The Official Roscommon Thread

Started by Shrewdness, November 30, 2015, 01:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Devaney making a serious claim for first 15 place.
Good to see the ball moving fast. Hope we can do that when we meet a real team.
Ballinameen B would have bet them College boys today.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shrewdness

David Murray, John Mc Manus and Kevin Finn all started for NUIG against Mayo, and will
no doubt be out to impress our management, when they play against us next weekend.

Rossfan

Murray the best of the. 3. Serious defender but he's too feckn small.

Rossfan

I hear our greatest ever player Gerry O' Malley has passed away.
R.I.P.

Shrewdness

My father was at that match in Castlebar in 1962 against Galway. He says that while the crossbar was being fixed, many of the Galway team were hugging and congratulating each other, believing the game to be won.. Some Galway supporters left for home while the crossbar was being fixed, and could hardly believe the result announced  on the radio that evening. Many of the older Roscommon supporters, regard Gerry O'Malley as Roscommon's greatest ever player. May he rest in peace.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Rossfan on January 05, 2016, 01:16:17 PM
I hear our greatest ever player Gerry O' Malley has passed away.
R.I.P.
+1
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Shrewdness

Interesting Club appointment in Roscommon. Ex county footballers, Frankie Dolan and Eddie Lohan, have been appointed as the new managers of St Brigid's. In recent years, they served together as selectors with the Roscommon U-21 team.. No doubt, Brigid's will be going all out to win back the Co title in 2016, after what was, by their standards, a disappointing year just gone.

giveballaghback

Setanta have published their list of games for the NFL, 7 div 1 games being shown, 6 of them featuring dublin, the only Dubs game not being shown is the Ros game because they have no tv rights on the last day of the league, 4 div 2 games being shown but Galway does not feature. So out of 10 live football games only one Connacht team being shown, Mayo v dubs.
Take note all ye west of Ireland subscribers. Ah well I suppose we will be coming in under the radar for the championship!.
Good oul TG4, they wont let us down.

Syferus

Quote from: giveballaghback on January 09, 2016, 09:43:50 PM
Setanta have published their list of games for the NFL, 7 div 1 games being shown, 6 of them featuring dublin, the only Dubs game not being shown is the Ros game because they have no tv rights on the last day of the league, 4 div 2 games being shown but Galway does not feature. So out of 10 live football games only one Connacht team being shown, Mayo v dubs.
Take note all ye west of Ireland subscribers. Ah well I suppose we will be coming in under the radar for the championship!.
Good oul TG4, they wont let us down.

Mainly our fault for not having floodlights on the county ground in 2016 AD. Setanta only have rights to Saturday games.

Shrewdness

Can any of the other Ros posters update me on the situation with Thomas Corcoran? Is he playing with one of the colleges, or is he injured?

Syferus

Quote from: Shrewdness on January 10, 2016, 10:12:28 PM
Can any of the other Ros posters update me on the situation with Thomas Corcoran? Is he playing with one of the colleges, or is he injured?

Injured. So many injuries.

armaghniac

I see Cake is entering the political arena, he should have some ideas on flood control anyway.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

giveballaghback

Thomas Corcoran should be back in march, Cathal Compton has returned to light training and should be in full training by early Feb., on another note a very important meeting in the Athlone springs hotel tonight at 8pm about the attempted transfer of 30 square klms of Roscommon into Westmeath. Any person with Rossie blood in their veins should try and be there.

manfromdelmonte

What about the land grab Mayo GAA carried out?

Will anybody raise that?

(gets coat and runs)

Tubberman

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 11, 2016, 10:33:29 PM
What about the land grab Mayo GAA carried out?

Will anybody raise that?

(gets coat and runs)

You've got that a bit arseways I'm afraid
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."