Jamie Clarke,the GAA's answer to Stephen Ireland?

Started by T Fearon, January 05, 2016, 09:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lar Naparka

Quote from: T Fearon on January 08, 2016, 08:54:17 PM
Not arguing about his right to do what he wants.Just saying he is letting his County and the GAA down.
Tony, would you explain what you mean by "he is letting his County and the GAA down.
I know that words can mean different things to different people, if you follow me, but I cannot make sense of that comment.
Maybe you could explain how he came to be indebted to the GAA or to his own county.
Did he enter into any moral, legal or financial agreements with either body and did he announce in advance that he felt he was obliged to put the interests of the GAA and of his county before his personal welfare?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

longballin

Quote from: Line Ball on January 08, 2016, 10:09:28 PM
Sweet fcuk, a man who play football wants to have a life and live a bit.  Good luck to him.

Absolutely, Tony whose done nothing for his county trolls Jamie Clarke...

T Fearon

Being critical of someone is not trolling.

I think a player in his prime,who is arguably the best player in the County,but chooses not to make himself available for the county team,for  the flimsy reason of wanting to see the world,is letting his County and the GAA (and all those in it who helped him attain his current level of ability and fitness etc) down.

Make no mistake about it,if Jamie was in the Mayo,Dublin or Kerry squads he would be staying for the summer.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: T Fearon on January 08, 2016, 11:06:26 PM

Being critical of someone is not trolling.

I think a player in his prime,who is arguably the best player in the County,but chooses not to make himself available for the county team,for  the flimsy reason of wanting to see the world,is letting his County and the GAA (and all those in it who helped him attain his current level of ability and fitness etc) down.

Make no mistake about it,if Jamie was in the Mayo,Dublin or Kerry squads he would be staying for the summer.
He would now, would he? ;D ;D
Ever heard of Keith Higgins or Alan Dillon, Tony? A few years ago, both took off for an extended world tour and left their boots behind them. They returned when they were good and ready and divil the bit of harm it did them!

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

T Fearon

Why is he delaying his exodus until the end of Crossmaglen's Championship season then?

imtommygunn

What are these guys to do - park their life?

If i were an armagh fan i'd be disappointed but he hasn't let anyone down. He doesn't owe anyone anything.

T Fearon

When the county's best player makes a statement to the effect that he doesn't believe it's worth his while making himself available for the county team due to his belief that there is little prospect of success it is indeed demoralising for the whole county,players management and supporters.A massive let down and totally selfish.

ziggysego

I got to be honest with you Tony, I'm disappointed in you. Despite disagreeing with you on a lot of topics, I always thought you put Celtic, Spurs, Armagh and their players above everything. To see you dragging Jamies name through the muck like this really does sadden me.
Testing Accessibility

illdecide

Quote from: T Fearon on January 08, 2016, 11:53:58 PM
When the county's best player makes a statement to the effect that he doesn't believe it's worth his while making himself available for the county team due to his belief that there is little prospect of success it is indeed demoralising for the whole county,players management and supporters.A massive let down and totally selfish.

Lets be honest Tony...you love all the attention you get by starting these stupid threads and I suppose people like me and the others here give you that attention you crave by replying, I have seen you around the Athletic Grounds and you kiss the ass of anyone and everyone and as I stated earlier you'd be the first to pat J Clarke on the back after a match and tell him how well he'd done and then you'd think nothing of getting behind your keyboard and bad mouthing the lad. Does it not make you think that you're the only one here who thinks you're correct...lol.

I don't know the lad, I played against him once or twice and that's about it and he seemed a decent lad but he's entitled to do whatever he thinks is right for himself and not for some bald specky gobshite from Portadown or wherever you're from to try and tarnish his name across the internet and the worst of all is you call yourself an Armagh man. He should wrap on your door some night and see do you still have the same opinion...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ardchieftain

Quote from: illdecide on January 09, 2016, 12:30:04 AM

Lets be honest Tony...you love all the attention you get by starting these stupid threads and I suppose people like me and the others here give you that attention you crave by replying, I have seen you around the Athletic Grounds and you kiss the ass of anyone and everyone and as I stated earlier you'd be the first to pat J Clarke on the back after a match and tell him how well he'd done and then you'd think nothing of getting behind your keyboard and bad mouthing the lad. Does it not make you think that you're the only one here who thinks you're correct...lol.

I don't know the lad, I played against him once or twice and that's about it and he seemed a decent lad but he's entitled to do whatever he thinks is right for himself and not for some bald specky gobshite from Portadown or wherever you're from to try and tarnish his name across the internet and the worst of all is you call yourself an Armagh man. He should wrap on your door some night and see do you still have the same opinion...

Well said sir. I think you have summed up the feelings of the vast majority.

BennyCake

Quote from: illdecide on January 09, 2016, 12:30:04 AM

Tony is obviously frustrated at Clarke's decision. You talk about Tony bad mouthing Clarke yet you personally insult the man, and wish violence upon the guy on his own doorstep.

While I don't agree with Tony on Clarke's decision, he at least kept his argument to footballing matters, but your comments are totally out of order.

T Fearon

Benny such is the hypocrisy on this thread and Board in general.I have done nothing more than criticise a decision made by Jamie,which I simply cannot understand.I have not personally insulted him and would be absolutely delighted if he was to have a change of heart on this matter.Nothing disappoints a fan more than a player's perceived lack of commitment to the jersey,when all fans of every team can only dream about wearing one.

I criticised Roy Keane for his decision in 2002,Sol Campbell for going back on his word and joining Arsenal,McGeeney for favouring Kildare over Armagh,and  countless more of my sporting heroes,as I would guess most sports fans have done,and it's all borne out of disappointment.

The cruellest jibe of all is to be accused of baldness,not only factually inaccurate but automatically equating me with Shane O'Neill as well😠

imtommygunn

"A statement to the effect" is your interpretation. He did not make any statement to that effect.

You read what bc1 said and joined your dots. I don't think he ever said about any belief of anything ever?

T Fearon

Statement by his actions.Stays with Crossmaglen because he sees hope of success,abandons Armagh as he sees no hope of success.No other viable conclusion.