Laois Intermediate Football Championship 2016

Started by Heshs Umpire, March 04, 2016, 10:34:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laoiseabu

From the terrace that's pure bullshit are you blind or what were you at the match against portlaoise B

From the Terrace

Wasn't at that game portlaoise and they had a good intermediate team this year, i think o dempseys will win. maybe my winning margin is a bit over the top. But was at timahoe match + Quigley getting off is pure bull.

Laoiseabu

I think it will be a close encounter 50 50 either way Ciaran Lennon back fullback is a help which will allow one of the o Connors to be released further upfield my timahoe team wud be 1 Culleton 2Richard Oxley 3 Ciaran Lennon 4 James Whelehan 5 Joe Foyle 6 James OConnor 7 Andy Daly 8 Brendan Quigley 9 Sean Ramsbottom 10 Joe OConnor 11 Damien OConnor 12 Colm Lalor 13 Robbie Foyle 14 Ruari OConnor 15 Martin Bergin.    It wud be hard enough bet

From the Terrace

No doubting they have good footballers, losing to clonaslee & ballyfin in past two years, would of thought timahoe were better than both of them. Discipline big problem just look at midfielders one of them get the line + there done.

Laoiseabu

Exactly when I look at timahoe there two hot heads at centre field wud get sent off in a flash and undo a whole years training . If they can keep there heads and just play football there more than good enough

Rebelred

Sure look I personally think this is what o dempseys needed to galvanise the squad nothing more dangerous than a group of lads thinking everyone is against them. Heard the o dempseys camp is bursting to get a hold of timahoe since this news of the farcical quigley situation. No matter what war the match goes the ccc need to be more transparent as they are a part of a rotten laois set up from the core

LaoisHeart

I think the findings and evidence of such a report should be made available for public viewing just like you can request information under the freedom of information act. O Dempseys started the year training to win a final against teams with strong squads and this mentality should not change over this

SCFC

Quote from: LaoisHeart on September 25, 2016, 07:13:36 AM
I think the findings and evidence of such a report should be made available for public viewing just like you can request information under the freedom of information act. O Dempseys started the year training to win a final against teams with strong squads and this mentality should not change over this
The minutes of the meeting where the suspension was overturned are available from the secretary of any GAA club who they are emailed out to each month.
And by the way it wasn't the CCC who overturned the suspension. They actually gave the suspension and it would be the hearings committee who rescinded it.

Rebelred

Ah sure look what's done is done pretty obvious what went on crazy the way the Whealen suspension wasn't challenged he must be feeling surplus to requirements after that. Don't blame timahoe they just took a chance and the corrupt system which still consumes the laois gaa to the core looked after the rest. Was a neutral before this saga but I hope o dempseys go through them for a short cut. The appointed ref won't give quigley an inch either

Tintin84

Well when the ref that sent Quigley off said he hadn't a hope in he'll of getting the suspension overturned who ends up looking like fools. Not only was he sent off he abused the ref that night to a degree that he nearly attacked the ref and then gets into an altercation with someone from the crowd how wrong is this? The county board are a joke!!!

Rebelred

I heard the video that was used in the appeal is doing the rounds on wass app groups and it's a disgrace. Plus with the news of a big name injury coming out of the o dempseys camp. Don't know who but county or ex county was mentioned looks like o dempseys are getting a run of bad luck and corrupt decesions

LaoisHeart

I'd like to see the video before I pass judgement. I wonder is this a phantom injury as in playing mind games

Laoiseabu

Is it Meitheal Finlay that's injured? Or is it just rumour

Rebelred

Didn't hear an exact name just that is a current or past laois senior few of them up those parts so your guess is as good as mine. Hopfully who ever it is gets back in time after that ref card fiasco o dempseys deserve the best shot to beat timahoe

Laoiseabu