SIGERSON 2016

Started by Mrs mills, February 02, 2016, 04:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrs mills

Surely University of Ulster will win the SIGERSON at a canter. Such an array of stars, a panel with more depth than the North Sea and a backroom team bigger than Man City and with more experience.
Put your money on UU now when the odds are good. They may not have taken the honours since 2008 but they are destined to do so in 2016. They're that good my granny (God rest her) could still coach them to the title.

Any craic

They looked good this afternoon, see the best bits here.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMbJNQIfJiY

J70

Was that the youngest McGee brother who was playing for Garda?

fearsiuil

Cunny Funt

DCU and UCD will be more than a match for UUJ both colleges are full of senior county starters.

fearsiuil

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 03, 2016, 11:57:36 AM
DCU and UCD will be more than a match for UUJ both colleges are full of senior county starters.
Owen Gallagher just goaled for NUIG to lead 1-2 to 0-3 against the UCD "star studded" team coming up to HT.

Update at HT
1-3 to 0-3.

fearsiuil

FT 1-6 to 0-11
UCD go on. Hard luck NUIG.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: fearsiuil on February 03, 2016, 02:33:16 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 03, 2016, 11:57:36 AM
Owen Gallagher just goaled for NUIG to lead 1-2 to 0-3 against the UCD "star studded" team coming up to HT.

Update at HT
1-3 to 0-3.
And in the end UCD won against what I regard a good NUIG side who gave both Roscommon and Mayo a good game in this year's FBD.

larryin89

Did Conor o Shea and Adam Gallagher play for NUIG ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Cunny Funt

AZOffaly

Did Liam Casey get a run out?

Rossfan

Hopefully our lads are nearly all out of thus stuff by now  >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

rodney trotter

UCC will be thereabouts again. Conor Cox, Ian Maguire, Luke Connolly among others, still there.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: rodney trotter on February 03, 2016, 11:17:04 PM
UCC will be thereabouts again. Conor Cox, Ian Maguire, Luke Connolly among others, still there.

Looking forward to the UCC v UCD game next week. Should be a cracker. Both scrope through with sub-par performances in Round 1 it sounds like but there is serious quality in both sides, so could be a great game.

Interestingly, I see that a few players who have been mentioned here didn't line out with Jordanstown during the week. Possibly due to "eligibility concerns".. ::)

All in all, with the weekend on in Belfast you'd have to give the Poly a very good chance of winning it, but UCC, DCU and especially UCD I think actually will seriously challenge.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

GalwayBayBoy

I was at the NUIG v UCD game. UCD were blessed really. NUIG definitely the better side in general play but kicked 8 wides to 3 and dropped a load of ball into the UCD keeper's arms. Heslin's accuracy from frees basically won UCD the game.