Laois Senior Football Championship 2016

Started by Heshs Umpire, March 04, 2016, 10:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the sash

Quick question for ballyroanabu. Your underage structure is doing very well at the moment but are the areas of shanahoe n colt lumped in with ye aswell n can those lads play senior football with ye in the future?

Laoiseabu

None of this underage stuff in St. Paul's is worth a shite because at the end of the day they have to go back to 3 clubs. A lot of the players on show yesterday won't go on to play football when they are older

Laoiseabu

Ballyroan are in a good position because they are still called Ballyroan abbey at senior

Dave like the tv channel

Quote from: the sash on October 17, 2016, 11:57:09 AM
Quick question for ballyroanabu. Your underage structure is doing very well at the moment but are the areas of shanahoe n colt lumped in with ye aswell n can those lads play senior football with ye in the future?

Is Raheen have no adult team, the players can go where they like. If Raheen does, BA have to ask the clubs' permission and will play as a Gaels team.

Laoiseabu

Any chance any one wud know where I could buy a Ballyroan abbey senior jersey a nice bit of stuff

BallyroanAbu

Shanahoe and Colt have contributed a lot at underage football to Ballyroan over the years, but this is now becoming less and less.  I don't think there are many from Shanhoe or Colt on our U14's downwards .  In saying that I do wish Colt and Shanhoe would allow players to transfer to Ballyroan for football purposes only but they are unwilling to do that.  BallyroanAbbey I doubt ever will become a Gaels team.

Laois fan

Very enjoyable game yesterday with a great crowd. plaois just couldn't put stradbally away,twice they went a couple of scores up but just couldn't kill it off ,stradbally kicked some wonderful long range points in the first half which surprisingly plaois were unable to do.While talk of this being the end of portlaois is premature ,yday showed how heavily they rely on Bruno and Zach ,and that some of there older players naturally are starting to lose that bit of pace and maybe hunger.Hopefully this may be the end of the talk about amalgamations,stradbally showed what can be achieved with some guts and belief and how special it is when you win it with your own club

town1980

i have also heard this am that p clancy has stepped down as ballyroanabbey manager,,,surprising as they have done very well under him and seemed to be heading in the right direction under him,,thats kileen, heath, graig, babbey, that i no of looking for managers

Laoiseabu

The Ballyroan abbey job is a very attractive job kileen have run there race there's no potential there graigue with the right man in place could do better

High Fielder

Quote from: El Jefe on October 17, 2016, 11:27:59 AM
Quote from: High Fielder on October 16, 2016, 11:24:20 PM
Agree with that. It's easy to confuse excitement with quality, but the proof will come when Stradbally and Laois take on teams from other counties. We are guilty in Laois at times of living in our own little bubble, and marking players out because they excel in poor company. The first game today was pitiful to watch, and proof that our underage coaching is terrible. The basic skills at times were way below an acceptable level, and so many lads were physically weak. Good hard tackling and strength in possession were particularly poor, but that wouldn't worry me as much at that age as the crazy amount of wayward passes. All in all, Stradbally winning a title aside, a bad day for football.
You're judging this on one match, if you'd see either of these two teams during the year both at U16 & U17 level you'd know they're both far better than they showed yesterday. Big game with an unusually big crowd for them to play in front of, have to cut them some slack. A good majority of them are part of the Laois U16 side that's probably the best underage side the county has at the minute. Bad game yes but not a fair reflection on either side

I've seen plenty of underage football and it's the same thing everywhere. It won't travel outside of the county the older they get. I can appreciate everything you said above, but the transition from being a nice young footballer to an inter county player, as you know, is a big one. We have a lot of nice young footballers, but individually, how many are making the breakthrough? The return is disappointing and I put that down to poor coaching

town1980

i do think any of the clubs would be good for a manager to take ,,,heath including there at a good age

Ballyroan Abbey

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on October 17, 2016, 12:20:20 PM
Shanahoe and Colt have contributed a lot at underage football to Ballyroan over the years, but this is now becoming less and less.  I don't think there are many from Shanhoe or Colt on our U14's downwards .  In saying that I do wish Colt and Shanhoe would allow players to transfer to Ballyroan for football purposes only but they are unwilling to do that.  BallyroanAbbey I doubt ever will become a Gaels team.

Colt and mountrath are joined up as st fintains, i would assume that any shanahoe lads that would want to play with them are welcomed, being honest i think we have a big enough pick with abbeyleix without having to go to raheen to get players, id rather see colt, shanahoe and mountrath have a football team between them and give it a proper go, because i reckon they could challenge for a junior A if they did so, we arent that far removed from castletown/slieve bloom getting to a junior A final, if they did that then the likes of dunphy wouldnt have to go to portlaoise to be given oppurtunities with the big ball

Uisce

Can intermediate players play senior football with a Gaels team or is it only Junior lads? You would imagine a few of the Emo boys would want to play Senior.. they would give a serious boost to a club!

BallyroanAbu

Intermediates can play with a Gaels team

Timmy

Quote from: Uisce on October 17, 2016, 03:00:30 PM
Can intermediate players play senior football with a Gaels team or is it only Junior lads? You would imagine a few of the Emo boys would want to play Senior.. they would give a serious boost to a club!

I'd imagine they'd have enough on their plates trying to win the intermediate!