(Spoilers)Making a Murderer - for those who have watched all 10

Started by PadraicHenryPearse, January 04, 2016, 08:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 13, 2016, 09:08:21 AM
Trailer trash families will find it hard to change their lifestyle should the lad get compensation, will be influenced by ones around him and lose the lot and end up back in jail.... Lad had little or no education and very little support other than his grandparents and mother...

Where does this leave Stephen's case??

Yeah, his mother didn't exactly seem like a rock of sense.

muppet

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 13, 2016, 10:04:23 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 13, 2016, 09:08:21 AM
Trailer trash families will find it hard to change their lifestyle should the lad get compensation, will be influenced by ones around him and lose the lot and end up back in jail.... Lad had little or no education and very little support other than his grandparents and mother...

Where does this leave Stephen's case??

It's been a while since I watched it but was Brendan's testimony and confession used in Steven Avery's trial? If so then there must be huge doubts cast over his conviction!

The arguments and timelines used in Avery's trial contradicted those used in Dassey's trial. The only evidence in Dassey's trial was the 'confession', which was about as credible as a modern Bank's balance sheet. That confession described a certain sequence of events, which were not the sequence of events used by the same prosecutor to convict Avery.

Whatever about Avery (I'm about 80% sure he didn't do it), Dassey (100% sure) had nothing to do with anything and the prosecutor knew it.
MWWSI 2017

omaghjoe

muppet

Quote from: omaghjoe on November 14, 2016, 09:17:29 PM
Judge has ordered the release of Brendan Dassey....

Great news!

I hope he sues the f*ck out of them. But then that didn't end well for his uncle.

MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: muppet on November 15, 2016, 01:18:08 AM

Great news!

I hope he sues the f*ck out of them. But then that didn't end well for his uncle.

It is, whilst I disagree with you on the principal, I do agree this kid should be set free because of the way the bastard cops treated him, he has diminished capacity and probably should never have been in jail even though he was found guilty.

He will sue, he will win and he will be exploited by his own.

Now I want to see heads roll in the MPD.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

muppet

Quote from: stew on November 15, 2016, 09:54:53 AM

Great news!

It is, whilst I disagree with you on the principal, I do agree this kid should be set free because of the way the b**tard cops treated him, he has diminished capacity and probably should never have been in jail even though he was found guilty.

He will sue, he will win and he will be exploited by his own.

Now I want to see heads roll in the MPD.

I completely agree with that.

There is no way in hell Dassey was guilty, whatever about the uncle. The prosecution used two completely different arguments in both cases. Both arguments couldn't be right as they had two completely different versions of events including place and cause of death. The judge in the Dassey case accepted the 'confession', as there was nothing else in the way of evidence. Anyone who watched the confession being extracted would never have believed a single word of it.

MWWSI 2017

Hardy

Great news!

Are my marbles gone AWOL again or did I not read this back in August?

muppet

Quote from: Hardy on November 15, 2016, 07:49:25 PM

Great news!

The judge ordered his release within 90 days. So they held him as long as they could.

Then the judge ordered his release pending his appeal.

MWWSI 2017

Hardy

Quote from: muppet on November 15, 2016, 08:29:24 PM

Great news!

The judge ordered his release within 90 days. So they held him as long as they could.

I thought his conviction was overturned? Does that not mean he's officially innocent? What does he have to appeal? How could they keep him in jail after he was declared innocent?

imtommygunn

muppet

Quote from: Hardy on November 15, 2016, 08:40:11 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 15, 2016, 08:29:24 PM

Great news!

I thought his conviction was overturned? Does that not mean he's officially innocent? What does he have to appeal? How could they keep him in jail after he was declared innocent?

Sorry, my post reads as 'his appeal' which is misleading. It is the State who are appealing the overturning of the case, there may be a re-trial.
MWWSI 2017

stew

I don't think Dassey is innocent, I think he knows full well what happened TH, he may have helped get rid of the remains however, based on the way the cops conducted themselves he should not have been convicted at the time.

What scares me is that there is a friendliness between both defence attorneys and prosecutors in the area, and both are friendly with the police, I have had lunch in the courthouse pub and grill in Manitowoc manys a time and these people eat and drink together, in Green Bay, r0 miles down the road that would never happen, small town America I guess.

The reason for mentioning this is simply highlight the fact that if I am suspected of a crime in Manitowoc the last thing I would do would be to hire an attorney from that county as I would feel they are compromised based on their relationship with the MPD and the MCSPD.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: stew on November 17, 2016, 12:57:01 PM
I don't think Dassey is innocent, I think he knows full well what happened TH, he may have helped get rid of the remains however, based on the way the cops conducted themselves he should not have been convicted at the time.

Stew, why do you think the cops conducted themselves the way they did?
May it be perhaps because TH wasn't killed by Steven Avery?

stew

Quote from: Smokin Joe on November 17, 2016, 01:05:43 PM

She was killed by Steven Avery!

Dassey knows the score, he is simply unfit to stand trial.

The cops acted the way they did because they thought they would get away with it, it is a small community and the cops and attorneys are very friendly, they thought they were bullet proof.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: stew on November 22, 2016, 03:20:54 PM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on November 17, 2016, 01:05:43 PM

She was killed by Steven Avery!

Dassey knows the score, he is simply unfit to stand trial.

The cops acted the way they did because they thought they would get away with it, it is a small community and the cops and attorneys are very friendly, they thought they were bullet proof.

I would also say the rest of the Avery's knew something also, regardless of the whether Steven did it or not (there was a lot of stuff that wasn't in the programme that came out about him) the way the police force and prosecution team went about their business was atrocious
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea