Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Games in Breffni & omagh going ahead apparently

Will the game in the Hyde go ahead?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: macdanger2 on March 04, 2017, 03:46:13 PM

New pitch in the Hyde why shouldn't it go ahead?

J70

0-6 to 0-4 to Donegal at half-time.

Cavan have come back into it well with Johnston frees after being five points down after 20 minutes. They're down to 14 men though.

macdanger2

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 04, 2017, 03:49:55 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on March 04, 2017, 03:46:13 PM

New pitch in the Hyde why shouldn't it go ahead?

It was a genuine question - there's been a lot of rain so will be interesting to see if the new pitch is up to it. You'd expect it would be

mrdeeds

Quote from: J70 on March 04, 2017, 07:41:40 PM
0-6 to 0-4 to Donegal at half-time.

Cavan have come back into it well with Johnston frees after being five points down after 20 minutes. They're down to 14 men though.

Was a yellow at most but McVeety should have got gate.

J70

Only realized the Donegal game was being televised with a few minutes left!

FT 1-16 to 0-11

Brings us up to five points. Another point should do it, unless Cavan and Roscommon suddenly turn things around.

Rossfan

Whatever about Cavan all the indications are that we're fcuked.
An awful lot of self created messes coming home to roost.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Main Street

Quote from: J70 on March 04, 2017, 08:40:27 PM

FT 1-16 to 0-11

Brings us up to five points. Another point should do it, unless Cavan and Roscommon suddenly turn things around.
You need to be hit on the head repeatedly with a plastic hammer  :D
I had to get though about 10 sites which only showed the Donegal Cavan game before I could get one which had the Omagh game.

J70

Quote from: Main Street on March 04, 2017, 09:41:58 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 04, 2017, 08:40:27 PM

FT 1-16 to 0-11

You need to be hit on the head repeatedly with a plastic hammer  :D
I had to get though about 10 sites which only showed the Donegal Cavan game before I could get one which had the Omagh game.

The warm, dulcet tones of Highland Radio kept me company for most of it. ;D

Itchy

Saddens me to say it but cavan are gone. That was as bad as they have been in years. A rude awakening for all the idiots that were delighted to see Hyland ran when there was no one as good as him available. Not a forward in sight, Johnson at this level isn't up to it. But what was the game plan, it looks like a disorganised mess. Depressing stuff.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Itchy on March 04, 2017, 09:54:48 PM
Saddens me to say it but cavan are gone. That was as bad as they have been in years. A rude awakening for all the idiots that were delighted to see Hyland ran when there was no one as good as him available. Not a forward in sight, Johnson at this level isn't up to it. But what was the game plan, it looks like a disorganised mess. Depressing stuff.

Manager way out of his depth. Team selections and substitutions are all over the shop. No apparent tactics.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

I would nearly say snap myself based on last night's performance. Beating Cavan is a must now.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

tierworker blue

Quote from: mrdeeds on March 04, 2017, 10:43:56 PM
Quote from: Itchy on March 04, 2017, 09:54:48 PM

Manager way out of his depth. Team selections and substitutions are all over the shop. No apparent tactics.

Yep, it is looking that way all right. No shape to us atm.

omagh_gael

So after last night's games the league stands at:

Team        Played      +/-       points

Dublin           4           19            6
Tyrone          3           10            5
Donegal       4             6             5
Monaghan   4            -1             5
Mayo            4            -4             4
Kerry             3             0             2
Cavan           3            -15           1
Roscommon 3          -15           0

Cavan and Roscommon look doomed already. If Tyrone can beat Cavan next week we are in a strong position with three games to go. Incidentally our last three fixtures are:

Donegal away
Mayo at home
Kerry away

If we can beat Cavan and get three points from those last three fixtures we're bound to be in with a big shout for league final.