Armagh v Fermanagh

Started by illdecide, February 19, 2016, 09:30:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

QuoteAt the end of the day McGeeney really owes Armagh nothing from his contribution as a player, as a manager he must stand or fall on results. The essence of good management is recognising your own shortcomings as a coach, tactician or trainer and bringing people with those skills in. I don't know the answer to these issues for Armagh but as a fan it is frustrating. One thing is for certain Mcgeeney will always give his all for Armagh.

One thing is for certain, you aren't quite sure what you're saying!

smelmoth

Quote from: ck on February 21, 2016, 09:18:12 AM
To Armagh people.. Are yee loosing patience with McGeeney? Or is he untouchable?
Its a fair question. The reverence in which he is held in some quarters means it is appropriate to use the word "untouchable". But he is not untouchable in all quarters.

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 22, 2016, 07:57:44 AM
don't want to speak for everyone but yes, I am losing patience. I know we don't have the most talented squad in Ireland nut there is some talent there and it is not being utilised properly. Plus, the football we play is dire
This in an entirely fair response but it triggers nonsense like this

Quote from: illdecide on February 23, 2016, 09:25:18 AM
You men are some craic, the wind up merchants who come on here trying to get people to slag McGeeney off...some of you wouldn't know what to do with an O'Neills ball and then the Armagh men slagging him off too, do you really think we have the players to be competing at the top table because if you do then you're mad in the head. When Armagh get their strongest 15 out they'd be a match for most teams but we don't have the talent in the squad to compete without our best players and other counties do.
Who excatly is saying that we do have the players to compete at the top

Quote from: illdecide on February 23, 2016, 09:25:18 AM
McGeeney even when he was with Kildare was the man people loved to hate for some reason and was always under scrutiny and now he's back with Armagh it has followed him, no-one on here knows anything about the man or his ways so why give him a hard time not that he will give 2 f**ks what some di*k behind a keyboard is typing about him.
So what do you think McGeeney picks the right team, makes the correct game time changes, chooses the right tactics and prepares a team to actually implement those tactics? Is it worth watching? Is it the best we can do?

Personally I think we do not have the players to compete at the top table and would be destroyed in Division 1. We do however have the players to out perform both the results and the performances under McGeeney. The football is puke to watch. The natural abilities of many players are being wasted. Something within the system is not appealing to too many players who could make a big contribution to Armagh. The tactic book is outdated. We could be doing better.

What do you think?

Orior

Only one win in all competitions this year for Armagh. I cannot see that trend changing tomorrow.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Orior on February 27, 2016, 12:32:51 AM
Only one win in all competitions this year for Armagh. I cannot see that trend changing tomorrow.
I have a feeling Armagh might nick the win.

FermGael

Fermanagh have one change from the Meath game with Kane Conor replacing Ryan Hannah.
We have a very strong bench as well which is good to see.
I think we will do well around he middle as Eoin, IMO, has been one of the best midfielders in ulster over the last 3 years.
The small nature of the athletic grounds will suit our counter attacking style.
Hopefully McGenney makes the same mistake as last year and concentrates on Quigley which will free up he two Corrigans .
We have nothing to fear from this current Armagh team and I think we are good enough to take 2 points tonight
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

general_lee

Despite Armagh being pathetic all year I actually fancy them to win. Gut feeling nothing else. On paper fermanagh should probably edge it. Armagh don't have a Quigley type player. No word on the team?

Throw ball

Quote from: general_lee on February 27, 2016, 09:28:06 AM
Despite Armagh being pathetic all year I actually fancy them to win. Gut feeling nothing else. On paper fermanagh should probably edge it. Armagh don't have a Quigley type player. No word on the team?

Team for programme same as last day out. There will be changes though. A number of fitness tests to be undertaken according to county forum admin.

armaghniac

Armagh had their chances against Laois, they'd need to take these opportunities against Fermanagh.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Il Bomber Destro

Good scuffle in the tunnel there.

bennydorano

Shite.  Tackling outlawed? Refs are getting worse.

That is a frustrating game to watch (TV). Armagh are getting cleaned in MF. Findon is away to f**k, I had thought at one stage he was gonna fill McGrane's boots - not looking likely if  the past year is anything to go by.

Oraisteach

Armagh very fortunate to win.  Looked as if they had never seem a smothering defense before.  Soloed into the right corner and then got bottled up.  Campbell's game-winner was terrific when it looked like a draw was on a cards, a draw that would have been almost as bad as a defeat. 

FermGael

Frustrating that.
We should have won that.

Great call from reilly in the first minute that cost us the game.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

bennydorano

Exciting finish to a shite game. Armagh not working very well as a unit but some great individual performances, Campbell & Mckenna excellent up front, but I thought Andy Mallon and CV really drove Armagh on in the 2nd. Some dire individual performances too.

Our Break ball win percentage must be brutal, something we used to excel at.

jp2020

Went to match, poor enough game, just 2 bad teams. But does anyone know where fermanagh get their arrogance from? Their fans are very hard to listen to, they continuously throwing 2004 at armagh fans around me! WTF like! Also between Quigley prowling around trying to intimidate players, to corrigan waving to the crowd when he scored his free which would only have got them a draw! Then no4 at the end decided to make a beeline for mckeever and stood throwing punches at him and mckeever stood and took it! Looking forward to putting manners in them!

naka

Awful game
Thought Fermanagh very cynical in buying frees Armagh very naive
Draw would have been a fair result but it was done score to win it
Referees this year have been very mediocre