Tyrone v Cavan. 31/01/16. Healy Park, Omagh.

Started by omagh_gael, January 25, 2016, 07:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redzone

Not many men get the better of McGee. He was thrown in at the deep end that day, debut I think. We def need someone that can win a high ball.maybe u will see a bit of kick passing this year from Tyrone but today was not the day to try it.

Yup the advantage was not applied to well today. If we had if took a few of our chances early on maybe the game would have opened up a bit more for us

What ovation Mcrory got when he came of. Most of the crowd must have read carmen statesides drunken rant this morning on here

clarshack

brutal stuff today. even though conditions were bad, i expected a lot more from tyrone. there was nothing up front and the defence was dodgy enough too. massive improvement needed.

Il Bomber Destro

Niall McKenna is an option for full forward when he gets fit again.

rrhf

Very negative reaction to match today. Have a feeling most big teams feel there's only one time to peak this year and that's August. Kerry Tyrone and mayo cannot waste resources in Jan when there's only one game and one team that counts... a crack at the dubs who are so far ahead they are guaranteed their league and Leinster. Expect the worst season in history.  But ye can't blame them

tyroneman

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 31, 2016, 09:14:27 PM

McKenna has has numerous chances and hadn't impressed in any of them unfortunately.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: tyroneman on January 31, 2016, 09:37:10 PM

McKenna has has numerous chances and hadn't impressed in any of them unfortunately.

He was excellent against Cavan when he was named in the full forward line for the McKenna Cup final last year.

He was one of the fall guys for the Monaghan game and didn't get much of a look in after that with injuries and the form of McAliskey and McCurry. If we are struggling for a big target man type option inside then I'd like to see McKenna given a chance. The whole team and system developed as we went on last year, McKenna only really got a chance in the full forward line when we were a disjointed side lacking in identity.

He might not be the answer but I don't believe he's had a fair shot at that role which I think is his best.

Itchy

Poor game. Personally feel both teams were very defensive and cancelled each other out in many ways. Feel a bit unlucky not to get somethings from the match but Tyrone had the few leaders going their thing when it mattered. A lot closer than some idiots would have us think before the match.

tiempo

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 31, 2016, 10:30:52 PM

He was excellent against Cavan when he was named in the full forward line for the McKenna Cup final last year.

He was one of the fall guys for the Monaghan game and didn't get much of a look in after that with injuries and the form of McAliskey and McCurry. If we are struggling for a big target man type option inside then I'd like to see McKenna given a chance. The whole team and system developed as we went on last year, McKenna only really got a chance in the full forward line when we were a disjointed side lacking in identity.

He might not be the answer but I don't believe he's had a fair shot at that role which I think is his best.

Niall McKenna won't get near a Tyrone team again, that's not to say Mickey won't use him as training session fodder for another number of years yet.

redhandefender

Quote from: ose 14 on January 31, 2016, 08:21:33 PM
he had the same impact as every one of the other 5 starting forwards as an omagh man my view is simple  he cant get injured on the bench. ronan o neill mccurry mccaliskey bradley brennan little difference in them. none of them can tackle or win a ball thats poor.and tyrone dont play to any of their strengths. over to the magician to sort them out ronan o neill spent most of the first half tracking cian mackey  who certainly had a much greater impact in the second half. mickey was obviously maximising ronans natural wing-back play total footballer id say. ;)

What a pile of rubbish, same old crap, this team got to an AI semi final and they have improved a lot in personnel since then.

Fuzzman

Yes as usual there is a lot of crap written here from moaners and I heard a lot at the game yesterday from so called fans. The amount of surface water on the pitch was unreal in some places so hitting passes and shots was a bit of a lottery at times and thus the more sensible approach of a short passing running game.
Its horrible to watch but against teams like Cavan who know it works and gives them a chance against better players.
If it was a dry sunny day then you would see a lot better football from our forwards I think.

We could have lost the game had Cavan got a late goal with all our messing about with back passes and trying to close the game out but in fairness we got the 2 points and hopefully next Sunday will be a drier day in Galway who play much more open football.

On another note, it looks like Derry's manager Damian Barton really is trying to level the playing field by keeping up his "ramping up the hatred of Tyrone" mode. He probably knows nothing gets Derry working better together than the sight of a Tyrone jersey and getting the fans and players up for a battle by rallying the troops this way. I can imagine, come 22nd May, there will be already a lot of scores to settle in Celtic park.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/gaelic-games/35455958

Fuzzman

What did yis think of the Cavan No 12 yesterday?
He was marking McShane for most of the first half.

rrhf

Quote from: tiempo on February 01, 2016, 12:11:15 AM

Niall McKenna won't get near a Tyrone team again, that's not to say Mickey won't use him as training session fodder for another number of years yet.
Great insight into your thought process.  Says more about you than anything else. 

WT4E

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 01, 2016, 10:08:50 AM
What did yis think of the Cavan No 12 yesterday?
He was marking McShane for most of the first half.

I only managed to see the second half - only thing I noticed about him was he threw two sweet lookign punches at mcaliskey in front of where I was but didn't get spotted so got away with it.

Lucky he didn't hit McCann or Collie Cav or else they may have went down -  to be fair to McAliskey he took them on the chin stayed upright and got on with it. Don't like to see any man throwing jabs but I was proud of McAliskey for taking them like a man!

PS Where Tyrone mentioned at all last night on league sunday?

tiempo

Quote from: rrhf on February 01, 2016, 10:30:40 AM

Great insight into your thought process.  Says more about you than anything else.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

WT4E

You would have to imagine there is a plan for McKenna this year - Mickey must have told him something last year as he went for an operation last year whilst his club where fighting for survival in division 1 and ultimately got relegated from Senior for the first time in years.

If he doesn't play you would imagine he would be very annoyed!