Stuff you would do if money was no object

Started by seafoid, January 19, 2016, 02:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: No wides on January 22, 2016, 12:49:18 PM
Quote from: Man Marker on January 22, 2016, 12:33:02 PM
I would start a GAA Club up in a Unionist dominate area where no GAA exists. Build 40 magnificent houses, then go and get the best 20 footballers and hurlers in Ireland, offer them the house plus silly money on a contract basis, and win the club All Ireland in football and hurling for the next ten years :) Looking forward to my civic reception at the local council offices each April  :o

Could you not just work hard to achieve that!

Let's propose a few towns - Carrickfergus?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

stew

Quote from: Orior on January 22, 2016, 12:59:49 PM
I would start a GAA Club up in a Unionist dominate area where no GAA exists. Build 40 magnificent houses, then go and get the best 20 footballers and hurlers in Ireland, offer them the house plus silly money on a contract basis, and win the club All Ireland in football and hurling for the next ten years :) Looking forward to my civic reception at the local council offices each April  :o

Portydown.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

gallsman

Quote from: The Iceman on January 21, 2016, 03:56:51 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 21, 2016, 03:29:50 PM
I would invent a new economic system that worked for ordinary people
that requires brains - not just money :P

a lot of things on people's list I think could be done today. McGregor has a great quote where he says there is no talent - we're all the same - there is only hard work and obsession.  If we apply ourselves to something, become obsessed with it - things work.  There's a better life within arms reach of anyone.  there's also the mean's to provide a better life for others today.

That just flat out isn't true.

armaghniac

Latharna.

This is an interesing idea, but you still wouldn't beat Cross'!

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: No wides on January 22, 2016, 12:48:04 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 22, 2016, 11:58:10 AM
Quote from: No wides on January 22, 2016, 11:28:50 AM
I am sure Mr Syed doesn't need my 6.50 at this stage, so you are alright.
Im not just talking about this book.
There are a number of books/ articles / research on the subject , that provide different theories and views on it.
But i'm sure your opinion is much more valid than anyone else's, despite not having read any of it.

You know what I have or haven't read now!  Iceman mentioned the word bollox twice in his in depth evaluation of everyone's aspirations, a quite apt word for his conclusions.

Well have you read any of it?
if you are basing your opinion on something, I would love to hear it, as I am open to different ideas, unlike yourself it seems. You were the one that just completely dismissed another opinion.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

No wides

Quote from: stew on January 22, 2016, 01:11:02 PM

Portydown.

You beat me too it.  :)

No wides

Quote from: gallsman on January 22, 2016, 01:25:22 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on January 21, 2016, 03:56:51 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 21, 2016, 03:29:50 PM
I would invent a new economic system that worked for ordinary people
that requires brains - not just money :P

a lot of things on people's list I think could be done today. McGregor has a great quote where he says there is no talent - we're all the same - there is only hard work and obsession.  If we apply ourselves to something, become obsessed with it - things work.  There's a better life within arms reach of anyone.  there's also the mean's to provide a better life for others today.

That just flat out isn't true.

Ah come on iceman knows what he is talking about - 7 billion slackers out there!

thejuice

If money was no object is run for US president and I'd win by claiming I'm going fix the immigration problem. I wouldn't be beholden to any donors so I could say and do as I like. I would then proceed to make America great again.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

seafoid

I would short Goldman Sachs to bankruptcy.

The Iceman

Neuro Linguistic Programming is a scientific study of how the brain works and application of techniques.  Let me give you an example:
Filters - the brain through the senses processes thousands of signals per minute.  Based on what is important to us it filters those signals and uses them.  You have experienced this multiple times in your life I would imagine when you purchase a new car - all of a sudden you see this car on the road a lot more than before. Or when your wife is pregnant all of a sudden you see pregnant mothers everywhere or women with young babies.  They were all there before but your brain filtered them out because they were not important.

I'm not saying I'm the number 1 in the world at anything - I'm just not dismissing it all as bollox because you say it is....  My head isn't up my arse on anything - I'm simply pointing out that in my experience the life we aspire to is within reach for any of us. But a lot of people think their only shot is the lotto....  Focusing on success, health, love if you're missing it in your life, career, travel or whatever you want.

Obsession, mindset, action.
Boyle Sports - listen to John:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_fyzBCnmw0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVyT8ZRhOTM

If you don't want to watch or listen or learn that's fine. But don't begrudge the success of others. 

My whole point here is a lot of what has been stated here can be done without winning the lotto. If its really what you want to do in life and you focus all your energy on it then it can happen.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

armaghniac

According to the Gospel of Paul.

I'll buy you a diamond ring my friend if it makes you feel alright
I'll get you anything my friend if it makes you feel alright
Cos I don't care too much for money, and money can't buy me love
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Clov

Iceman - the scientific study of how the brain works is called Neuroscience.

Neuro linguistic programming is a load of old codswallop.
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

Tony Baloney

Iceman I get what you are saying to an extent but you have to admit that not every dream can be made a reality for everyone putting in 100%. However that shouldn't or hasn't stopped people trying.

It is not the point of this thread though. If money was no object is a fantastical concept for most people. If you are a millionaire in Armagh or own a house in Florida good on you but you still aren't in a position where money is no object. Go on let your imagination run wild...

The Iceman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 22, 2016, 06:17:08 PM
Iceman I get what you are saying to an extent but you have to admit that not every dream can be made a reality for everyone putting in 100%. However that shouldn't or hasn't stopped people trying.

It is not the point of this thread though. If money was no object is a fantastical concept for most people. If you are a millionaire in Armagh or own a house in Florida good on you but you still aren't in a position where money is no object. Go on let your imagination run wild...
I'm not disagreeing with you Tony - sorry to get sidetracked
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Cunny Funt

To purchase the best pair of fitting shoes and most comfortable bed that money can buy.