los angeles to san diego

Started by creative, April 30, 2007, 01:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

creative

I was wondering if any members have done this route by any mode BUT driving....therefor public transport?
There seems to be a few options...plane,bus,train.
anyone have an knowledge of which is the best?!
Never argue with an idiot,they'll only bring you down to their level and beat you on experience!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: creative on April 30, 2007, 01:00:24 PM
I was wondering if any members have done this route by any mode BUT driving....therefor public transport?
There seems to be a few options...plane,bus,train.
anyone have an knowledge of which is the best?!
I drove
never took public trans on the west coast.

On the east coast I took both.
Dep on the trip
the train can be as cheap as the bus and can be quicker.
I'd get the details of both - duration and cost and then choose.

The train is a bit amazing.
As fat yankee people are too big to fit into bus seats, you will feel like you are in the middle of a 'revenge of the fatties' movie if you take the train.

its weird.

They always all head up to the buffet /snacks compartment on the train too!

Croí na hÉireann

Took the train years ago, nowhere near as spectacular as the triain from san fran to la.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

magickingdom

its only about a two hour drive so flying is out.... best way to go is to drive.. 

The Worker

Im staying in La for a few days in April, can anyone recommend a good area/hotel to stay?

I have heard most of the area is a kip, from what I can see Hollywood would be the best place to stay.

Any advice welcome, thanks.

ballinaman

Go bus from chinatown in la is dirt cheap and quite fast too. Took the amtrak down twice, very comfortable and bout 3 hours, get to see beaches outside laguna maybe for 5 mins max...

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ballinaman on January 18, 2012, 10:58:03 PM
Go bus from chinatown in la is dirt cheap and quite fast too. Took the amtrak down twice, very comfortable and bout 3 hours, get to see beaches outside laguna maybe for 5 mins max...
He should have got there by now  ;)

ross4life

Quote from: The Worker on January 18, 2012, 10:50:05 PM
Im staying in La for a few days in April, can anyone recommend a good area/hotel to stay?

I have heard most of the area is a kip, from what I can see Hollywood would be the best place to stay.

It is a kip, one or two days are more than enough. I would recommend the Hollywood Orchid Suites.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ballinaman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 18, 2012, 11:09:53 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on January 18, 2012, 10:58:03 PM
He should have got there by now  ;)
true.... :D

lynchbhoy

Quote from: The Worker on January 18, 2012, 10:50:05 PM

if twas me , i'd go 45 min south of LA and stay in the lovely newport beach - there was a best western hotel right on the nice beach that was meant to be decent.
other than that I cant help.

The Worker

Anyone know of any sports bars in downtown la which show english soccer? Thanks

thejuice

We're heading down from California to Cancun in December. Hoping to stop on the west coast of Mexico for a few nights and then head across to the yucatan. Want to avoid Mexico city. Any tips?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Puckoon

Blowitupref

Quote from: The Worker on April 12, 2012, 04:15:41 AM
Anyone know of any sports bars in downtown la which show english soccer? Thanks
With the time difference it's a bit early to be in a bar?

http://www.worldsoccerbars.com/los-angeles-soccer-bars/
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

thejuice

Quote from: Puckoon on April 12, 2012, 05:35:39 PM
Drink bottled water :o

cheers. noted.

is it possible to get a bus across from Guadalajara to the Yucatan without going through Mexico city?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016