NFL Division 2

Started by smelmoth, January 24, 2016, 09:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

Quote from: twohands!!! on March 05, 2016, 09:02:19 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 05, 2016, 08:59:20 PM
Cavan are certainly in the hunt for promotion now although they'll probably need to win their remaining 3 games to be in with a chance of going up.

Cavan Galway on the last day could be a promotion playoff.

What happens should Galway, Derry & Cavan finish on 10 points and with Cavan beating Galway as they'd all have a win and a defeat from the games  against each other?

Itchy

2 teams on same points goes by head to head. 3 teams on same points means it's score difference.

seafoid

Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 05, 2016, 09:06:52 PM
Cavan are certainly in the hunt for promotion now although they'll probably need to win their remaining 3 games to be in with a chance of going up.

What happens should Galway, Derry & Cavan finish on 10 points and with Cavan beating Galway as they'd all have a win and a defeat from the games  against each other?
have Cavan played Derry already?

Itchy

Quote from: seafoid on March 05, 2016, 10:25:16 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 05, 2016, 09:06:52 PM

have Cavan played Derry already?

Yes lost by 1 point to Derry in 2nd game, so Derry would have the head to head on that one

FermGael

Must win now for us today after the Cavan result.
They seem to have hit a rich vein of firm at the right time.
4 points could actually be enough to stay up if we beat Laois today.
We have Cavan, Galway and Tyrone for our last 3 games.
Very difficult to expect anything out of those 3 games.

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

seafoid

Good win for Fermanagh. Armagh are dreadful. Laois would want to buck up. Derry disappointing.
Cavan should be safe. Meath need wins.

FermGael

Great result for us today.
We dominated the game from start to finish and the game was over as a contest at half time.
Corrigan was excellent but I cannot stress how poor Laois were.
That's our biggest victory at fortress Brewster under Pete and without Sean Quigley as well who was suspended.  Laois looked like a team that had not studied us properly and didn't have a clue how to deal with a blanket defence and our quick running game.
We dominated midfield and nullified Kingston very effectively.
Defensively we were never really tested and up front we were full of energy and we were very clinical, unlike last week.
Great response after the Armagh game.
I now believe we are approaching having everybody available which is vital for us.
Cavan up next on Saturday night in Brewster.
Big test and it's time we beat an ulster team in this division.

FermGael

Tyrone  10
Cavan 6
Galway 6
Derry 5
Fermanagh 4
Armagh 3
Meath 3
Laois 3

That's Tyrone promoted.
Cavan win there last 2 games they will also be promoted.
Same applies to Galway.

As for who gets relegated it's anybodys guess.
I believe who ever loses the meath v Laois game on the last day will be relegated .

seafoid

Quote from: FermGael on March 13, 2016, 05:05:48 PM
Tyrone  10
Cavan 6
Galway 6
Derry 5
Fermanagh 4
Armagh 3
Meath 3
Laois 3

That's Tyrone promoted.
Cavan win there last 2 games they will also be promoted.
Same applies to Galway.

As for who gets relegated it's anybodys guess.
I believe who ever loses the meath v Laois game on the last day will be relegated .
Meath and Armagh to get relegated.

Jinxy

Division 2 is stupid anyway.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

seafoid

It's only the league anyway

Champion The Wonder Horse

Fermanagh in big diffs, with Galway and Tyrone to come.

Any one of four others could join them, not looking great for Armagh, who have to go to Omagh.

I fancy Cavan to beat Laois and Meath could get a result in Celtic Park. Laois could beat Meath and Armagh could beat Derry, which would leave four teams on five points. One more point should leave us safe, but I'm not confident of where it will come from. I wouldn't want a winners takes all in the Athletics Grounds in the last round.

Stad

Tyrone are promoted and I think it'll be a last day showdown between Cavan and Galway to see who joins them. Cavan at home so they are favorites to go up in my book.
As has been said above, the relegation battle is between 4 teams. Derry should be fine I think. Here's the remaining fixtures for all the candidates, their points and score difference.

__________Pts__SD____Fixtures
Fermanagh    4      -2         Galway (away) Tyrone (home)
Meath            3      -12       Derry (away) Laois (away)
Laois             3      -20        Cavan (away) Meath (home)
Armagh         3       -22       Tyrone (away) Derry (home)

It's very hard to call. I think Fermanagh, Laois and Armagh will lose their next round, Meath have a chance in Derry. Fermanagh will hope Tyrone are trying out players in the last round, the winnrs of Laois and Meath will probably stay up and Armagh have to hope Fermanagh lose both games as they lost to both Laois and Meath so would be relegated on head to head record.

omagh_gael