Started by easytiger95, November 13, 2015, 09:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: whitey on November 20, 2015, 09:30:46 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 20, 2015, 08:40:13 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 19, 2015, 05:07:46 PM
Quote from: screenexile on November 19, 2015, 04:11:10 PM
Quote from: haveaharp on November 18, 2015, 10:10:04 AM
Meanwhile Procol Harum raise their ugly heads again.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-34852971

Interesting move by Senegal one that should be adopted everywhere in Europe imho.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-34854939

That's ridiculous!! How can our society be free if we're not allowed to wear the clothes that we want?!!

I think that even more so than we are having our privacies/freedom's encroached on now it is going to get worse. We are going to have to sacrifice a lot of freedom and privacy for the sake of our security but where do we draw the line?

It's a public safety issue........EVEYONE needs to be indetifiable when in public.

What abut the rights and safety of the 99.9% of people who don't wear face coverings??????

Shouldn't we condier the NRA line of argument?

1) Everyone should be armed;
2) Everyone should wear face coverings;
3) If people die after we introduce 1) & 2) then they are doing it wrong so go back to 1) and start again.

Blah

Jaysus Whitey, I know how hard it is to admit you are wrong. I know that feeling of reading back over a thread, one where you got way, way up on your high horse, and then that realisation the you got it completely wrong.

Yours was particularly funny, considering the lecture you were giving at that time.  ;D

But it happens. We have all done it. The rest of us just admit it, apologise and get on with it.
MWWSI 2017

whitey

Quote from: muppet on November 20, 2015, 11:29:59 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 20, 2015, 09:30:46 PM

Interesting move by Senegal one that should be adopted everywhere in Europe imho.

That's ridiculous!! How can our society be free if we're not allowed to wear the clothes that we want?!!

I think that even more so than we are having our privacies/freedom's encroached on now it is going to get worse. We are going to have to sacrifice a lot of freedom and privacy for the sake of our security but where do we draw the line?

It's a public safety issue........EVEYONE needs to be indetifiable when in public.

What abut the rights and safety of the 99.9% of people who don't wear face coverings??????

3) If people die after we introduce 1) & 2) then they are doing it wrong so go back to 1) and start again.

Blah

Jaysus Whitey, I know how hard it is to admit you are wrong. I know that feeling of reading back over a thread, one where you got way, way up on your high horse, and then that realisation the you got it completely wrong.

Yours was particularly funny, considering the lecture you were giving at that time.  ;D

But it happens. We have all done it. The rest of us just admit it, apologise and get on with it.

Blah Blah Blah

stew

3) If peopl

The NRA are not going to have to give up their weapons at this stage, they MUST agree to stringent Gun laws and make it harder............. A lot harder to get weapons.

My fear is these ISIS bastards are going to hit high school football games and other such softer targets where people gather, like Church. it is coming and the gun owners I have spoken to have said to a man  that if they witness Muslims doing damage they are going to gun them down, mad times we live in.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Obama said the massacre in Paris was 'unfortunate', he looked like he could not be arsed commenting on it, but hey, ISIS is contained baby, we are all good, the prez has spoken, all hail the Prez.

This idiot thinks he is so cool he can fart ice cubes, he is not, he is weak, arrogant and aloof, he does not listen to his advisors, especially the Generals in his army and he has a huge role to play in what is going on in Syria, as does Clinton and W, feck them all!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

muppet

Quote from: stew on November 21, 2015, 12:07:55 AM

The NRA are not going to have to give up their weapons at this stage, they MUST agree to stringent Gun laws and make it harder............. A lot harder to get weapons.

My fear is these ISIS b**tards are going to hit high school football games and other such softer targets where people gather, like Church. it is coming and the gun owners I have spoken to have said to a man  that if they witness Muslims doing damage they are going to gun them down, mad times we live in.

Bad as all killings are, there is something truly appalling about the way these Jihadist people target anyone, anywhere, at any time.

I agree that they could target schools, or hospitals or whatever they think is the biggest atrocity and thus gets them the most coverage.

Then you have people like Netanyahu and co who are happy to bomb United Nations orphanages.

The jihadists use the latter to stir up feelings of injustice and to 'radicalise' the ignorant. Then they commit an atrocity and someone else uses that to stir up sentiments of anger and revenge. Each side becomes desensitised to atrocities committed by 'their side' and they are outraged at atrocities committed by anyone else. And the cycle goes on and on.

Nothing I have seen uttered by any leader even hints at any prospect for a solution.

MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

Quote from: hardstation on November 21, 2015, 12:16:13 AM
Is it not as/more likely that some nut yank could attack a high school football game or church??
"Muslims doing damage, they will gun them down". Stew, what world do you (and your mates) live in?
+1.
That Stew lad needs to come hone for a while so his brain will start working again.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

whitey

Quote from: hardstation on November 21, 2015, 12:16:13 AM
Is it not as/more likely that some nut yank could attack a high school football game or church??
"Muslims doing damage, they will gun them down". Stew, what world do you (and your mates) live in?

lol....Hes not making it up.   I ran into a fella who now (legally) carrys a gun everywhere he goes, just in case theres a terrorist attack. And hes in Massachusetts, which has some of the tightest gun laws around

Rossfan

Fcukn Yanks. Cuckoo the lot of them. ::)

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: stew on November 21, 2015, 12:07:55 AM

3) If peopl

My fear is these ISIS b**tards are going to hit high school football games and other such softer targets where people gather, like Church. it is coming and the gun owners I have spoken to have said to a man  that if they witness Muslims doing damage they are going to gun them down, mad times we live in.

They will be carrying handguns with an effective range between 20-45 yards depending on the caliber and expertise of the   
"defender". So if a terrorist is beyond that range with Automatic Rifles they have no chance, but if the terrorist is close enough to shoot with a handgun they will usually have a suicide vest that will nullify the range. I have plenty of acquaintances that have stated the same thing  "I will take out these terrorists"  yet these guys and some gals can't even walk a half a block without resting or lighting up a cigarette and most of the time they are cemented on a bar stool. It is mind numbing to think they are going to turn into Rambo in a flash.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

muppet

McWilliams touched on this subject in the last day or two.

Here it is in more detail.

https://consortiumnews.com/2015/11/20/the-saudi-connection-to-terror/

These nutcases are funded by wealthy individuals in one of the USA's strongest allies, Saudi. Just like Al Queda was backed by Saudi money, and of course almost all of the 911 attackers, and their leader Bin Laden, were Saudis. But the other Bin Ladens and other significant Saudis have important friends, not least the Bush family. It seems incredible that while all of the world (except the US military) was prohibited from flying in US airspace the week following 911, President Dubya granted permission for the Bin Ladens to fly out of the US.

However both parties are guilty of turning a blind eye to the Saudis, hence Obama's careful language. Does anyone seriously think a Republican leader would use language that might upset their Saudi friends?

Hillary however has an election to win.

Here is what she said on the matter:

http://time.com/4120295/hillary-clinton-foreign-policy-isis/

"And once and for all, the Saudis, the Qataris and others need to stop their citizens from directly funding extremist organizations as well as the schools and mosques around the world that have set too many young people on a path to radicalisation."

Granted, it is not exactly the strongest language she could have used, for example I see no stick or even a carrot, but I haven't heard anyone else of important point the finger in that direction. Then again people like Geb Bush has to get his $100m war chest from somewhere.
MWWSI 2017

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: stew on November 21, 2015, 12:13:55 AM
Obama said the massacre in Paris was 'unfortunate', he looked like he could not be arsed commenting on it, but hey, ISIS is contained baby, we are all good, the prez has spoken, all hail the Prez.

This idiot thinks he is so cool he can fart ice cubes, he is not, he is weak, arrogant and aloof, he does not listen to his advisors, especially the Generals in his army and he has a huge role to play in what is going on in Syria, as does Clinton and W, feck them all!

They are doing about 17 airstrikes per day dropping 60 bombs per day, what more do you think they should?

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Rossfan on November 21, 2015, 12:36:18 AM
Fcukn Yanks. Cuckoo the lot of them. ::)

Just like all Muslims are terrorists  ::)

Rossfan

The quicker the Native Americans are given their Country back the better and send all those descendants of the refugees/ invaders off to Siberia or Antarctica the better.
Fcukn eejits but dangerous ones.

muppet

Quote from: hardstation on November 21, 2015, 12:54:16 AM
Quote from: DrinkingHarp on November 21, 2015, 12:51:39 AM
Quote from: stew on November 21, 2015, 12:13:55 AM

They are doing about 17 airstrikes per day dropping 60 bombs per day, what more do you think they should?
Stop...........

....arming the Saudis, who then donate to ISIS, while the White House bombs ISIS and trains (and arms) others to fight against them.

In all of this the flow of money is chiefly from The Middle East to US arms manufacturers.

From a business POV, it is genius by the Americans, and for the Arabs it beyond idiotic.

From a political POV, the only difference between Democrats and Republicans, is that the Republicans would sacrifice way more of their own soldiers in the deal.....oh and eh thank them for their service.

From a moral POV........?

I thought this paragraph summed it up:

While Europe explodes with xenophobia, the real issue is not the Arabs or Islam, but the "special" U.S.-Saudi relationship which may be even more sacrosanct than the relationship with Israel. It is an alliance that demands of the U.S. that it see, hear and speak no evil about its major Arab partner. Hence, Washington must cover up the real cause of the horrors ranging from the World Trade Center to the Bataclan concert hall to the Syrian civil war.

As long as this U.S.-Saudi "special" relationship continues, the bodies will keep piling up.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

MWWSI 2017