2016 All Ireland U-21 football championship

Started by Captain Obvious, February 22, 2016, 01:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mup

Quote from: heffo on April 02, 2016, 08:57:29 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 02, 2016, 08:51:12 PM
Quote from: heffo on April 02, 2016, 08:19:29 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 02, 2016, 08:13:50 PM
Gutted - goals win games. Better team I thought but Dublin expect to win whereas our lads hope to win and abdicated responsibility  when scores were there for the taking.

Still they died with their boots on. One thing I learned today is that the true Dub fan is a minority. Unless played at home in Croke Park Dublin are poorly supported. Would be nice to be so complacent.

Full round of Juvenile and Senior games on today along with the Hurlers playing Limerick.

There is no bandwagon like a Kildare bandwagon and expecting to win today would've brought a few along - they skulk back with the best of them when it suits.

With the two favourites in Kildare & Ros now gone, it's pot luck with Dublin v Mayo.

Dublin supporters at the hurling - good one! All the money in the world can't get supporters out to watch that manufactured team.

If nothing else, Kildare are still AI champions in how to lose ungraciously.

You always were a bitter little poster when it comes to all thing Kildare. Typical Dub.

twohands!!!

And then there were 6

Mayo
Dublin
Kerry
Cork
Tyrone
Monaghan

Ulster final is Wednesday and Munster is Thursday.

Promotion for the U21 competition in the media continues to be woeful.

AZOffaly

I'd have thought Cork would be favourites for this now? Kerry are short a good few, and even though they are backboned by two Minor teams, they are the 2017 and 2018 vintages if you know what I mean. Tipperary coulda/shoulda/woulda bate Kerry below in Tralee, and Limerick ran them close as well. I'd imagine Cork have the whip hand.

twohands!!!

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 03, 2016, 11:56:11 AM
I'd have thought Cork would be favourites for this now? Kerry are short a good few, and even though they are backboned by two Minor teams, they are the 2017 and 2018 vintages if you know what I mean. Tipperary coulda/shoulda/woulda bate Kerry below in Tralee, and Limerick ran them close as well. I'd imagine Cork have the whip hand.

Cork are currently 13/8
I want to see the teams lineup but I think they might be worth a punt - the one thing is that Cork's 2 games against Waterford and Clare were cakewalks so it's hard to draw much from them.
Cork's minors beat Kerry in 2013 after a replay and lost by a point in the final in 2014 so it's not as if there were a lot between them recnt minor level

Il Bomber Destro

Why do TG4 show so little of the U21 football Championship compared to the hurling?

Sounded like two cracking games yesterday.

Rudi

The ref was shocking in the Ros v Mayo game, he did not favour one over the other but really should call it a day. Ros were by some distance the better team in the first half and that miss will haunt. We had a poor bench due to all the injuries and could not sustain the losses of mannion, Compton and  Muloolly. We were the better team but credit to a limited Mayo side who were well able to kick frees and take full advantage of a terrible defensive mix up. Hope comptons injury is not bad, could do with him on the seniors, Muloolly was a big loss.

Rossfan

We hadn't the deepest well of talent on this panel unlike as in recent years so once a few better players were off we were always going to struggle.
Ref wasn't great to say the least and the CC need to bite the bullet here and bring in outside Refs till the standard in Connacht improves.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ballinaman

Quote from: Rudi on April 03, 2016, 10:22:47 PM
The ref was shocking in the Ros v Mayo game, he did not favour one over the other but really should call it a day. Ros were by some distance the better team in the first half and that miss will haunt. We had a poor bench due to all the injuries and could not sustain the losses of mannion, Compton and  Muloolly. We were the better team but credit to a limited Mayo side who were well able to kick frees and take full advantage of a terrible defensive mix up. Hope comptons injury is not bad, could do with him on the seniors, Muloolly was a big loss.
Take your bate'n, although must be even more difficult at the hands of such a limited side.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Rossfan on April 04, 2016, 09:13:52 AM
We hadn't the deepest well of talent on this panel unlike as in recent years so once a few better players were off we were always going to struggle.
Ref wasn't great to say the least and the CC need to bite the bullet here and bring in outside Refs till the standard in Connacht improves.

Should be outside the Province Referees for all intercounty games. Referee standards are sh1te at the moment. A lot has more to do with the rules than the individuals.

GrandMasterFlash

What time is the Mon/Tyr match on Wed? Cheers.

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

AZOffaly

Why is Niall Quinn's son sub goalie for Dublin? I thought he was Eadestown in Kildare?

Declan

QuoteWhy is Niall Quinn's son sub goalie for Dublin? I thought he was Eadestown in Kildare?

Correct - GAA rules etc you can declare for parents county - nothing whatsoever to do with any relationship that might exist between said parents and team management ;) ;)

AZOffaly

Dublin are POACHING players on the parentage rule? Jaysus, I've heard it all now :)

GlenMan

Look at it the other way- if you're a 20 year old would you rather play for Dublin or kildare?