[D1] Roscommon v Mayo - 27/03/16 [3:30pm, Dr. Hyde Park]

Started by Syferus, March 13, 2016, 06:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Straight outta Roscompton Mayo need to be with the points....

Syferus

Quote from: muppet on March 22, 2016, 04:27:52 PM
There is no waiting in the long grass, there is only the greater glory of Ros.

Roscelona don't go out to play under the radar.

Mayo could be under the table the radar is on and you'd still hear them complaining about their management.

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

twohands!!!

Given their was so much talk about the effects of relegation from Division 1 earlier in the thread and there was mention of the spendingof teams, I thought the article below was of interest.

I know it's related to hurling, but I'd imagine the same holds true for football, in there being a serious financial cost to teams being outside Division 1.

I remember hearing a few years back that there was a significant cash on offer as well for those teams who did well in Division 1 league finals - I think it might have been €25k for a semi-final space , €40k for getting to the final and €50k for winning it.[Wonder if the money for getting to the finals will be bumped up with the semi-finals being done away with]  It was probably at least 5 years back and I'm not 100% sure of the figures but I remember being shocked at the time at how much was available given it was "only the league"

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/life-outside-top-tier-costs-limerick-700000-388776.html

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: muppet on March 22, 2016, 04:27:52 PM
There is no waiting in the long grass, there is only the greater glory of Ros.

Roscelona don't go out to play under the radar.

Classic.  ;)

Rossfan

Some right oul gallows humour from the Rhubarbeens :o
Must be expecting a hammering.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on March 22, 2016, 04:50:33 PM
Do the Ros-Blacks sweep the Hyde after them?
How's Division 4 looking for next year?
Has your county chairman still got his throne?

larryin89

Quote from: Rossfan on March 22, 2016, 07:28:31 PM

I'd be surprised if it were anything else other than a defeat for us and furthermore I can't for the life of me understand how anyone can be surprised at such a forecast .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Farrandeelin

We are. Now what are Roscommon people predicting?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ballinaman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 22, 2016, 08:29:46 PM

World domination. The Rossie hordes are at the gates.

Syferus

The Herald says a draw.

I care way more about the U21 match.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on March 22, 2016, 08:36:16 PM

The Herald says a draw.

I care way more about the U21 match.

So do I! Sundays game means nothing in the scheme of things. The Under 21 final is a Connacht title and one game way from an AI final for who ever wins.

Syferus

http://www.mayonews.ie/sports/27526-roscommon-game-is-massive-for-mayo-says-david-brady

Oh yes, David. The focus will be on Roscommon and not the county going for six-in-a-row who got rid of their managers via player power and set the bar for the year at AI or bust.

Any raft in a storm seems to be the attitude in some quarters, no matter how off-the-wall.

ballinaman

Quote from: Syferus on March 22, 2016, 08:49:11 PM
http://www.mayonews.ie/sports/27526-roscommon-game-is-massive-for-mayo-says-david-brady

Oh yes, David. The focus will be on Roscommon and not the county going for six-in-a-row who got rid of their managers via player power and set the bar for the year at AI or bust.

Any raft in a storm seems to be the attitude in some quarters, no matter how off-the-wall.
Would you normally scour the Mayo media? I actually couldn't tell you what the paper is called in Roscommon....or even if there is one?

Syferus

Quote from: ballinaman on March 22, 2016, 08:55:14 PM
Quote from: Syferus on March 22, 2016, 08:49:11 PM

Would you normally scour the Mayo media? I actually couldn't tell you what the paper is called in Roscommon....or even if there is one?

D. Brady is a nationally published columnist, with his Sunday World column sitting comfortably alongside such luminaries as Pat Spillane and Roy Curtis.