Search for New Mayo Manager

Started by IolarCoisCuain, September 28, 2015, 11:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

I see that Rochford is to be formally ratified - someday next week. About time to call a halt to the proceedings and appoint him. Time will tell if giveballaghback is correct or not. If he is, I'll be one of the first to admit it. I just hope he's not. ;)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mayo4Sam

Interesting backroom team, McEntee should be a great addition.
Was disappointed Carey didn't take the Knockmore job last winter, I've heard good reports about him
Horan, while he is local has plenty of pedigree

Hopefully they can work together and theres not too many egos
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on November 26, 2015, 09:08:44 AM
Interesting backroom team, McEntee should be a great addition.
Was disappointed Carey didn't take the Knockmore job last winter, I've heard good reports about him
Horan, while he is local has plenty of pedigree

Hopefully they can work together and theres not too many egos
Looks good alright going by what I found on Hoganstand
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Hound

St Brigids are probably about the 4th or 5th best team in Dublin "on paper".
McEntee managed them to 14th position in Division 1 this year. So his last game in charge is a relegation playoff against Templeogue on Sunday.

twohands!!!

Anyone any updates on the Mayo finances? Have they got some new source of funding or something?

Last season they had to cut the panel during the league because of finances and now they have assembled a very serious looking backroom team. Something doesn't seem to add up?

ballinaman

Quote from: twohands!!! on November 26, 2015, 12:56:13 PM
Anyone any updates on the Mayo finances? Have they got some new source of funding or something?

Last season they had to cut the panel during the league because of finances and now they have assembled a very serious looking backroom team. Something doesn't seem to add up?
Sold a rake of fields around Ballagh back to the Rossies for the bypass...made a fortune off them. Let the good times roll...

Shannoncider

Seems like an expensive backroom team surely anything less than sam will result in another player coop.   Saying that I have never heard of anyone training a donkey to win the derby

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Shannoncider on November 26, 2015, 01:36:41 PM
Seems like an expensive backroom team surely anything less than sam will result in another player coop.   Saying that I have never heard of anyone training a donkey to win the derby
I agree with you. You have to look no further than John Evans to see that it can't be done.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

From the Bunker

Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 24, 2015, 07:00:20 AM
The biggest disappointment in Kevin McStay's GAA career was not getting selected as Mayo senior manager last year. http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/football/snub-for-mayo-job-kevin-mcstays-big-regret-366719.html

It says he was overlooked in 1996 for the post. There was no Vacancy for the post in '96?

Shannoncider

Quote from: Lar Naparka on November 26, 2015, 01:52:58 PM
I agree with you. You have to look no further than John Evans to see that it can't be done.

Who's Evans managing?

Shrewdness

A big string of Mayo managers over the past 64 years have also shown that you can't train a donkey to win a derby.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Hound on November 26, 2015, 12:01:42 PM
St Brigids are probably about the 4th or 5th best team in Dublin "on paper".
McEntee managed them to 14th position in Division 1 this year. So his last game in charge is a relegation playoff against Templeogue on Sunday.

Tried to totally change their way of playing, said he spent his first months in charge getting them to just kick the ball again. They have been a massive disappointment alright.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Lar Naparka on November 26, 2015, 01:52:58 PM

He is well able to commentate on them anyway, back in the day when he had some hair https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XtVm8z28e4
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

From the Bunker

Quote from: Shrewdness on November 26, 2015, 03:14:38 PM
A big string of Mayo managers over the past 64 years have also shown that you can't train a donkey to win a derby.

Winning Derby's has never been a problem for Mayo Managers, it's the challenges beyond that, that are the problem.

muppet

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 26, 2015, 05:02:25 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on November 26, 2015, 03:14:38 PM

Winning Derby's has never been a problem for Mayo Managers, it's the challenges beyond that, that are the problem.

;D ;D ;D
MWWSI 2017