All Ireland Club SFC Semi-finals Feb 2016

Started by general_lee, February 10, 2016, 05:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: INDIANA on February 14, 2016, 12:10:14 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 13, 2016, 11:42:20 PM
Thought the Cross Castlebar game was superb.

Barry Moran lorded it for Castlebar in the middle of the park for Castlebar and they just dominated Cross in the second half. For me, the game was lost on the line for Cross, why did they leave it until injury time to introduce McKenna when Moran was so influential. He's the only player in the entire Cross squad with the size to match or negate Moran. If Cross could have broken an even or even 40% of the primary ball then they would have won such was the joy Clarke was having inside when the ball was going in.

Once again the old start a melee proved the surefire way to effectively run down the clock, that's not a slant on Castlebar either. Any team that has a serious notion of being successful at that level have to know how to bend the rules to their advantage, but when are referees going to clamp down on it and add the time on? It's the only way to combat and deter this which is becoming all the more commonplace.

How many of those Cross boys will join up with the Armagh panel now? Young O'Neill looks a big talent and Rushe at full back is definitely one to look out for. Actually felt sorry for Rushe today, very much a victim of the Cross arrogance/virtuousness in that he was left one on one on the edge of the square today with a guy who had a 3 or 4 inch advantage of him, maybe that's more of an indication of the modern game that I'm bemoaning that but I felt he did well under the circumstances.

Castlebar should win the final comfortably.

Ballyboden looked really average in the other semi.

Ballyboden have more better players then Castebar in my opinion. They played as bady as could yesterday with 14 men and won.

They have a former inter county footballer of the year, multiple formerDublin minors and u21s , former Dublin senior footballers ,and a number of senior inter county hurlers who are very good footballers with inter county levels of fitness to call on. Boden will have someone to shut down Durkan.

They will win the final in my opinion. I wasn't massively impressed with the quality of either game. I thought both of them were largely crap.
Indy

Club is about how good your weakest player is, not what galacticos are on the team

brokencrossbar1

Club football success is all in comparison to how Dublin clubs do. As it stands, historically Dublin clubs have 6 AIs between them. So have we so at least we are level with all the Dublin clubs(albeit probably only for a few weeks till BBSE beat Castlebar out the gate).

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on February 14, 2016, 04:53:34 PM

Barry Moran lorded it for Castlebar in the middle of the park for Castlebar and they just dominated Cross in the second half. For me, the game was lost on the line for Cross, why did they leave it until injury time to introduce McKenna when Moran was so influential. He's the only player in the entire Cross squad with the size to match or negate Moran. If Cross could have broken an even or even 40% of the primary ball then they would have won such was the joy Clarke was having inside when the ball was going in.

Once again the old start a melee proved the surefire way to effectively run down the clock, that's not a slant on Castlebar either. Any team that has a serious notion of being successful at that level have to know how to bend the rules to their advantage, but when are referees going to clamp down on it and add the time on? It's the only way to combat and deter this which is becoming all the more commonplace.

How many of those Cross boys will join up with the Armagh panel now? Young O'Neill looks a big talent and Rushe at full back is definitely one to look out for. Actually felt sorry for Rushe today, very much a victim of the Cross arrogance/virtuousness in that he was left one on one on the edge of the square today with a guy who had a 3 or 4 inch advantage of him, maybe that's more of an indication of the modern game that I'm bemoaning that but I felt he did well under the circumstances.

Ballyboden have more better players then Castebar in my opinion. They played as bady as could yesterday with 14 men and won.

They have a former inter county footballer of the year, multiple formerDublin minors and u21s , former Dublin senior footballers ,and a number of senior inter county hurlers who are very good footballers with inter county levels of fitness to call on. Boden will have someone to shut down Durkan.

They will win the final in my opinion. I wasn't massively impressed with the quality of either game. I thought both of them were largely crap.
Indy

Club is about how good your weakest player is, not what galacticos are on the team

Nail on head!

J70

Quote from: Gael85 on February 14, 2016, 04:35:18 PM
I wonder will Paul Durkin be staying in Ireland for a few weeks? Looked very rusty yesterday and kickouts were poor. For a club like Ballyboden to be paying flights for a outsider who when lived in Dublin lived on the Northside of city(no where near Boden) is a bit of a farce?? Surely club of that size have another goalkeeper?

The jet lag alone must be an ordeal for him, before you even get into match sharpness and lack of training with his team mates. According to an article in the paper at the weekend, he's flying in on Friday nights and heading back out to Doha or wherever on the Sunday night straight after the game. No way that will be sustainable for the Donegal team this summer.

Its also rough on the lads at Ballyboden who have been there the whole time and are training the whole time. Durkin is a superb keeper, but is all the hassle and expense and having him in these current circumstances worth it for Ballyboden?

INDIANA

Indy

My club has been lucky enough to have won 3 AI Club Titles . I'm aware of what's required

Syferus

Quote from: INDIANA on February 14, 2016, 10:18:48 PM

Indy

My club has been lucky enough to have won 3 AI Club Titles . I'm aware of what's required

Are you sure?

INDIANA

Quote from: Syferus on February 14, 2016, 10:21:54 PM

Indy

Are you sure?

