Tyrone v Derry, Healy Park, Omagh, 19:00 Sat 5/3/16

Started by never kickt a ball, February 28, 2016, 11:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ose 14

norf tiernan mccann the new brian dooher holy god. you must be using the early 2000s colm o rourke template. 

JoG2

Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 06, 2016, 08:04:10 AM
They would be better spent learning to tackle. Same issues as last year no discipline in the tackle.

It all comes down to that magical percentage number though,  what percentage a ref will give a free when conned.  I'd say it's up around 75%.  A player throwing himself to the ground yelping isn't indiscipline in the tackle.  We've plenty of other areas to work on  though in fairness

redzone

At the end of the day all you can ask is to give it your best shot. Derry weren't good enough last night. But to see hundreds of Derry supporters leave 10 min early was not nice to see.

the goal was on

Any reason derry arrived at 5pm in Healy park yesterday?? Must have thought game was at 6 and finished at 7!

king of leon

Hard watch last night, it appears we haven't learnt much from the last few years.
Kickouts are killing us, once Tyrone pushed up we were clueless in how to win primary possession, McNicholl time and time again booted the ball into areas were Tyrone were dominant, any time the ball broke we were too slow to the break.
It was interesting to see the difference in urgency in our kick outs and Tyrones, any time Morgan had a kick out he was looking to get the ball out asap and the defence were moving into areas looking the short, we seem to lack this urgency.

Turning defence into attack is a major issue still, to much lateral running and passing, would like to see Bell and Kielt coming from deep more and and try and get the ball off the shoulder, they are getting caught too much in congested areas and are very easy to bottle up.Kielt actually spent most of the game marking his man who was bombing forward at every opportunity.

I've no idea how Holly remained on so long, R Donnelly took him to the cleaners, someone should have been detailed to him much sooner
Still a work in progress, Celtic Park is a different beast, let's hope things improve upon then.

Mario

Quote from: redzone on March 06, 2016, 10:26:40 AM
At the end of the day all you can ask is to give it your best shot. Derry weren't good enough last night. But to see hundreds of Derry supporters leave 10 min early was not nice to see.
That's a first, at least a hundred showed up for a televised game.

Moortown Spuds

Quote from: JoG2 on March 06, 2016, 09:21:29 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 06, 2016, 08:04:10 AM
They would be better spent learning to tackle. Same issues as last year no discipline in the tackle.

It all comes down to that magical percentage number though,  what percentage a ref will give a free when conned.  I'd say it's up around 75%.  A player throwing himself to the ground yelping isn't indiscipline in the tackle.  We've plenty of other areas to work on  though in fairness

Derry number 10? Dived in front of the stand in the second. Even the 5nr Derry supporters in Healy park laughed.
No comment to make on the two Judas acts by McKaigue?

omagh_gael

Great to get the win again last night, think we can safely assume that we'll be back in division 1 next year. We're motoring on well at the minute across all lines of the team.

Would have been really interesting to see how we'd be faring in division1 this year. Although, there appears to be a significant gulf between div 1 and 2 at present.

Richie Donnelly and Colm Cav were fantastic last night, however, it was great to see Ronan O'Neill score five from five free kicks. When was the last time we'd a free taker finish the game with a 100% record? Would be excellent if he could keep that going.

skeog

ronan much better free taker than darren mc curry mickey has decided to many frees being missed previously

Fuzzman

Didn't see the game but delighted with what I'm reading.
Did RoN play well from play too or mainly frees only.
I hope to God he continues and we stop Morgan coming up to hit them as it always raises the pressure from other fans.
His did Petey play?

trileacman

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 06, 2016, 12:41:46 PM
I hope to God he continues and we stop Morgan coming up to hit them as it always raises the pressure from other fans.
His did Petey play?

Mainly frees.

Petey has had better nights. Seen alot of ball to be fair but the use of it was poor at times.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

tyroneman

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 06, 2016, 12:41:46 PM
His did Petey play?

Harte put in a curates egg performance last night. Him and Meyer slow to pass to others in better positions on several occasions.  RoN played well amd more importantly worked very hard. To see him in amd around our square fighting for dirty ball suggests he knows what MH expects amd is prepared to put in a real shift. Colly and Richie were excellent as was McGeary. In fact most of the team were very good on the night. Took Sean a while to get going and he still seems most effective out round the middle.

Good to see Skeet stand up to the Derry defence. Wasn't going to be bullied and put in a solid game.

All of which means fcuk all if we don't take care of business in Celtic park though.

As an aside I saw that Donnelly was taking the warm up...are we to assume all is well again?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: tyroneman on March 06, 2016, 03:14:31 PM
As an aside I saw that Donnelly was taking the warm up...are we to assume all is well again?

Yes, absolutely, no issue as far as MH was concerned as it transpires. ;) :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

tyroneman

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 06, 2016, 03:50:48 PM

Excellent. Donnelly a big asset from what I've seen so far.

BennyHarp

Quote from: tyroneman on March 06, 2016, 03:57:10 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 06, 2016, 03:50:48 PM

Excellent. Donnelly a big asset from what I've seen so far.

Indeed, Tyrone look in fairly decent shape and much more physically powerful than they have in the past.
That was never a square ball!!