NFL Division 2

Started by smelmoth, January 24, 2016, 09:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sambostar

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 14, 2016, 02:14:59 PM
Quote from: Dire Ear on March 14, 2016, 01:39:11 PM
Tyrone 4-11 , seems handy money ??
http://www.paddypower.com/bet/gaa-sports/gaa-football/nfl-division-2

Is that to top division or win the 'final" in Croke Park?
Has to be to win in Croker, they are guaranteed top spot as Cavan & Galway meet in the final round so can't both get to 10pts. In event of a tie on 10pts Tyrone would finish ahead of either as they've beat both already

sambostar

Quote from: Stad on March 14, 2016, 01:08:59 PM
Tyrone are promoted and I think it'll be a last day showdown between Cavan and Galway to see who joins them. Cavan at home so they are favorites to go up in my book.
As has been said above, the relegation battle is between 4 teams. Derry should be fine I think. Here's the remaining fixtures for all the candidates, their points and score difference.

__________Pts__SD____Fixtures
Fermanagh    4      -2         Galway (away) Tyrone (home)
Meath            3      -12       Derry (away) Laois (away)
Laois             3      -20        Cavan (away) Meath (home)
Armagh         3       -22       Tyrone (away) Derry (home)

It's very hard to call. I think Fermanagh, Laois and Armagh will lose their next round, Meath have a chance in Derry. Fermanagh will hope Tyrone are trying out players in the last round, the winnrs of Laois and Meath will probably stay up and Armagh have to hope Fermanagh lose both games as they lost to both Laois and Meath so would be relegated on head to head record.
I'd fancy Cavan now to get 2nd promotion slot - 2 home games against Laois & Galway. Fermanagh could be in trouble now having to play Galway away & Tyrone at home - could be stuck on 4pts. Meath & Laois play each other so likely 1 of those will get to 5pts. Armagh should be able to pull out a last day performance at home to Derry (especially if Derry have nothing to play for) & also get to 5pts. Was in Navan yesterday & didn't think Meath were that bad, certainly better than Derry looked in Omagh so I'd say Fermanagh & Laois to go down 

Maroon Manc

If at the beginning of the campaign I was told that Galway had to beat Fermanagh & Cavan to secure promotion I'd have taken that although I'm disappointed not to have beaten Armagh & Meath although these are the types of games Galway would have lost last year son there are positives to take from both games.There's probably a few twists along the way though so don't rule out Derry.

Itchy

Armagh look frigged. They lost head to head with Laois and Meath didn't they? Tyrone will wallop them so even two points against Derry might not be good enough.

Farrandeelin

You'd imagine Derry will have enough to beat one of Meath or Armagh.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

FermGael

Derry could be in a spot of bother if they lose against Meath.
An Armagh victory against Derry would probably be enough to relegate Derry and keep Armagh up.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Tara Na Rí

I'd expect the loser of the Meath vs Laois game on the last day to go down, possibly joining Armagh. That could look a whole lot different after this weekend though as always seems to be the case with this division!
Meath Are Magic

FermGael

Fermanagh manager Pete McGrath has made four changes to his starting line up for tomorrow's game against Galway at Tuam Stadium.

Fermanagh were disappointing against Cavan in their last outing and it was a result that left the Ernemen facing a relegation scrap at the foot of the table.

McGrath has handed a first start of the season to experienced defender Ryan McCluskey while Damian Kelly comes into midfield for the injured Richie O'Callaghan.

There is also two changes to the personnel in attack with Sean Quigley coming in at full forward and there's a first start for Erne Gaels Ryan Lyons at centre half forward.

The players to make way are Paddy Reihill, Declan McCusker and Paul McCusker.

Fermanagh

C. Snow; M. Jones, C. Cullen, N. Cassidy; J. McMahon, R. McCluskey, A. Breen; E. Donnelly, D. Kelly; B. Mulrone, R. Lyons, R. Jones; R. Corrigan, S. Quigley, T. Corrigan

cornetto

Galway (NFL v Fermanagh): Manus Breathnach; David Wynne, Declan Kyne, Cathal Sweeney; Liam Silke, Gary O'Donnell, Johnny Heaney; Fiontan O Curraoin, Paul Conroy; Thomas Flynn, Eddie Hoare, Gary Sice; Shane Walsh, Adrian Varley, Damien Comer.

Itchy

Cavan same starting team as last day but Keating back on the bench.

Intriguing weekend ahead as things are very close. For example Derry could go into the last weekend as a promotion or relegation candidate depending on how they get on.

Gael85

Quote from: cornetto on March 26, 2016, 09:21:19 AM
Galway (NFL v Fermanagh): Manus Breathnach; David Wynne, Declan Kyne, Cathal Sweeney; Liam Silke, Gary O'Donnell, Johnny Heaney; Fiontan O Curraoin, Paul Conroy; Thomas Flynn, Eddie Hoare, Gary Sice; Shane Walsh, Adrian Varley, Damien Comer.

Is there any other Corofin players on Galway panel other than Silke and Sice?

seafoid

3 draws make it very interesting. Cavan v Galway to decide who goes up.

Champion The Wonder Horse

I reckon Derry are safe as long as they don't lose to Armagh by more than 10 points. Even then Meath would have to beat Laois and Fermanagh get at least a point against Tyrone.
One of Meath or Laois definitely gone, possibly both. Reckon Laois and Fermanagh to go down.

FermGael

Fantastic result for fermanagh today especially after Armagh and meath picked up a point.
Played most of the second half with 14 men and Pete got the subs spot on in the second half. 
Great deal of character shown by the fermanagh players.
5 points on the board now which isn't bad considering and everything to play for in the last game.

JoG2

Quote from: AFS on March 27, 2016, 05:59:51 PM
Results not kind to Armagh today. Gone from a situation where we might have stayed up even in defeat next weekend to one where a win might not be enough. Only an 11 point win against Derry guarantees safety. Confident of getting a win, but not by that much. Would expect Meath to beat Laois to potentially join Armagh and Derry on 6 points, but in that case we'd have to rely on Tyrone beating Fermanagh to keep us up.

Some amount of Armagh men are confident of beating Derry next week.  I wouldnt be confident of a Derry win,  but can't see where you boys confidence is coming from!