Let's see who wins on March 17.

seafoid

Indy

You are such a parody

straightred

Quote from: tippabu on February 14, 2016, 03:26:09 AM
Quote from: straightred on February 13, 2016, 09:02:21 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on February 13, 2016, 07:57:44 PM
Sweet Jesus - where do the GAA get these referees from. The standard of the top refs is extremely poor. The 2 referees today were abysmal in all aspects of the game. Cassidy is woeful, he allowed Nelson to run a mile to get the equalising score and then gave 'Boden everything in ET to win.

As for Kinsella - nightmare he was for both teams and had absolutely no control in this game.

Kinsella, Conor Lane, Duffy brothers, Cassidy - did any of them ever kick a ball ??

The standard is woeful, players devoting their lives to train for games and then get shafted by clowns like these men.

Would you stop. Boden got nothing in normal time,  absolutely nothing. When Keaney missed the close free it should have been game over but boden showed great character to dig it out and there was nothing wrong with the equalising point except clonmel naivety. Do you think castlebar would have let him run half the pitch like that ?

In extra time poor kickouts alone gifted boden 3 points. You can't blame the ref for that ?

Yes there was something wrong with the equalising point, he fouled the ball by taking far too many steps. Am i bitter about that......no, we had the game won and should have seen it out, well done to boden, all the best in the final.

I was at the game and didn't notice the steps - my bad. Furthermore I was beside a group of clonmel fans and they didn't pick it up either. They were going mad that they didn't foul him. I saw it today on the player and yes it should have been blown.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: straightred on February 14, 2016, 11:30:16 PM
Quote from: tippabu on February 14, 2016, 03:26:09 AM
Quote from: straightred on February 13, 2016, 09:02:21 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on February 13, 2016, 07:57:44 PM
Sweet Jesus - where do the GAA get these referees from. The standard of the top refs is extremely poor. The 2 referees today were abysmal in all aspects of the game. Cassidy is woeful, he allowed Nelson to run a mile to get the equalising score and then gave 'Boden everything in ET to win.

As for Kinsella - nightmare he was for both teams and had absolutely no control in this game.

Kinsella, Conor Lane, Duffy brothers, Cassidy - did any of them ever kick a ball ??

The standard is woeful, players devoting their lives to train for games and then get shafted by clowns like these men.

Would you stop. Boden got nothing in normal time,  absolutely nothing. When Keaney missed the close free it should have been game over but boden showed great character to dig it out and there was nothing wrong with the equalising point except clonmel naivety. Do you think castlebar would have let him run half the pitch like that ?

In extra time poor kickouts alone gifted boden 3 points. You can't blame the ref for that ?

Yes there was something wrong with the equalising point, he fouled the ball by taking far too many steps. Am i bitter about that......no, we had the game won and should have seen it out, well done to boden, all the best in the final.

I was at the game and didn't notice the steps - my bad. Furthermore I was beside a group of clonmel fans and they didn't pick it up either. They were going mad that they didn't foul him. I saw it today on the player and yes it should have been blown.

What I would be more annoyed about from a Clonmel point of view was why in the name of god did the keeper kick it long in the first place from that kickout?
They had played 2:30 out of 3 mins injury time, where a man up and had went short with the majority of kickouts all day.
Now, I don't know if the keeper was afraid to 'risk' a short one, or whether the players didn't want to show for a short one at that stage of the game, but if they had have shown a bit more bravery in that regard, they would be looking forward an AI club final now.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Applesisapples

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 14, 2016, 07:14:47 PM
Club football success is all in comparison to how Dublin clubs do. As it stands, historically Dublin clubs have 6 AIs between them. So have we so at least we are level with all the Dublin clubs(albeit probably only for a few weeks till BBSE beat Castlebar out the gate).
BCB I am surprised Cross don't feel more aggrieved with Eddie Kinsella's performance, which from TV viewing was poor and a bit one way traffic, as the free count suggests. Although John Mac did allude to this in the IN without actually pressing the point.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Applesisapples on February 15, 2016, 11:47:47 AM
BCB I am surprised Cross don't feel more aggrieved with Eddie Kinsella's performance, which from TV viewing was poor and a bit one way traffic, as the free count suggests. Although John Mac did allude to this in the IN without actually pressing the point.

What good will it do?  Refs are dangerous animals and no matter what if you piss one off he will remember it.  The ref made a few dubious decisions but not game changers.  The game changing incidents involved us not taking our chances when we were on top and that is pretty clear.

orangeman

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 15, 2016, 12:08:38 PM

What good will it do?  Refs are dangerous animals and no matter what if you piss one off he will remember it.  The ref made a few dubious decisions but not game changers.  The game changing incidents involved us not taking our chances when we were on top and that is pretty clear.

Being gracious in defeat ain't easy so respect to BC for that.

AZOffaly

Quote from: orangeman on February 15, 2016, 12:21:33 PM

Being gracious in defeat ain't easy so respect to BC for that.

Wouldn't expect anything different from a club like Crossmaglen.

blewuporstuffed

Wasn't it Kinsella that McConville was very critical of when he was a pundit on the BBC?
Saying that he wasn't able to keep up with the game.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either