2016 Season Ticket

Started by Mayo Club 51, October 08, 2015, 01:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rma13

Quote from: Beffs on February 04, 2016, 12:24:20 AM
So who was in Navan last weekend? 'Fess up !

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/gaa-steward-disgusted-at-abuse-over-broken-ticket-scanner-379492.html

Obviously not the steward's fault but it was a disgrace that there was no back up scanner available & no despite my Northern accent I was not hurling abuse.  I am surprised that he felt the need to go to the press with this though, if I was a cynical Nordie I'd see it as an opportunity to get at our lot  ;)

Croí na hÉireann

Should have just sent them to the back of the queue or refused them admission.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

armaghniac

These scanner delays are common and intolerable. Any smartphone should be able to read a bar code in this day and age and there should be backups available.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Throw ball

Quote from: Rma13 on February 04, 2016, 10:49:12 AM
Quote from: Beffs on February 04, 2016, 12:24:20 AM
So who was in Navan last weekend? 'Fess up !

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/gaa-steward-disgusted-at-abuse-over-broken-ticket-scanner-379492.html

Obviously not the steward's fault but it was a disgrace that there was no back up scanner available & no despite my Northern accent I was not hurling abuse.  I am surprised that he felt the need to go to the press with this though, if I was a cynical Nordie I'd see it as an opportunity to get at our lot  ;)

I arrived about 15 minutes before throw in - later than usual - and did not get in until just before throw in. There was still quite a few in the queue behind me. I didn't hear any abuse but once the whistle went i am sure there were people getting frustrated. NO excuse obviously.

I also remember the last match i was at in Navan there was quite a queue at the season ticket turnstile.

In athletic Grounds during the week the match was delayed to allow people in. That should have been considered.

donelli

Don't see the need to scan these tickets if the scanner breaks down. Scanning them is only relevant if the team is to reach the AI final for attendance records. That's not gong to happen for either Armagh or Meath this year

armaghniac

Quote from: donelli on February 05, 2016, 12:12:26 PM
Don't see the need to scan these tickets if the scanner breaks down. Scanning them is only relevant if the team is to reach the AI final for attendance records. That's not gong to happen for either Armagh or Meath this year

Well, if they announced that Meath and Armagh tickets would not be scanned because they were both losers then that might cause a row too and isn't there a couple of AI tickets raffled among full attenders in any case.

The country is full of phone and tablets and things that could scan, they just need an app.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Mayo Club 51

Quote from: armaghniac on February 05, 2016, 12:18:27 PM
Quote from: donelli on February 05, 2016, 12:12:26 PM

Well, if they announced that Meath and Armagh tickets would not be scanned because they were both losers then that might cause a row too and isn't there a couple of AI tickets raffled among full attenders in any case.

The country is full of phone and tablets and things that could scan, they just need an app.

There is indeed, everyone with 100% attendance gets intered into a draw for final tickets.

We've had loads of problems with scanners over the last couple of years. Before they introduced self scanning at MacHale park, they had posters up inside the gates. Idea was you had to scan the Q code on the poster and it brought you to a webpage where you ticked a box (anseo!) If I remember correctly, thats what it was, think you had to type in your season ticket card number too. That was the only tme that was trialled. most people didn't even know about it, a lot had'nt smart phones. At least they were trying I suppose! Self scanning seems to work fine, its supposed to be linked directly to Croke Park, same as when you enter Cusack, your attendance is updated straight away.

Beffs

The hand held scanners seem to be a bit of a joke. I was at a league game in Killarney a couple of years ago. There was a lad with a loud speaker, telling ST holders to contact Croke Park themselves to confirm their attendance. The lad who was bringing the scanners down from Croke Park, hadn't arrived yet, as he was stuck in traffic in Adare.  ::)

T Fearon

Typical Freestaters blaming everything on the Northerners!

I can see the Meath Scanning machine becoming as famous as the Roscommon bus! 😂😂😂.Must say I was a bit late arriving into the ground in Navan myself last week,but was not unduly delayed gaining access and having my card scanned.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: T Fearon on February 06, 2016, 05:15:31 AM
Typical Freestaters blaming everything on the Northerners!

I can see the Meath Scanning machine becoming as famous as the Roscommon bus! 😂😂😂.Must say I was a bit late arriving into the ground in Navan myself last week,but was not unduly delayed gaining access and having my card scanned.
That's just Meath Tony, sure they tried to portray themselves as innocent victims against Louth a few years ago too! ;)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mayo.mick

Season tickets attendance still not updated for me for Mayo V Dublin Saturday night. Anyone else?
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

Throw ball

Quote from: mayo.mick on February 08, 2016, 01:19:00 PM
Season tickets attendance still not updated for me for Mayo V Dublin Saturday night. Anyone else?

Not updated for Armagh v Laois either.

Mayo Club 51

Attendances for the Mayo v Dublin match on Saturday night have now been updated. Make sure to check your account.

Rossfan

Mine is updated for both games anyway :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mayo.mick

Seems to be lots of season ticket holders (Mayo that I've been hearing about) that have not been recorded at the Mayo v Dublin match. Croke Park refusing to update them.

Looks like there's gonna be another battle like http://mayoclub51.com/gaa-season-ticket-scanning-problems-an-update/
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick