SDLP and Sinn Fein endorse gay marriage.

Started by T Fearon, November 03, 2015, 08:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Where do devout Catholic voters in the North go now? Into the clutches of the DUP or is the time ripe for a new All Ireland party with a catholic ethos?

BennyCake

An Watcher

No disrespect to the devout Catholics but times are changing. Move on into the modern Ireland or risk being the perceived as dinosaurs like the DUP

T Fearon

How can you be devout and abandon your beliefs? Move on to what? Anything goes?

Rossfan

Quote from: T Fearon on November 03, 2015, 08:15:44 PM
Where do devout Catholic voters in the North go now? Into the clutches of the DUP or is the time ripe for a new All Ireland party with a catholic ethos?
Render unto Ceasar and all that.
Plenty of devout Catholics in the 26 Cos will vote for Parties who supported gay civil marriage.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

T Fearon

They are not devout Catholics voting for parties who are legislating for practices ruled as sinful by the Church

J70

Quote from: T Fearon on November 03, 2015, 08:15:44 PM

You would vote DUP based on gay marriage?

Swap sectarian bigotry for homophobia?

stew

Quote from: T Fearon on November 03, 2015, 08:45:24 PM
They are not devout Catholics voting for parties who are legislating for practices ruled as sinful by the Church

I doubt many people give two shite's about the Church these days Tony, it's not about any Church, where will the Church be when you stand before God? I will tell you where? Nowhere that's where.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Rossfan

A devout Catholic lives his/her life according to the tenets of the Catholic Church.
How they vote regarding legal matters pertaining to other people's lives is a separate matter entirely.
By the way the legislation was to allow gays to have civil marriages, not to do with their "practices"

Rossfan

Quote from: stew on November 03, 2015, 08:58:11 PM

I doubt many people give two shite's about the Church these days Tony, it's not about any Church, where will the Church be when you stand before God? I will tell you where? Nowhere that's where.
How do you know that Stew?
God tell you?

T Fearon

You cannot be devout and endorse sin.Simple as that

andoireabu

Quote from: T Fearon on November 03, 2015, 09:10:51 PM
You cannot be devout and endorse sin.Simple as that
"Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven...".  Surely this allows us to decide what is considered sin and what is not?
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

BennyCake

I don't agree with SS marriage but it's not for religious reasons. I just don't agree with it or think it should happen. Can't me what you want but I'm entitled to my opinion.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on November 03, 2015, 09:02:13 PM
Quote from: stew on November 03, 2015, 08:58:11 PM

How do you know that Stew?
God tell you?

Well there's not many priests and they're getting older...  I think that's what he means.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.