It's only a minority of Muslims right ?

Started by Dalquen, February 16, 2016, 03:32:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Franko on March 03, 2016, 10:30:27 AM
Does it really matter?  Everyone's 'anonymous' here so what's another name?

I think it does.

You and I have different opinions on a couple of issues but we discuss them under our single handle. We are consistent, as in I am sure there are posters here who know who you are and there are many here who know who I am. I would guess most of the posters here know other posters.

It his posts were humorous, like say some of the O'Neill creations of old, then that would be worthwhile. But he does it to hide behind political agendas.

Now that I think about it remember Kursk? He could have been, as Leo said, Dalquen and many more of these short lived ranters.
MWWSI 2017

wickla123

Quote from: muppet on March 03, 2016, 11:33:27 AM

I think it does.

You and I have different opinions on a couple of issues but we discuss them under our single handle. We are consistent, as in I am sure there are posters here who know who you are and there are many here who know who I am. I would guess most of the posters here know other posters.

It his posts were humorous, like say some of the O'Neill creations of old, then that would be worthwhile. But he does it to hide behind political agendas.

Now that I think about it remember Kursk? He could have been, as Leo said, Dalquen and many more of these short lived ranters.

What if the moderators act on personal political opinions ? Not much of a debate in that scenario is there.

btw..you forgot periere.

muppet

Quote from: wickla123 on March 03, 2016, 12:20:36 PM

I think it does.

What if the moderators act on personal political opinions ? Not much of a debate in that scenario is there.

btw..you forgot periere.

Indeed, and yourself obviously.

As for your first point, they don't.

But of course if an individual posts something that risks prosecution, then the mods will correctly ban them. They might think that they are really clever coming back with new handles, but the mods will have all of their IP addresses.
MWWSI 2017

No wides

For someone who claims not be be stalking you appear to be a bit obsessed.

mikehunt

Quote from: No wides on March 03, 2016, 01:34:04 PM

Thou shalt not disagree with the Board's moral and intellectual Oracle. Thou shalt be smite down with great vengeance and furious anger.

J70

Quote from: wickla123 on March 03, 2016, 12:20:36 PM

I think it does.

btw..you forgot periere.

I've been a member here since the early 2000s.

Not once have I ever seen the moderators try to silence political opinion.

Stay reasonably civil, and there's never any issue.

So there's no excuse for using " sock puppet" personas, if that occurs. Besides, what's the point? If your argument needs false cheerleaders, it can't be that strong to begin with.

muppet

As you appear to be with me.

You argument is only valid is you think Wickla and Jimmy (from Dublin) are the same person.

Do you think that?

MWWSI 2017

rosnarun

Quote from: jimmyd41 on March 01, 2016, 08:04:23 PM
the cork "confederate flag" is a good example.

There is this  common thing amongst the irish all over the world which can be summed up as "ah cmon, we're the lads...we're having the craic...we can't be the bad guys.........ever"
this is a very narrow world view
the meaning of the confederate flag to a cork or irish flag is completely different to the meaning it has to a black american and to compare the too is as logical as calling some one an Irish African american when afraid to describe some one as black.
A symbol only has the power of the meaning bestowed on it . to an Irish man the union jack is the butchers apron a symbol of years of worldwide Oppression and mass murder  where we suffered as much or more than any one,
im pretty sure this is not how it is Viewed by English people or our unionist brothers and sisters
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

J70

Quote from: rosnarun on March 03, 2016, 02:12:04 PM
Quote from: jimmyd41 on March 01, 2016, 08:04:23 PM
the cork "confederate flag" is a good example.

There is this  common thing amongst the irish all over the world which can be summed up as "ah cmon, we're the lads...we're having the craic...we can't be the bad guys.........ever"
this is a very narrow world view
the meaning of the confederate flag to a cork or irish flag is completely different to the meaning it has to a black american and to compare the too is as logical as calling some one an Irish African american when afraid to describe some one as black.
A symbol only has the power of the meaning bestowed on it . to an Irish man the union jack is the butchers apron a symbol of years of worldwide Oppression and mass murder  where we suffered as much or more than any one,
im pretty sure this is not how it is Viewed by English people or our unionist brothers and sisters

I think the best that can be said for a Cork person using a confederate battle flag is that they are ignorant. And in this day and age, there's really no excuse for THAT level of ignorance.

That flag means one thing. It's not like it existed independently and was coopted by the confederates, say like the Nazis forever poisoning the swastika.

Cork supporters should use a dedicated GAA flag or cheap two colour flag like every other county does.

No wides

Quote from: muppet on March 03, 2016, 02:11:02 PM

You argument is only valid is you think Wickla and Jimmy (from Dublin) are the same person.

Do you think that?

I couldn't give a shinny shite, replying to someone isn't stalking, analyzing someones posts, how many posts they have made, in which topics they have posted and trying to marry them up in respect to other posters opinions most definitely is, get over it  - talk to Miltown Row there are more important things than worrying about such things!

muppet

Quote from: No wides on March 03, 2016, 07:04:18 PM

Do you think that?

I couldn't give a shinny shite, replying to someone isn't stalking, analyzing someones posts, how many posts they have made, in which topics they have posted and trying to marry them up in respect to other posters opinions most definitely is, get over it  - talk to Miltown Row there are more important things than worrying about such things!

I just had a look at your stats.

Now I see why you got so upset.  ;D

The problem with sock puppets is that they post supporting themselves, and criticising anyone that disagrees with one of their selves. They think that giving the impression others (selves) agree with them, gives the impression that lots of people are of the same opinion. But of course it is merely one poster and his sock puppets attempting to deceive everyone.

They are usually incredibly obvious, as in this case.

MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Do you think that?

Id thought you'd stopped stalking.... I've just put my jacuzzi in with all those dole cheats I touted on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

No wides

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 03, 2016, 09:49:34 PM

Do you think that?

Id thought you'd stopped stalking.... I've just put my jacuzzi in with all those dole cheats I touted on

As long as you are taking action instead of yapping and complaining about them on an internet forum, if anything I am proud of you, educating you in the correct thing to do for yourself with a few helpful posts was worthwhile, good man.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: No wides on March 03, 2016, 10:25:56 PM

Do you think that?

As long as you are taking action instead of yapping and complaining about them on an internet forum, if anything I am proud of you, educating you in the correct thing to do for yourself with a few helpful posts was worthwhile, good man.

My hero, I've never known a stay at home husband, who's wife earns more money than him but his DLA (for ADHD) allows him to feel as if he's contributing ...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

No wides

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 03, 2016, 11:06:05 PM
Quote from: No wides on March 03, 2016, 10:25:56 PM

Do you think that?

My hero, I've never known a stay at home husband, who's wife earns more money than him but his DLA (for ADHD) allows him to feel as if he's contributing ...

So you are a closet racist, hate people on benefits and you are now a sexist, do you have a problem with any wife earning more that their husband, you sound like a disgusting individual.  You also wouldn't have the balls to report any benefit cheat so stop yapping and go back to earning your millions.