Search for New Mayo Manager

Started by IolarCoisCuain, September 28, 2015, 11:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on November 26, 2015, 03:16:57 PM
Quote from: Hound on November 26, 2015, 12:01:42 PM
St Brigids are probably about the 4th or 5th best team in Dublin "on paper".
McEntee managed them to 14th position in Division 1 this year. So his last game in charge is a relegation playoff against Templeogue on Sunday.

Tried to totally change their way of playing, said he spent his first months in charge getting them to just kick the ball again. They have been a massive disappointment alright.
Is that was McEntee said or more BS from Joe Brolly? St Brigids won the Dublin championship only 4 years ago I don't think they needed to learn to kick the ball.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Syferus

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on November 26, 2015, 03:16:57 PM
Quote from: Hound on November 26, 2015, 12:01:42 PM
St Brigids are probably about the 4th or 5th best team in Dublin "on paper".
McEntee managed them to 14th position in Division 1 this year. So his last game in charge is a relegation playoff against Templeogue on Sunday.

Tried to totally change their way of playing, said he spent his first months in charge getting them to just kick the ball again. They have been a massive disappointment alright.

Sounds like it's McEntee who was the major disappointment.

From the Bunker

Well McEntee is not Managing Mayo. Does anybody know what his role is?

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 26, 2015, 06:45:57 PM

Training the Mayo panellists based in Dublin if the leaks that were proven 100% correct so far are right. Probably a selector in name and second in command in action.

heffo

That's a good backroom team for Mayo.

I'd be prioritising the defense and the rate of conceding goals, having a reliable spotter in the stands, having and trained for plans A, B & C.

Even without a marquee forward, Mayo won't be far away if they can do that.

moysider

Quote from: heffo on November 26, 2015, 07:44:08 PM

I'd be prioritising the defense and the rate of conceding goals, having a reliable spotter in the stands, having and trained for plans A, B & C.

That's the thing though. Being not far away wont be good enough again. We ve been close for 4 years.

It looks like a good set up I agree. It'll be interesting to see what happens now. Not aware of any retirements and a couple of younger lads may well be pushing for places.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on November 27, 2015, 12:27:47 AM

That's the thing though. Being not far away wont be good enough again. We ve been close for 4 years.

It looks like a good set up I agree. It'll be interesting to see what happens now. Not aware of any retirements and a couple of younger lads may well be pushing for places.

What purpose does Alan Dillion see in training for another six months with maybe a few minutes of league time being the best of his lot?

Tubberman

Quote from: Syferus on November 27, 2015, 12:38:01 AM

What purpose does Alan Dillion see in training for another six months with maybe a few minutes of league time being the best of his lot?

Well he will probably have more interest in what Rochford thinks he can offer than an obsessed Rossie.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Shannoncider

Quote from: Syferus on November 26, 2015, 07:09:46 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on November 26, 2015, 06:45:57 PM

Training the Mayo panellists based in Dublin if the leaks that were proven 100% correct so far are right. Probably a selector in name and second in command in action.

Jack Cooney was doing this for the Dublin based Donegal lads last year and didn't work well for them, He was also a selector. Don't see having lads training apart can help a team.

Lar Naparka

Maybe it's because he thinks it's better getting an AI medal as a sub than getting none at all. What do you think?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Rossfan

Quote from: Tubberman on November 27, 2015, 07:10:12 AM

Well he will probably have more interest in what Rochford thinks he can offer than an obsessed Rossie.

Take hint Syfín and stop being an arse licking amadàn of Rhubarbism.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Lar Naparka on November 27, 2015, 10:08:54 AM

Maybe it's because he thinks it's better getting an AI medal as a sub than getting none at all. What do you think?

James Masters voiced the exact opposite opinion to that just two days ago.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on November 27, 2015, 02:10:13 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on November 27, 2015, 10:08:54 AM

James Masters voiced the exact opposite opinion to that just two days ago.

Conor Counihan did not fancy Masters and gradually weaned him out of that Cork team. He retired from intercounty at 27!   From what I read about him with Nemo ''With the club this year I've also had a whole host of injuries and I've been on and off the team because of them. I've got hip problems . . . if I can play a small part and get a point or two I'll be delighted."

Sounds to be in the same boat as Dillon for his club.

larryin89

Tonight is the night I'm reading . The finest of luck to Stephen Rochford and all involved in 16. The dream that has never died enters a new phase. Fook all the begrudgers , Mayo for Sam .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

highorlow

QuoteI'm not being funny , I think we will walk it.  We didn't go full tilt in Connacht last year because of 13 where it was said we peaked  too early in Connacht and Q/f v Donegal running out of steam in the second half of final and a bit rusty v Tyrone in semi too. This year will be different IMO ,the all Ireland dream is over but Connacht will be gone at hammer and tongs and both Galway and Ros won't live with that sort of robust energy Mayo are capable of.

QuoteThe dream that has never died enters a new phase.

Which dream are you dreaming about these days?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go