All Ireland day

Started by giveballaghback, November 09, 2015, 11:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on November 10, 2015, 08:16:36 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on November 10, 2015, 04:59:49 PM
Nice piece about John Kerins. Was Mick McCarthy not on that 1990 team too?

He was yeah. Maybe I missed it but they didn't mention his passing..bit odd. No mention of Teddy Macs "escapades" either.. ;D

No mention of McCarthy. I thought maybe he wasn't part of that team, hence the omission.

What was the escapade about?

heffo

Quote from: BennyCake on November 10, 2015, 08:32:51 PM

He was yeah. Maybe I missed it but they didn't mention his passing..bit odd. No mention of Teddy Macs "escapades" either.. ;D

No mention of McCarthy. I thought maybe he wasn't part of that team, hence the omission.

In a nutshell, Teddy arrived in Croke park early Sunday morning, got lost a few times inside, lost the rag with a steward and didn't attend the jubilee

muppet

Quote from: heffo on November 10, 2015, 10:37:26 PM

In a nutshell, Teddy arrived in Croke park early Sunday morning, got lost a few times inside, lost the rag with a steward and didn't attend the jubilee

One week after doing exactly the same thing without getting lost?  ;D
MWWSI 2017

heffo

Quote from: muppet on November 10, 2015, 10:47:37 PM
Quote from: heffo on November 10, 2015, 10:37:26 PM

One week after doing exactly the same thing without getting lost?  ;D

For everyone's sake lets just leave it at that!

Two Hands FFS

Aidan O'Mahoney came across as the biggest arsehole in that programme. Him ignoring Coldrick for me was the worst. I didn't think any of the other conversations were that bad.

The stuff with the Rocks opening up Croke Park was pretty boring. Was that not on another programme before?

nrico2006

Quote from: Rudi on November 10, 2015, 08:22:56 PM
Very good program. Darragh Maloney comes across very well, impressive commentator/ presenter. On a separate note f,ckin hate when a sub comes on and gets rakes of shoulders. McMennamin came on for Dublin and O Mahoney hit him a shit load of illegal shoulders off the ball. This crap sickens me hole, should be a straight red.

100% agree and have always said the same, how it is allowed or unpunished really annoys me.  Suppose its to show how manly one is.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Zulu

Is this not available internationally on RTE player? It says so for me but I thought I saw it was available internationally. If not, why bloody not????

armaghniac

Quote from: Zulu on November 11, 2015, 04:40:19 PM
Is this not available internationally on RTE player? It says so for me but I thought I saw it was available internationally. If not, why bloody not????

Don't worry, no doubt giveballaghback is sensitive to the needs of those outside the jurisdiction and will send anyone the video.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on November 11, 2015, 08:20:34 AM
Aidan O'Mahoney came across as the biggest arsehole in that programme. Him ignoring Coldrick for me was the worst. I didn't think any of the other conversations were that bad.

The stuff with the Rocks opening up Croke Park was pretty boring. Was that not on another programme before?

Yea, O'Mahony did himself no favours there anyway. I'd say he knew his goose was cooked, still he should be able to face it like a man. Imagine if he tried to argue. That would probably be worse.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

SHEEDY

thought darragh maloney and david coldrick came across very well. it was very interesting to hear what goes on between players and refs, thought the ref done well in a very intense game.

nil satis nisi optimum

imtommygunn

I went to look up on that cork team to see if mccarthy was on it as i thought he wasn't. Hadn't realised john kerins had died too. Sad to see them both go so young :-\

BennyCake

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 11, 2015, 05:42:53 PM

Yea, O'Mahony did himself no favours there anyway. I'd say he knew his goose was cooked, still he should be able to face it like a man. Imagine if he tried to argue. That would probably be worse.

It wasn't just the ignoring of the ref. It was the constant shoving, thumping and barging that was out of order. He did the same with Michael Murphy last year. I think it showed up he's way past it. Doesn't have it in him anymore so he resorts to this.

Kerry aren't cynical though. They play pure football.

heffo

Quote from: BennyCake on November 11, 2015, 08:49:29 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 11, 2015, 05:42:53 PM

Kerry aren't cynical though. They play pure football.

It's just not in their DNA according to Jack O'Connor (the most ungracious loser in the history of sport since the Macho man Randy Savage)

larryin89

It's not in their DNA " pfffft , Kerry speak for, "tis what it's all bout boy , just never let on and disguise it through a stance of purified nonsense ,sure oouu know de craic yersel boy "
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

BennyCake

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 11, 2015, 08:29:35 PM
I went to look up on that cork team to see if mccarthy was on it as i thought he wasn't. Hadn't realised john kerins had died too. Sad to see them both go so young :-\

Was McCarthy on that team then?