Search for New Mayo Manager

Started by IolarCoisCuain, September 28, 2015, 11:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Syferus on December 02, 2015, 03:13:32 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 02, 2015, 03:11:14 PM
I have to say it's going to be interesting to watch Mayo this year, and interesting to see how much input my mate has on things.  The talent is undoubtedly there.   I know Armagh won't win it so I'm nailing my colours to the Mayo mast this year and cheering them for Sam!!!

Just like Cross,  Mayo's run will come to an end against a Roscommon team..

Castlebar are in Mayo are they not?

larryin89

Brigids must of beat cross the year they won it but sy puts it in the context cross are finished forgetting who has just won the Ulster championship , so I'm struggling to see the sense in the post but fair play to him calling Ross to bate us next year.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rossfan

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 02, 2015, 03:11:14 PM
.   I know Armagh won't win it so I'm nailing my colours to the Mayo mast this year and cheering them for Sam!!!

Clean out your mouth man.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Captain Obvious

Quote from: larryin89 on December 02, 2015, 04:51:01 PM
Brigids must of beat crosstype of run Mayo haven't had since  year they won it but sy puts it in the context cross are finished forgetting who has just won the Ulster championship , so I'm struggling to see the sense in the post but fair play to him calling Ross to bate us next year.
When beaten in that All Ireland semi final 2013 Crossmaglen were going for three in a row All Irelands. A type of run Mayo seniors haven't had since 1951.

From the Bunker

What's the story with the Cairde Maigh Eo tickets for 2016? Do you still get the Jacket, umbrella and beanie?

Lar Naparka

Quote from: larryin89 on December 02, 2015, 04:51:01 PM
Brigids must of beat cross the year they won it but sy puts it in the context cross are finished forgetting who has just won the Ulster championship , so I'm struggling to see the sense in the post but fair play to him calling Ross to bate us next year.
That's the understatement of the year, if not the millennium!
Why  did you expect to find any sort of sense in a post from Syf?;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Rossfan

Quote from: Lar Naparka on December 02, 2015, 07:20:22 PM

Why  did you expect to find any sort of sense in a post from Syf?;D
+1  :D ;D

Jasus Lar that's twice I've agreed witha post of yours this week. I probably need to see a doctor :o
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

The search, not that much searching was done is over now time for a title change to this thread.

moysider

Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 02, 2015, 09:07:58 PM
The search, not that much searching was done is over now time for a title change to this thread.

Time to close her down and wait for doul FBD to come around.

larryin89

Do any of our own have any doubts about Rochford? IE his intentions to change up the play , is this team  too far in to establish a new game plan?

Mayo Border

Larry, I think you really are Sean Burke in disguise. Negative all the way.

larryin89

Not Sean Burke and I don't believe I was being negative either , was just posing a question ,trying to widen the discussion on how radical  people think SR will try to be in changing game plan etc ,as he kinda hinted at it in his interview .

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Mayo Border on December 02, 2015, 11:40:17 PM
Larry, I think you really are Sean Burke in disguise. Negative all the way.

Sean Burke? Who he?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

mayoman dan

Quote from: larryin89 on December 02, 2015, 09:50:02 PM
Do any of our own have any doubts about Rochford? IE his intentions to change up the play , is this team  too far in to establish a new game plan?

I would. Our approach needs to be tweaked with small changes here and there not ripping it up and starting again.Plan A should always be our running game its what were good at.Add in accurate kicking to a ball winner at ff who has some support and were on to a winner. I dont know much about Tony Mc Entee but i hope he dosent try and stifle us by using a blanket.Its not our natural game and i think it would be a disaster if we go down that road.IMO i dont think we will but stopping the concession of goals has to be the priority.

AZOffaly

Tony McEntee is from the Crossmaglen coaching tree. I doubt he'd be a blanket defense advocate. If anything he'd be more of a direct ball man I'd have thought.