2016 All Ireland U-21 football championship

Started by Captain Obvious, February 22, 2016, 01:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Depends where I came from. I'd prefer to play for the team I felt I belonged to.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: twohands!!! on April 03, 2016, 12:42:51 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on April 03, 2016, 11:56:11 AM
I'd have thought Cork would be favourites for this now? Kerry are short a good few, and even though they are backboned by two Minor teams, they are the 2017 and 2018 vintages if you know what I mean. Tipperary coulda/shoulda/woulda bate Kerry below in Tralee, and Limerick ran them close as well. I'd imagine Cork have the whip hand.

Cork are currently 13/8
I want to see the teams lineup but I think they might be worth a punt - the one thing is that Cork's 2 games against Waterford and Clare were cakewalks so it's hard to draw much from them.
Cork's minors beat Kerry in 2013 after a replay and lost by a point in the final in 2014 so it's not as if there were a lot between them recnt minor level

4 points. 2-17 to 2-13 or something like that. There was a clear gap between the teams though.

Game Thursday night is hard to call. Few injuries in both camps. Kerry may just shade it, but it's going to be tight I'd say.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Declan

QuoteDublin are POACHING players on the parentage rule? Jaysus, I've heard it all now

I think it was the player himself expressing an interest rather than a poaching exercise AZ  ;) ;)

AZOffaly

Ara, I don't think he was poached. Maybe I should have said 'gaining'. :)

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

He would not have been anywhere close to the Kildare panel but it is an issue that players are being targeted in the counties bordering Dublin for their development squads. I believe Meath are being hit hardest. It really is pathetic from Dublin with all the advantages they already possess that they have to resort to this carry on.

Hill16 Blues

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on April 04, 2016, 06:55:08 PM
He would not have been anywhere close to the Kildare panel but it is an issue that players are being targeted in the counties bordering Dublin for their development squads. I believe Meath are being hit hardest. It really is pathetic from Dublin with all the advantages they already possess that they have to resort to this carry on.

That's the usual inaccurate nonsense posted on this site. Would be great if people made some effort to get their facts right. Quinns son was born outside Ireland so under GAA rules he can declare for his parents county or the county he is living in. He wasn't targeted by Dublin and if it wasn't for his father being who he is he wouldn't have represented Dublin at all. He hasn't got any game time for Dublin u21s in championship.

Michael Deegan is son of Dublin player Mick Deegan. Was born in Dublin and played most of his underage football in Dublin till his family moved to Ashbourne. Was never going to play for anyone else but Dublin if he was good enough.

Thems the facts but don't let that stop you having another childish moan about Dublin. Boo hoo hoo!

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

I'm well aware of the situations with the two players, what I was getting at was the likes of this: http://www.hoganstand.com/Meath/MessagePage.aspx?TopicID=72061&Latest=1

Granted a lot of it is driven by idiot parents desperate for their children to represent the Dubs but it is not a good direction for the GAA to be heading. Players should play for teams in their county and represent the counties they are born in/grow up/live in.
If they are not good enough for their own county and have parents from a weaker county then that is fair enough to give it a chance but Dublin teams shouldn't need to go outside their borders with the population they have.

Hill16 Blues

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on April 04, 2016, 07:42:50 PM
I'm well aware of the situations with the two players, what I was getting at was the likes of this: http://www.hoganstand.com/Meath/MessagePage.aspx?TopicID=72061&Latest=1

Granted a lot of it is driven by idiot parents desperate for their children to represent the Dubs but it is not a good direction for the GAA to be heading. Players should play for teams in their county and represent the counties they are born in/grow up/live in.
If they are not good enough for their own county and have parents from a weaker county then that is fair enough to give it a chance but Dublin teams shouldn't need to go outside their borders with the population they have.

What you've just posted there is completely different issue to your accusation around Dublins 'pathetic' actions in targeting players from other counties. Kildare and Meath should put their energies in sorting themselves out rather than blaming Dublin for their troubles at every turn. If anything is pathetic it is the state of football in both counties.

Stad

Quote from: Hill16 Blues on April 04, 2016, 08:03:38 PM
Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on April 04, 2016, 07:42:50 PM

What you've just posted there is completely different issue to your accusation around Dublins 'pathetic' actions in targeting players from other counties. Kildare and Meath should put their energies in sorting themselves out rather than blaming Dublin for their troubles at every turn. If anything is pathetic it is the state of football in both counties.

Although it's true that the lilies and Meath are pathetic, if you gave either of them the 10's of millions that Dublin have got they would be beating Dublin at all age groups.

Main Street

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 04, 2016, 02:12:55 PM
Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on April 04, 2016, 02:09:24 PM
What time is the Mon/Tyr match on Wed? Cheers.

Way too much about Dublin in this thread and not enough about the upcoming Ulster final Monaghan v Tyrone

Is this game televised or is it a Northern Sound affair?
i would be very curious to see Fergal's new disciplined Tyrone "no mouthing no nothing". I just hope our boys can take inspiration from Tyrone's high minded objectives and do their part to maintain the  repute of the game.

Tyroneforsam

Main Street, I haven't being using this site for too long but in the short time that I have I've noticed you are obsessed with all things Tyrone. You're like a fella that's jealous of the success we've had in recent times. Grow up!

Main Street

Quote from: Tyroneforsam on April 04, 2016, 09:48:00 PM
Main Street, I haven't being using this site for too long but in the short time that I have I've noticed you are obsessed with all things Tyrone. You're like a fella that's jealous of the success we've had in recent times. Grow up!
No appreciation of sarcasm and hyper sensitive to boot, nothing new there.
Anything to offer on the upcoming game?
Anything to offer on the reborn disciplined Tyrone under the tutelage of Fergal?

BennyHarp

Quote from: Main Street on April 04, 2016, 10:15:37 PM
Anything to offer on the reborn disciplined Tyrone under the tutelage of Fergal?

Daily fix?
That was never a square ball!!

Main Street

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 04, 2016, 10:26:07 PM
Quote from: Main Street on April 04, 2016, 10:15:37 PM

Daily fix?
Benny harp "empty vessels make the most noise".

Have you anything to contribute to the upcoming u21 ulster final?

Tyroneforsam

Tyrone will win because tyrone always beat Monaghan when it matters!