Congress 2016

Started by Line Ball, February 23, 2016, 07:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

Quote from: muppet on February 27, 2016, 07:52:34 PM
Quote from: mayo.mick on February 27, 2016, 07:49:38 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on February 27, 2016, 07:08:17 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on February 27, 2016, 05:26:11 PM
The mark is passed. Aussie Rules is now our national game.
when was it even trialed at adult level?

I mean, come on?
this is ridiculous

In the league a couple of years ago, 2013? Years flying I've lost track  :-\

What happens if the ball doesn't carry past the 45m line?

they just play on  :-\   jees man it's not complicated

muppet

Quote from: longballin on February 27, 2016, 09:40:08 PM

I mean, come on?
this is ridiculous

Eh......

Ok I'll bite.

So I kick the ball to my corner back, it doesn't make the 45m line, and you say we 'just play on'?

So what has changed?
MWWSI 2017

The Trap

The sooner Conor Deegan sets up a club Version of the GPA the better!!!! 

longballin

Quote from: muppet on February 27, 2016, 09:46:06 PM
Quote from: longballin on February 27, 2016, 09:40:08 PM

I mean, come on?
this is ridiculous

Eh......

Ok I'll bite.

So I kick the ball to my corner back, it doesn't make the 45m line, and you say we 'just play on'?

So what has changed?

if a player catches it beyond the 45 and lands and three men sit on him he doesn't get a free against him for overcarrying... also it may encourage long kickouts again...

muppet

Here is a report on the new rule: https://www.newstalk.com/GAA-Congress-passes-motion-to-introduce-the-mark

"When a player catches the ball cleanly from a kick-out without it touching the ground, on or past the 45m line nearest the kick-out point, he shall be awarded a 'Mark' by the Referee. The player awarded a 'Mark' shall have the options of (a) Taking a free kick or (b) Playing on immediately".

If the player chooses to take the free kick, then the referee will allow the player five seconds to take a free kick, and opposing players must retreat 10 metres to allow the player space to take the kick.

I see now that it is simply an incentive for a player who catches it, rather than a rule forcing keepers to kick long.
MWWSI 2017

longballin

Quote from: muppet on February 27, 2016, 09:55:20 PM
Here is a report on the new rule: https://www.newstalk.com/GAA-Congress-passes-motion-to-introduce-the-mark

"When a player catches the ball cleanly from a kick-out without it touching the ground, on or past the 45m line nearest the kick-out point, he shall be awarded a 'Mark' by the Referee. The player awarded a 'Mark' shall have the options of (a) Taking a free kick or (b) Playing on immediately".

If the player chooses to take the free kick, then the referee will allow the player five seconds to take a free kick, and opposing players must retreat 10 metres to allow the player space to take the kick.

I see now that it is simply an incentive for a player who catches it, rather than a rule forcing keepers to kick long.

aye won't force long kickouts but may encourage it. Don't panic we'll still have the 10 metre kickouts.... indoor soccer style

LeoMc

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on February 27, 2016, 08:19:39 PM
Does Cluxton keep his kick outs short or change it ?
His kick outs generally go beyond the 45 but he tends to put them wide where there is space for a man to run into.

johnneycool

Quote from: tiempo on February 27, 2016, 01:33:52 PM
Quote from: TF15 on February 27, 2016, 12:55:41 PM
The mark passed for kick outs caught - without the ball touching the ground - past the 45. Not even a trial????? Holy fcuk what is going on down there.

Disgusting.

Cue training of impeeding the best high fielders in the country as they begin their run up to catch a high ball.

The old maxim if its not broke don't fix it...

Let me guess. Not implemented in hurling...

And this comes into effect immediately?

Competitions already underway being played under two different set of rules?
q

Why in under god would anyone want a mark in hurling? I can only hope you meant the age group changes, which honestly doesn't make sense other than the men in Croke Park knew they would get it passed with the help of the hurling counties provided it didn't affect them

longballin

A lot of hysteria about the mark... won't make that big a difference if teams are determined to keep the short kickouts. Sounds like a good innovation to me.

general_lee

The mark is f**king stupid. What a shower of f**king plonkers. I guarantee you will see no more or less high fielding. And on the odd occasion you do, it will be because some f**king overgrown 7ft f**king ogre has been recruited for the sole purpose of catching a ball and winning a free/possession. No doubt with about as much footballing ability as a f**king cow.

The real beauty of fielding a ball wasn't just the high catching, it was what the fielder did next, be that set up a team mate off the shoulder, turn and set up a quick attack with a quick ball, go on an attacking solo run etc.

Jarlath Burns I hope you're happy. You've helped pave the way for stop start football. I f**king really resent this utterly stupid f**king decision. f**king morons.

mrhardyannual

Quote from: general_lee on February 28, 2016, 12:20:15 AM
The mark is f**king stupid. What a shower of f**king plonkers. I guarantee you will see no more or less high fielding. And on the odd occasion you do, it will be because some f**king overgrown 7ft f**king ogre has been recruited for the sole purpose of catching a ball and winning a free/possession. No doubt with about as much footballing ability as a f**king cow.

The real beauty of fielding a ball wasn't just the high catching, it was what the fielder did next, be that set up a team mate off the shoulder, turn and set up a quick attack with a quick ball, go on an attacking solo run etc.

Jarlath Burns I hope you're happy. You've helped pave the way for stop start football. I f**king really resent this utterly stupid f**king decision. f**king morons.

What a remarkable command of the English language!

Eamonnca1

What he usually did next was absolutely nothing because he was bottled up by a blanket defence.

Itchy

I say, what a fine contribution (in posh accent)

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 28, 2016, 03:53:35 AM

What he usually did next was absolutely nothing because he was bottled up by a blanket defence.
The blanket defence has absolutely nothing to do with players getting bottled up in the middle of the field from a kickout.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

general_lee

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 28, 2016, 03:53:35 AM

Wait til you see what this joke of a rule brings in. I can see in the dying minutes of games a team winning a kick out, calling the mark, stopping, turning around and passing it backwards. Lovely football!   ::)