Jamie Clarke,the GAA's answer to Stephen Ireland?

Started by T Fearon, January 05, 2016, 09:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: BennyCake on January 06, 2016, 11:16:33 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on January 06, 2016, 07:39:30 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on January 06, 2016, 07:16:27 PM
Cross have been on the go for quite a while. Clarke is just expected to line out For Armagh when their run ends. 12 months a year, year after year. That is just plain crazy. I'd be wondering what the hell was wrong with a player if he didn't take the odd break from that!

He has more breaks then Daniel Sturridge. He's not interested and that's it.

With all due respect to those above saying the 2002 team didn't do well should review the salaries of Kieran Mc Geeney and Tony Mc Entee.

Maybe he's not interested. Maybe he's one of these people that football is not going to consume every aspect of his life, and won't be taking up all his time. Nothing wrong with his attitude. Actually, it's quite normal.

While Jamie is 'travelling', is gaelic football his only source of income?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Brick Tamlin

I also think for an apparent Armagh supporter to start this thread and with that title really says a lot about them.
Idiotic.

JoG2

Quote from: Orior on January 07, 2016, 11:34:29 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on January 06, 2016, 11:16:33 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on January 06, 2016, 07:39:30 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on January 06, 2016, 07:16:27 PM
Cross have been on the go for quite a while. Clarke is just expected to line out For Armagh when their run ends. 12 months a year, year after year. That is just plain crazy. I'd be wondering what the hell was wrong with a player if he didn't take the odd break from that!

He has more breaks then Daniel Sturridge. He's not interested and that's it.

With all due respect to those above saying the 2002 team didn't do well should review the salaries of Kieran Mc Geeney and Tony Mc Entee.

Maybe he's not interested. Maybe he's one of these people that football is not going to consume every aspect of his life, and won't be taking up all his time. Nothing wrong with his attitude. Actually, it's quite normal.

While Jamie is 'travelling', is gaelic football his only source of income?

no

illdecide

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on January 07, 2016, 11:45:38 AM
I also think for an apparent Armagh supporter to start this thread and with that title really says a lot about them.
Idiotic.

Normally i would agree with you but look who started the thread
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Hardy

I went to the States every Summer when I was a student. Right through the championship season, every year for five years, I was having a good time in New York instead of playing football. Meath never even won a Leinster in those years. Coincidence?

armaghniac

Quote from: Hardy on January 07, 2016, 02:29:15 PM
I went to the States every Summer when I was a student. Right through the championship season, every year for five years, I was having a good time in New York instead of playing football. Meath never even won a Leinster in those years. Coincidence?

Is JC still a student, in visa terms?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

No, but in January 1987 a butterfly in the Amazon jungle flapped its wings...
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ziggysego

The lad wants to live his life when he's young and no ties. Just because he's a Crossmaglen lad, doesn't mean he should be forever tied to the GAA.

Disappointing I know for Armagh fans, just as some of Tyrone boys jetted off to play Ozzie Rules, but we shouldn't begrudge them.
Testing Accessibility

rrhf

I always thought you had treated the Louth Leinster final as a bonifide title win..

AZOffaly

If you think Hardy was a student in 2010 you're sadly mistaken. :) Unless of course you mean a student of life :) Peter McDermott, rather than John McDermott, would be his era I'd say :)

J70

This thread reminds me of Russell Crowe in Gladiator growling at the crowd "are you not entertained?!!"

Is that what Clarke is, a slave who's life should be lived and conducted at the beck and call of the GAA and its supporters?

The man owes NO ONE outside of his family and friends any explanation or justification.

T Fearon

So Hardy went to the 1947 AI Final in New York and stayed on for a few years.

In all seriousness (not that I wasn't being serious about Hardy!) I cannot fathom how a player attains the goal of every GAA player,to represent his county,then forsakes it to go travelling in his prime?

The more circumspect will notice that he does not desert his club and would face a Lynch mob I'd say if he dared to.

If as I suspect he thinks Armagh have little prospect of success could he at least not hang on to early summer before globetrotting.

thewobbler

Quote from: T Fearon on January 07, 2016, 06:30:43 PMThe more circumspect will notice that he does not desert his club and would face a Lynch mob I'd say if he dared to.

Here's a life lesson for you Tony.

Before you use a word like circumspect to support your argument, you should first check that your statement is indeed circumspect itself.

A clown and his shiny red nose are never easily parted.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: thewobbler on January 07, 2016, 06:42:18 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on January 07, 2016, 06:30:43 PMThe more circumspect will notice that he does not desert his club and would face a Lynch mob I'd say if he dared to.

Here's a life lesson for you Tony.

Before you use a word like circumspect to support your argument, you should first check that your statement is indeed circumspect itself.

A clown and his shiny red nose are never easily parted.

Perceptive maybe as opposed to circumspect?

INDIANA

Quote from: J70 on January 07, 2016, 06:03:34 PM
This thread reminds me of Russell Crowe in Gladiator growling at the crowd "are you not entertained?!!"

Is that what Clarke is, a slave who's life should be lived and conducted at the beck and call of the GAA and its supporters?

The man owes NO ONE outside of his family and friends any explanation or justification.

Agreed it's just that people shouldn't pretend he's a great player because he isn't. He's achieved nothing to be considered in that bracket.

Entitled to do whatever he wants like any man but he's not entitled to think he can be considered anything but an average player at county level