Search for New Mayo Manager

Started by IolarCoisCuain, September 28, 2015, 11:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weareros

Quote from: rodney trotter on December 23, 2016, 12:21:55 PM
David Brady says he's "nearly sick to death" of talking about Mayo football and fears that the recent criticism from the past senior management team could divide the county.

Speaking last night on Newstalk's Off The Ball programme, the former Mayo star said he felt that there's even more pressure on the team again to perform next season, after Pat Holmes and Noel Connelly pointed fingers at some of the players in the panel in an interview with the Irish Independent last week.

"I'm nearly sick to death talking about Mayo football, but there's always something. Whether it's September or December," said Brady.

"Nearly" is the key word there - surprised it took him so long to join the fray.

rodney trotter

Only back from San Diego apparently. He would had his say earlier no doubt.

JoG2

Quote from: rodney trotter on December 23, 2016, 09:30:44 PM

Hope he enjoyed being in the Whales Vagina.

moysider

Quote from: weareros on December 23, 2016, 09:03:10 PM
David Brady says he's "nearly sick to death" of talking about Mayo football and fears that the recent criticism from the past senior management team could divide the county.

Speaking last night on Newstalk's Off The Ball programme, the former Mayo star said he felt that there's even more pressure on the team again to perform next season, after Pat Holmes and Noel Connelly pointed fingers at some of the players in the panel in an interview with the Irish Independent last week.

"I'm nearly sick to death talking about Mayo football, but there's always something. Whether it's September or December," said Brady.

"Nearly" is the key word there - surprised it took him so long to join the fray.

'divide' is the key word actually. David can be a bit scattered in his expression but he knows things.

Halfquarter

Quote from: JoG2 on December 24, 2016, 12:16:01 AM

San Diego was named for a Spanish Catholic Saint by the name of St. Didacus by Spaniard Sebastián Vizcaíno who was sent to map the area in the early 1600's, which was originally discovered by the first European who was Portuguese João Rodrigues Cabrilho, (1499 - 1543), NOT by some German in 1904 for god's sakes, we go back a lot further than the year 1900. Anyone with a IQ higher than 100 and bothered to think about it could figure out the name "San Diego" as well as other major city names in California are Spanish in origin, not German.

moysider

Quote from: Halfquarter on December 24, 2016, 12:52:50 AM

San Diego was named for a Spanish Catholic Saint by the name of St. Didacus by Spaniard Sebastián Vizcaíno who was sent to map the area in the early 1600's, which was originally discovered by the first European who was Portuguese João Rodrigues Cabrilho, (1499 - 1543), NOT by some German in 1904 for god's sakes, we go back a lot further than the year 1900. Anyone with a IQ higher than 100 and bothered to think about it could figure out the name "San Diego" as well as other major city names in California are Spanish in origin, not German.

I always thought it was named after patron saint of Spain, St. James aka 'Matamoros', the killer of Moors . The apostle that supposedly  reappeared in the 9th century on a white horse to bate all muslims around him. For this miracle he became patron saint of Spain - The Slayer of Moors. Spanish missionaries brought him to the New World. San Diego is St. James. The pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela in Galicia is about this warrior apostle.
I always thought Santiago in Chile had same origin.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on December 24, 2016, 12:46:48 AM
Quote from: weareros on December 23, 2016, 09:03:10 PM

'divide' is the key word actually. David can be a bit scattered in his expression but he knows things.

Are you sure he knows things.

rrhf

He seemed happy enough to tweet support for that anti northern indo article last week. Irony he is now worried about the divide in MAyo football.

seafoid

Quote from: moysider on December 24, 2016, 01:46:15 AM
Quote from: Halfquarter on December 24, 2016, 12:52:50 AM

I always thought it was named after patron saint of Spain, St. James aka 'Matamoros', the killer of Moors . The apostle that supposedly  reappeared in the 9th century on a white horse to bate all muslims around him. For this miracle he became patron saint of Spain - The Slayer of Moors. Spanish missionaries brought him to the New World. San Diego is St. James. The pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela in Galicia is about this warrior apostle.
I always thought Santiago in Chile had same origin.
Me too
And Iago in Shakespeare's play Othello ended up killing Othello, the Moor

The biblical name is Jacob but it became James, Seamus, Diego , Jacques ...Very strange

Rossfan

Where's Syfīn and the Bomber when they are needed?
This just has to make the 100 pages before midnight.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mayo.mick

Just pushing this thread along... ;D
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 23, 2016, 11:30:33 AM
Questions for the pro-H&C brigade? (And anyone else for that matter!)

Do you believe H&C were originally appointed by a correct procedure?
Do you believe they were the proper (or best available) people for the job in hand?
Why didn't H&C deal aggressively with players named in the interview for not toeing the line?
Do you think that players who feel a Management regime that is not good enough should sit on their hands?
What do you believe this interview was for?

1. I don't know the ins and outs but the fact that there were close links to the county board would raise suspicion.
2. What other candidates were there, their track record was decent and as far as in house appointments go was there any other genuine alternatives? There is a story floating about players not wanting McStay (due to McHale). McStay doesn't seem to be going too well at Roscommon either.
3. They made mistakes, I don't think anyone will disagree with that but managers should ultimately be judged on results and to lesser extent performances.
4. I feel player should not be undertaking heaves against a management, demanding they be removed without any room for negotiation and threatening to go on strike if their demands aren't met.
5. The interview was to give their side of the story, quite clearly they were the victims here between what seems to be a disgruntled faction of preening players and some dubious politics at county board level. I thought they handled the situation with great dignity, they could easily have dug their heels in like what happened in Cork a few years back. There seems to be a backlash against them because they called out a number of players - tough shit, if they're prepared to go to the levels they did they should expect some stern criticism - it seems to be lacking within the county though.

Now, they are questions from one side. I haven't seen you tackle the O'Sheas and their role in this with the tough questions.

Il Bomber Destro

"I have played under many managers and never did any team that I played on ever question the men that were in charge. They had our total loyalty and when we failed to win the first person we looked at was oneself.

"How dare the players have an input into picking the manager along with the county board?

Rossfan

Well done Bomber.
Now where the Hell has Syfīn got to ;D.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM