Jamie Clarke,the GAA's answer to Stephen Ireland?

Started by T Fearon, January 05, 2016, 09:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franko

Lads you are taking the idiot's bait again... as I've pointed out on this board numerous times, you will never change this dinosaur's mind on anything, even by presenting the most irrefutable evidence.

The only way to deal with him is to starve him of the oxygen of attention which he so desperately craves.

Open the thread, roll your eyes, close it again and watch it tumble down the list to join the myriad of other nonsensical threads he has created here over the years.

BennyHarp

Quote from: T Fearon on January 09, 2016, 12:59:15 PM
I think Jamie owes an explanation to all Armagh GAA supporters,many of whom (myself included) go to great lengths and considerable expense to follow the team,year in year out,and have a reasonable expectation  of seeing the best players available.Is this unreasonable?

Are you seriously as thick as this post suggests? You want to force a young man to train maybe 3 or 4 nights a week, give up most of his social life and opportunities to travel abroad so you can sit on your fat hole and give out about him once a week at a county game? And you want him to explain to you why he isn't playing? GAA players owe supporters nothing!
That was never a square ball!!

armaghniac

Training is all very fine, but think of the time we put in on the Internet!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

T Fearon

Benny are you for real? No one forced the lad to take up football in the first place. He has developed to his current status as the County's best player by voluntarily putting the effort in,so having invested so much time and effort to attain his current status it is in my opinion reasonable to ask why he is not making himself available to the County team,given presumably it was one of his motivations to become a county player in the first place.

Are there issues with the management or other problems that are precluding his involvement,which could be ironed out.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Fearon you are a balloon, you want someone who volunteers his time in an amateur sport to explain why he can't volunteer his time, reading this thread alone is enough to put him off playing for Armagh. And you iniatated the thread.

BennyHarp

Quote from: T Fearon on January 09, 2016, 04:42:57 PM
Benny are you for real? No one forced the lad to take up football in the first place. He has developed to his current status as the County's best player by voluntarily putting the effort in,so having invested so much time and effort to attain his current status it is in my opinion reasonable to ask why he is not making himself available to the County team,given presumably it was one of his motivations to become a county player in the first place.

Are there issues with the management or other problems that are precluding his involvement,which could be ironed out.

But he owes you feck all because you go to watch the games! You get plenty of enjoyment out of going and if you didn't get anything from it you wouldn't go. Nobody forces you!! If you had other things going on and couldn't make a match you wouldn't go and no player would expect an explanation, even though you seem to think of yourself as the county's best supporter.

He clearly has other things he wants to do in his life while he's still young and has given plenty to the GAA already, no doubt we'll see him back soon. Hardly rocket science.

T Fearon

This is not some club player, this is the county's best player not making himself available to his county ffs.Is there not a clamour in every county in Ireland and criticisms of county boards and managers about players who the supporters feel should be in the County panel,but aren't?

It is entirely reasonable that his decision not to make himself available is questioned by the fans.

No wides

He is a very talented amateur sportsman playing an amateur sport, he owes you absolutely nothing.  From your posts you are no fan, you are a parasite who lives of reactions to your ridiculous statements, Armagh will miss Jamie, no one would miss you if you don't attend games.

BennyHarp

Quote from: T Fearon on January 09, 2016, 05:04:56 PM
This is not some club player, this is the county's best player not making himself available to his county ffs.Is there not a clamour in every county in Ireland and criticisms of county boards and managers about players who the supporters feel should be in the County panel,but aren't?

It is entirely reasonable that his decision not to make himself available is questioned by the fans.

And in your infinite wisdom as judge and jury here, what would be an acceptable explanation for you?

imtommygunn

Quote from: T Fearon on January 09, 2016, 12:59:15 PM
I think Jamie owes an explanation to all Armagh GAA supporters,many of whom (myself included) go to great lengths and considerable expense to follow the team,year in year out,and have a reasonable expectation  of seeing the best players available.Is this unreasonable?

If he were a professional footballer being paid a wage coming from your "considerable expense" then no.

Given he is an amateur then yes it is very unreasonable.

he is not some celebrity who his "fans" make so he owes them. He is an amateur who does all this voluntarily.

illdecide

Quote from: BennyCake on January 09, 2016, 01:48:54 AM
Quote from: illdecide on January 09, 2016, 12:30:04 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on January 08, 2016, 11:53:58 PM
When the county's best player makes a statement to the effect that he doesn't believe it's worth his while making himself available for the county team due to his belief that there is little prospect of success it is indeed demoralising for the whole county,players management and supporters.A massive let down and totally selfish.

Lets be honest Tony...you love all the attention you get by starting these stupid threads and I suppose people like me and the others here give you that attention you crave by replying, I have seen you around the Athletic Grounds and you kiss the ass of anyone and everyone and as I stated earlier you'd be the first to pat J Clarke on the back after a match and tell him how well he'd done and then you'd think nothing of getting behind your keyboard and bad mouthing the lad. Does it not make you think that you're the only one here who thinks you're correct...lol.

I don't know the lad, I played against him once or twice and that's about it and he seemed a decent lad but he's entitled to do whatever he thinks is right for himself and not for some bald specky gobshite from Portadown or wherever you're from to try and tarnish his name across the internet and the worst of all is you call yourself an Armagh man. He should wrap on your door some night and see do you still have the same opinion...

Tony is obviously frustrated at Clarke's decision. You talk about Tony bad mouthing Clarke yet you personally insult the man, and wish violence upon the guy on his own doorstep.

While I don't agree with Tony on Clarke's decision, he at least kept his argument to footballing matters, but your comments are totally out of order.

Benny okay i shouldn't have called Tony a bald, specky gobshite (sorry Tony) and i in no way wished violence on him...i just suggested Jamie knock his door and i'd bet Tony would change his tune suggesting Tony has more faces than the town clock
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

I am still mystified by his decision.When you consider how hard Ronan Clarke for example fought to extend his county career against all the odds,yet our best current player prefers travelling as opposed to donning the Armagh jersey.

Brick Tamlin

could ye fuckin blame him with gabshites like you about the place.

redzone

Quote from: T Fearon on January 09, 2016, 08:38:17 PM
I am still mystified by his decision.When you consider how hard Ronan Clarke for example fought to extend his county career against all the odds,yet our best current player prefers travelling as opposed to donning the Armagh jersey.

The answer is simple  tony for ffs. He is playing for Armagh. Make no mistake if he was from a county that had a chance of winning Ulster at least, he would be staying put.

smort

There is more to his life than football. Can't blame him for that.