Laois Senior Football Championship 2016

Started by Heshs Umpire, March 04, 2016, 10:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

south Laois

I couldn't. agree more Junior. It just doesn't seem right. Are they not strong enough already!!! If he was back earlier it wouldn't be as bad but the fact his 1st game will be a county final just doesn't sit well.

BobbyBoucherJr

Lads get over it! Its the same thing every year when Zach comes home, he is a Portlaoise GAA club member and is entitled to play. The reason he is later than usual this year is because of his contract negotiations. Are ye telling me if he was playing for your club, he wouldn't play or you would have the same opinion about him. I don't think so.

Maroon Manc

Portlaoise is some size of a place to only have one GAA club, I imagine I'm not the first to mention it.

BobbyBoucherJr

Do you want a bigger spoon Maroon Manc!!!

Dave like the tv channel

Don't mind Zach playing. Portlaoise's advantage over the rest of us is greater than most anyway. He's 26 now, you'd imagine he won't be coming home/he'll come home for good soon enough.

There's just no catching them at the mo. I said a few years back when they were on 3 or 4, that they would win 8. Never thought we'd see 10. This means that there are kids heading to college who don't remember anyone else bar a Portlaoise senior winning club! [based on the fact that i remember my first All Ireland at 9yo]

El Jefe

They're dead right to play him if they can. They're not breaking any rules so work away but the rule itself is wrong - he shouldn't be allowed play but seeing as there's no rule against it they'd be mad not to use him. Any club in the country would do the same

Tony

Of course they should play him if he's available. "Aren't they big enough already" is not a good reason to disallow him playing, in fairness. If it's within the rules, let him on.

SCFC

Swap Colm Begley for Zach.
Say Begley was still in Oz and Zach hadn't made it.
Don't think many would be saying Strad shouldn't be playing their man.
I love seeing him play. The thoughts of what we're missing do spring to mind though.

Ballyroan Abbey

When stradbally played portlaoise in the 07 final begley came home from oz and played so the touhy arguement is absolute nonsense

The Monument Road

Absolute nonsense people giving out about Zach playing. Do they say the same for proffessional soccer players , proffessional rugby players. Should Kevin Moran have not played with Dublin, should Mick Galway not have played with Kerry not to mention Shane Byrne playing junior with his home club. Well trained international athlethes from the athletic frternity play for their local clubs. As someone has already mentioned C Begley came home and played for Stradbally when he was away. Total nonsense.

Don Draper

Quote from: The Monument Road on October 11, 2016, 09:38:32 PM
Absolute nonsense people giving out about Zach playing. Do they say the same for proffessional soccer players , proffessional rugby players. Should Kevin Moran have not played with Dublin, should Mick Galway not have played with Kerry not to mention Shane Byrne playing junior with his home club. Well trained international athlethes from the athletic frternity play for their local clubs. As someone has already mentioned C Begley came home and played for Stradbally when he was away. Total nonsense.
Mick Galwey wasn't a professional. Neither are athletes.

The Zach argument is done to death. He's a weapon any team would like to have. Its great for Portlaoise to have him. He was the difference in them beating Emo last year. Although he didn't give them much help against Vincents that year he was home for the wedding.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

I don't think Portlaoise are wrong to play him, I don't think Zack is wrong for playing. As I said previously I think the rules are wrong to allow this.
Personally I'm looking forward to watching him playing on Sunday, pity it's the only time this year we will see him....
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

les Antiques

High Fielder

Play him if you want, but what is the point? He won't be there if they are in Leinster, and they have enough to beat Stradbally anyway. The handicap is 5 points in Paddy Powers, and Portlaoise are a 10 point better team in my opinion if they put the foot to the floor. Great to see him but no more than a sideshow

town1980

why are people still talking about this year in year out,,,,my god forget about this silly debate and concentrate on the game itself,,the contrasting styles of play,,,silly talk regarding zach if his back his back if his not his not