Ones To Watch

Started by thejuice, April 27, 2007, 09:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Which players will we be talking about come this years All-Stars??
Any players you expect to be lighting up the stadia around Ireland this summer??
Who are the ones to watch in 2007??
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Rossfan

Cathal Cregg;Richard Dooner;Enda Kenny (NOT the Mayo FG one),Cathal Devanney ............ ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

The Real Laoislad

Micheal John Tierney- Laois
You'll Never Walk Alone.

DJGaliv

If Galway go on a run, I'd say Damo Burke and Finian Hanley.

mylestheslasher

Cavans best newcomer would be Ray Cullivan in my humble opinion. If he stays injury free has the potential to be one of the best around

Ryano

Quote from: Rossfan on April 27, 2007, 09:31:31 PM
Cathal Cregg;Richard Dooner;Enda Kenny (NOT the Mayo FG one),Cathal Devanney ............ ;)

Without wanting to sound too biased.... definitely Cathal Cregg of Roscommon. This lad has a very bright future ahead of him at inter-county level, but is still just 19 and has lots to learn and improve upon. It's maybe once in a decade or more that Roscommon turn up a player like this. He is just awash with talent, potential, confidence and is the most grounded and level headed guy to boot that you could meet. Those of us at the Cavan game last weekend seen flashes of whats to come. That goal, a couple of mazy solo runs leaving defenders in his wake and the flicking of a dead ball (3 times) up to himself without breaking his stride or bending down. Remember where you heard it first....

Also Pierce Hanly from Mayo. I don't know if JOM will call him up to the seniors now that they are out of the U-21's but he will be terrorizing defenders for years to come.....

thejuice

Are any of last years Roscommon minors moving onto the senior ranks yet. How old is yer man Shine. He should make for a class player at senior level.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

I would have thought Shine was the obvious candidate for progression from last years minors but he's a tall, rangy lad so you're better off not rushing him. Give him another year to develop and he should be some player. Was the lad Cregg full forward against us in Navan last year? I remember being impressed with him.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rossfan

Quote from: Ryano on April 28, 2007, 01:46:36 PM
[Also Pierce Hanly from Mayo.      EHHHHH :o :o :o :o

BALLAGHADEREEN IS NOT IN ****IN MAYO !!!!!
How could you Ryano  :(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

The Bottom Brick

Cregg and Cullivan, definitely

Also Ciaran Hanratty from Monaghan, although that's no surprise by now really
33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

Tatler Jack

Shine is minor again this year. Has been troubled by injury for the past few months and I gather did not start in yesterdays minor game. Think it will be a couple of years until he is seen at senior level.

thejuice

Should we add Brian Farrell to that list. Ok i know its only Div 2 but 8-35 is still impressive.

dodo

Yesterday Farrell scored 2-8 out of 2-12, 2-3 from play. What age is he ?

Hardy

He was on the minor team in 2002, so he's about 22-23.

Star Spangler

Probably not relevant for discussion on 2007 All Stars, but I saw Laois U-16's playing in Dunlavin a couple of weeks ago and was very impressed with their centre-half back.  He's going to be a big asset to Laois in the coming years.  I don't know his name.