually couldn't tell you what the paper is called in Roscommon....or even if there is one?

When you have alegences to both counties like Syferus does of course you are going to scour the Mayo.media. I bet he goes to bed every night with the Mayo news and western people.

moysider

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on March 22, 2016, 06:52:38 PM
Quote from: muppet on March 22, 2016, 04:27:52 PM
There is no waiting in the long grass, there is only the greater glory of Ros.

Roscelona don't go out to play under the radar.

Classic.  ;)
+1

moysider

Quote from: twohands!!! on March 22, 2016, 10:27:30 PM
D. Brady is a nationally published columnist, with his Sunday World column sitting comfortably alongside such luminaries as Pat Spillane and Roy Curtis.

Can't believe DB has stooped so low. There was a time he stood for normal off-the-cuff daftness !!

joemamas

Quote from: moysider on March 22, 2016, 11:39:42 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on March 22, 2016, 10:27:30 PM

Can't believe DB has stooped so low. There was a time he stood for normal off-the-cuff daftness !!

Kinda of miss him as co -commentator, it was a mix of funny stupidity/cringe worthiness,
Daftness may be nicest way to describe it.

I digress, but there are a lot of former players that I feel get a bad dose of verbal diarrhea when a camera is put in front of them.

Farrandeelin

Do season ticket holders have to use the Golf Links road or the main Athlone road for thia game?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Shrewdness

Roscommon team is named...G Claffey / S mc Dermott, N Collins, N Mc Inerney / C Daly S Purcell D Murray /E Smith N Daly / F Cregg C Murtagh C Devaney / C Connolly S Kilbride C Cregg.

Mayo4Sam

hardly missing the 9 regulars being spouted here  ???
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Syferus

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on March 23, 2016, 12:55:28 PM
hardly missing the 9 regulars being spouted here  ???

If that team was to actually start we would be missing exactly eight championship starters from last year (I left out Ciaran Caffreky above who suffered a cruciate injury late last year that's likely to rule him out for the entire season) entirely, nine if you include our starting keeper from last year who's on the bench after suffering an injury mid-season. Ian Kilbride, another championship starter is on the bench after being injured in training two weeks ago. We also have three or four other panel members injured or just back from injury and not being considered yet.

So yeah, I'm dead on. I'd wonder how well Mayo would be coping without 2/3s of their established team. What it really puts paid to is the notion we're peaking too early, a nonsense notion at the best of times.

Rossfan

Those who claim to be " in the know" say that's the team given to the programme printers and there will be changes by Sunday.
We'll see and sure ya have ta listen to thunder.
Syfín - there are a few players now on the team who are better than a lot if your missing 8/9.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on March 23, 2016, 02:49:31 PM
Those who claim to be " in the know" say that's the team given to the programme printers and there will be changes by Sunday.
We'll see and sure ya have ta listen to thunder.
Syfín - there are a few players now on the team who are better than a lot if your missing 8/9.

Only Fintan Cregg and Devanney would be a definite improvement over who was starting last year. And then the players they'd be replacing in the HF line would be in with just as much a shout to start in the HB line too. Niall Mc emerging in the FB line may allow Carty to compete for CHB if the poor lad can get right. If Purcell is ever injured we're back to square one there.

Shrewdness

U-21 players, Ronan Daly and Diarmuid Murtagh are named among the subs.

Rossfan

Purcell, McInerney and more regular use of Davy Murray has certainly improved our previously porous "defence" of wannabe attackers.

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on March 23, 2016, 04:59:12 PM
Purcell, McInerney and more regular use of Davy Murray has certainly improved our previously porous "defence" of wannabe attackers.

Davy was getting plenty of time last year. Getting carded way too much was what was costing him big time. Sure he had to sit out a league match because he got three blacks before the league was done. Got carded at least once this year but he's improved his discipline in the tackle. Beyond brave, to the point he looks like he'd rather get a boot into the head than let a pass through sometimes. Really don't see him being ahead of David Keenan and it's a wash with him and Caff who would probably be one of our better HBs for actually defending and also has popped up for more than a few big scores going forward too. Davy's ultimate destiny for me is to take the #2 jersey whenever Seanie Mac decides he's had enough. It's praise enough to say he's good enough to fill the boots of one of our all-time greats. But I hope we're a couple years off that yet.

Rossfan