Star Wars

Started by omaghjoe, December 15, 2015, 10:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

You could do that or watch them in order......

Although there is more than a few fan edits on youtube condensing I, II & III which cuts out alot of the shite of the prequel series, such as frolicking in the grass in II and Jar Jar Binks in I but leaves the plot and important bits intact.

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: omaghjoe on January 01, 2016, 11:11:06 PM
You could do that or watch them in order......

Although there is more than a few fan edits on youtube condensing I, II & III which cuts out alot of the shite of the prequel series, such as frolicking in the grass in II and Jar Jar Binks in I but leaves the plot and important bits intact.

Ok...cheers

Eamonnca1

Quote from: stew on January 01, 2016, 10:35:46 PM
I loved the original however nothing touches Blake's 7 or Firefly for quality Sci Fi.

Someone needs to do with Blakes 7 what they did with Star Trek TOS, and remake all the external space shots with modern effects.

manfromdelmonte

I thought it was poor enough, terrible plot and script

Wooden acting for Solo and Leia

The Iceman

I enjoyed it. It's like many of the remakes being done - they have nostalgia attached to them more than anything else.
It scripted very like episode 4 with some open story lines to be developed going forward.
I wasn't expecting much and got more so I'm happy enough. Good to see it back after all these years.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Soup an Samajiz

better than any of the other reboots of recent years I feel, much better than Jurassic World anyway. Really enjoyed it
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

Na Glinntí Glasa

as a star wars fan i really enjoyed it though i did feel that the story line was a bit so so.

R2-D2 hasnt moved for years yet low and behold he turns on and decides to tell everyone that he has the rest of the map everyone has been looking for? come on ffs!

Also when Kylo Ren took off the mask i was really disappointed. Adam Driver looked like a spotty teenager who was going off on one through puberty and needed a slap lol

But as a die hard fan it was so much better than the first 3 movies and one that i enjoyed watching. I look forward to the next film this christmas 'Rouge One' which will fill the gap until next year when we get Episode VIII
hurl like f**k boi!

deiseach

It was okay. The manner in which it hit exactly the same beats as Episode IV was exasperating. How many times will  The Bad Guys waste bazillions of whatever the currency they have in the galaxy far, far away on moon-sized weapons of mass destruction that have an underbelly softer than a marshmallow? Still, it was fun. After the visual assault on the senses that was the prequel trilogy, it looked fantastic. I felt a twinge of patriotic pride at how the Skelligs looked, and I'd pay good money to have a tour of the Millennium Falcon.

brokencrossbar1

Lads,  it's not a bloody Dickensian classic with Laurence Olivier narrating it,  it's basically a sci-fi space shoot up!!!  It's not even a sci-fi like 2001 or it's ilk.  It's a cowboy story in space ships.  It has a simple story, great FX and sufficient enough cheese to keep it on a level.

JPGJOHNNYG

Im hoping skellig michael gets a bit more air time in the next one. It looked amazing and as soon as I got back from the cinema I had to dig up 15 year old photos from my visit there. I heard they have already filmed scenes there so lets hope we see more than 60 seconds.

deiseach

I'm all for simple stories told well. If it's going to be the same story with different names though, diminishing returns is going to set in.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: deiseach on January 05, 2016, 10:52:31 AM
I'm all for simple stories told well. If it's going to be the same story with different names though, diminishing returns is going to set in.
Not at the box office obviously.

I take it Skellig Michael has a visitor quota for the year as a UNESCO site? This could really send the numbers out of control if they weren't capped.

AZOffaly

I thought the same. It's actually quite bizarre knowing Luke was hiding out there all the time. I wonder did he row in to training like Mick O'Connell from Valentia?

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 05, 2016, 01:57:50 PM
I thought the same. It's actually quite bizarre knowing Luke was hiding out there all the time. I wonder did he row in to training like Mick O'Connell from Valentia?

Why would he bother rowing? He could just levitate across using the force I'd imagine.

The Iceman

so whats the theory on Rey? why is she so strong in the force? is she as off the charts as Annakin was? I thought that maybe she was a Solo? Ben's sister? That embrace from the general.... then my brother in law said he read she was Ben Kenobi's grand-daughter...
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight