Started by Mayo Club 51, October 08, 2015, 01:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Obviously expecting a small crowd.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

No tickets available in any of the sections for bring a friend
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

rosnarun

Upper Cusack open too may mean 35K roughly
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Cunny Funt

I'd say no more than 28 to 30,000 at this semi final. Mayo 20k Tipp 4k maybe another 4k to support the Galway Donegal minors. 40 euro too expensive for tickets and to encourage a bigger attendance at this semi final the GAA should use some common sense and knock at least ten euro off tickets.

mayo.mick

Tickets arrived earlier, 305. Hope there's a huge Mayo crowd, there should be....
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

From the Bunker

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 12, 2016, 06:10:49 PM
I'd say no more than 28 to 30,000 at this semi final. Mayo 20k Tipp 4k maybe another 4k to support the Galway Donegal minors. 40 euro too expensive for tickets and to encourage a bigger attendance at this semi final the GAA should use some common sense and knock at least ten euro off tickets.

The problem is they'd have to do the same for the Dublin/Kerry (sellout) which would result in 60k x €10 lost revenue. Three trips to Croker is a lot for Mayo/Kerry/Donegal people time and money wise. Mayo got a trip extra for the round 4 game v Westmeath.

Tipp is traditionally a Hurling county at Intercounty. Following the more than often successful Hurlers is common place in the county. Football no doubt is strong with the clubs, but there is no culture of following football at Intercounty level. I'd say there's many a Tipperary GAA man, who does not go to (any) many games in their lifetime.

Tipp beating Galway was a disaster revenue wise for the GAA. You would get ten times more Galway fans than Tipp fans at this game. Especially playing Mayo! You'd also get more Mayo fans for the Connacht El Classico!

Cunny Funt

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 12, 2016, 07:07:18 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 12, 2016, 06:10:49 PM

The problem is they'd have to do the same for the Dublin/Kerry (sellout) which would result in 60k x €10 lost revenue. Three trips to Croker is a lot for Mayo/Kerry/Donegal people time and money wise. Mayo got a trip extra for the round 4 game v Westmeath.

Tipp is traditionally a Hurling county at Intercounty. Following the more than often successful Hurlers is common place in the county. Football no doubt is strong with the clubs, but there is no culture of following football at Intercounty level. I'd say there's many a Tipperary GAA man, who does not go to (any) many games in their lifetime.

Tipp beating Galway was a disaster revenue wise for the GAA. You would get ten times more Galway fans than Tipp fans at this game. Especially playing Mayo! You'd also get more Mayo fans for the Connacht El Classico!

Kerry v Dublin is supply and demand you could increase that semi final by 10 euro and it would still sell out. More Mayo supporters may have attended this semi final if it were Galway instead of Tipp however Galway are not known for big support and I doubt they would bring ten times more than Tipp especially with a lot of their supporters forking out cash for this weekends hurling semi final.

rosnarun

Id Love to hear the outrage on Joe Duffy if they charged the dubs an extra tenner compared to Mayo and tipp.
and the both kerry fans would be outraged as well
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

mayo.mick

Tickets printed, is it Sunday yet????
@mayo_mick

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

mayo.mick

Quote from: Rossfan on August 10, 2016, 02:42:35 PM
Obviously expecting a small crowd.

Yeah, only about 50,000 or 55,000 tickets sold last I heard.
@mayo_mick

Redhand Santa

Think a few people were a big quick complaining about ticket prices and predicting crowds of under 30000. Looks like being a massive crowd given the fact Tipperary are involved and big underdogs.

Aughafad

Lads I have four tickets for Sunday's game lower cusack section 309, unfortunately I can't go due to work. If anyone is interested in them they are face value.

mayo.mick

Quote from: Aughafad on August 19, 2016, 10:39:55 PM
Lads I have four tickets for Sunday's game lower cusack section 309, unfortunately I can't go due to work. If anyone is interested in them they are face value.

If your're on twitter, give @MayoClub51 and @tippfanspage a shout.
@mayo_mick

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Aughafad on August 19, 2016, 10:39:55 PM

Try Facebook GAA ticket exchange too.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...