[D1] Roscommon v Mayo - 27/03/16 [3:30pm, Dr. Hyde Park]

Started by Syferus, March 13, 2016, 06:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayoman dan

Assuming the Castlebar lads and Cillian will be unavailable for this id like to see something like this

Clarke
                                           Barrett         Caff         Harrison
                                           Keegan        Boyle      McLoughlin
                                                        Parsons  SOS
                                           Diarmuid      Vaughan  Higgins
                                           Regan          AOS      Freeman

The hf line would be dropping back and covering Keegan and McLoughlin who would have licence to attack.Start AOS at ff for the first 10 to 15 mins and if the rossies are handling him well move him out and go with a 2 man ff line.I was tempted to start Andy but it leaves us very short on the bench if its not working out.

moysider

Quote from: mayoman dan on March 15, 2016, 11:34:06 PM
Assuming the Castlebar lads and Cillian will be unavailable for this id like to see something like this

Clarke
                                                        Parsons  SOS

The hf line would be dropping back and covering Keegan and McLoughlin who would have licence to attack.Start AOS at ff for the first 10 to 15 mins and if the rossies are handling him well move him out and go with a 2 man ff line. I was tempted to start Andy but it leaves us very short on the bench if its not working out.

I dunno Dan. I'd prefer to leave McLoughlin in hf line. Gooch showed the last day how important a passer of the ball is. Stuff off the laces over 20 yards that gives the inside forwards nice sympathetic ball. Vaughan does not have the radar or the quality to do the right things as a forward at this level. I d go with Diarmuid, Higgins and McLoughlin there. Hall or Vaughan starting in backs.
Deffo Keegan in hb line. I know we are trying to kick the ball more but our runners still going to be huge for us imo.

mayoman dan

Quote from: moysider on March 15, 2016, 11:56:14 PM

Clarke
                                                        Parsons  SOS

The hf line would be dropping back and covering Keegan and McLoughlin who would have licence to attack.Start AOS at ff for the first 10 to 15 mins and if the rossies are handling him well move him out and go with a 2 man ff line. I was tempted to start Andy but it leaves us very short on the bench if its not working out.

I dunno Dan. I'd prefer to leave McLoughlin in hf line. Gooch showed the last day how important a passer of the ball is. Stuff off the laces over 20 yards that gives the inside forwards nice sympathetic ball. Vaughan does not have the radar or the quality to do the right things as a forward at this level. I d go with Diarmuid, Higgins and McLoughlin there. Hall or Vaughan starting in backs.
Deffo Keegan in hb line. I know we are trying to kick the ball more but our runners still going to be huge for us imo.
[/b]

The running game should always be our main weapon.It just needed a bit of fine tuning.I still think come Summer we will be playing the running game mixed with more kick passing.We could swap Vaughan and McLoughlin.I agree with you about Vaughan hes a very limited footballer but a serious athlete and a good ball winner.He should be forbidden for kicking the ball though just needs to keep it simple.That would just be my team for the rossies for me Cillian Patrick Durcan and maybe Cunniffe would be on my championship 15.

moysider

Quote from: mayoman dan on March 16, 2016, 12:07:00 AM
Quote from: moysider on March 15, 2016, 11:56:14 PM

Clarke
                                                        Parsons  SOS

[/b]

The running game should always be our main weapon.It just needed a bit of fine tuning.I still think come Summer we will be playing the running game mixed with more kick passing.We could swap Vaughan and McLoughlin.I agree with you about Vaughan hes a very limited footballer but a serious athlete and a good ball winner.He should be forbidden for kicking the ball though just needs to keep it simple.That would just be my team for the rossies for me Cillian Patrick Durcan and maybe Cunniffe would be on my championship 15.

I m hoping Neil Douglas will be stepping up as well.

highorlow

QuoteClarke
                                                        Parsons  SOS

That's not a bad set up assuming you are playing Vaugan as a third midfieler. I'd like them to chance Parsons at CHF. Doherty should be given another chance in the HF line and told to shoot from distance, he is well able to do it. I'd swap him with Barrett and move Higgins back to mark Fintan Cregg.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

mayoman dan

Quote from: highorlow on March 16, 2016, 09:54:03 AM
QuoteClarke
                                                        Parsons  SOS

That's not a bad set up assuming you are playing Vaugan as a third midfieler. I'd like them to chance Parsons at CHF. Doherty should be given another chance in the HF line and told to shoot from distance, he is well able to do it. I'd swap him with Barrett and move Higgins back to mark Fintan Cregg.

Vaughan would be playing a an extra defender with a licence to bomb forward.If Doherty is playing it has to be in the hf line hes wasted inside.IMO our middle 8 are not the problem.We all have our different ideas and combos for in here but its the ff line thats the problem.We need our most accurate forwards in here taking the shooting chances.Doherty Conor O Shea and Aido are not suited to playing in here.Aido maybe as a ball winner but thats it his shooting can be hit and miss.

rosnarun

playing 2 natural back in the forward is just silly ,
we need forward who will actually score .
Freeman is a scoring forward but is crap at it.
connor o shea needs all the game time he can get , Regan is not really knocking any trees down at the moment but we need his frees till CoC comes back.
Sweeney nor Ronaldson have not been given a proper run yet. while I agree we should play a running game some on has to be there to take responsibility in the end and the where real forwards are required
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

larryin89

Crikey will Ye quit with the Sweeney or ronaldson craic, div 3 footballers sin e.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

giveballaghback

Quote from: rosnarun on March 16, 2016, 12:45:29 PM
connor o shea needs all the game time he can get , Regan is not really knocking any trees down at the moment but we need his frees till CoC comes back.
Sweeney nor Ronaldson have not been given a proper run yet. while I agree we should play a running game some on has to be there to take responsibility in the end and the where real forwards are required
Freeman is a scoring forward but is crap at it ;D every county has dozens of those.

larryin89

Quote from: giveballaghback on March 16, 2016, 08:19:49 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on March 16, 2016, 12:45:29 PM
Freeman is a scoring forward but is crap at it ;D every county has dozens of those.

Some of our dozens have half a dozen Connacht winning medals , how's your dozens doin on that count?

giveballaghback

Loads of underage and as you well know by now senior medals to follow and we will do it without a single rhubard in our lineout, I bet if Andy was asked which county he would have preferred to win his medals with his answer would not suit you, would prefer  a volunteer to a conscript anyday ;D

larryin89

I'm not goin to get into an infantile argument with you . All we can know for sure is there are two "rhubarbs" running the show for Ye now , Andy Moran is a Mayo man  and legend now and it's unfair to describe him as anything else .

I certainly am not sure Roscommon will win multiple Connacht championships , sure who knows they mightn't even win this year albeit it's looking very likely I'll give you that . I just don't get this acceptance by everyone that it's just a foregone conclusion that both Mayo and Galway are going to become totally inferior to Roscommon for eternity . It's all getting a bit ridiculous if you ask me , now I must say I do think Ye will win it this year as it's going to take Rochford a couple of years to put his stamp on things.

One or two years away from the croke park weekends will do my pocket no harm at all .

Kurtz

[/quote]

Some of our dozens have half a dozen Connacht winning medals , how's your dozens doin on that count?
[/quote]

A cork man said to me the other day, no one remembers who won the league.
Mind you he was in bad form after watching the football and then the hurling
But most people in Ireland would say the same thing about Connacht

Rossfan

Andy Moran is a Roscommon man.
The GAA club in his town affiliate to the Mayo Co Board so he's only qualified to play for the County team that operates under the Mayo CB.
The England and Wales Cricket team are called England. Anyone from Wales that plays for them is still a Welshman ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

larryin89

Quote from: Kurtz on March 17, 2016, 07:18:35 PM

[/quote]

A cork man said to me the other day, no one remembers who won the league.
Mind you he was in bad form after watching the football and then the hurling
But most people in Ireland would say the same thing about Connacht
[/quote]

Erm TBH I couldn't give a fook what a cork man thinks or the rest of Ireland , in the context of Mayo v Ross rivalry unfortunately there is only one barometer as regards medals until either win an AI in the modern era and that's Connacht medals and we p I Ss  all over Ye to date , thanks for your time.