Search for New Mayo Manager

Started by IolarCoisCuain, September 28, 2015, 11:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: sans pessimism on October 24, 2015, 12:44:59 AM
Quote from: Syferus on October 23, 2015, 03:34:18 PM
Third week of November. You'd have to wonder when the dust settles with such a late appointment has all the drama really improved Mayo's chances in 2016 at all?
you remind me of a smoke detector with a low battery-an annoying fuckin squak every now and again!

If you think getting a new manager by the middle of November improves your chances for 2016 then fire ahead Sans.

larryin89

Quote from: Syferus on October 24, 2015, 01:23:16 AM
Third week of November. You'd have to wonder when the dust settles with such a late appointment has all the drama really improved Mayo's chances in 2016 at all?
you remind me of a smoke detector with a low battery-an annoying fuckin squak every now and again!

If you think getting a new manager by the middle of November improves your chances for 2016 then fire ahead Sans.

Still , must be a worrying thought to think a lot people would say Mayo wouldn't even need a manger to win their sixth in row out west such is their superiority over Roscommon and Galway .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rossfan

:D ;D :D ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

rodney trotter

Quote from: macdanger2 on October 24, 2015, 12:39:12 AM
Quote from: rodney trotter on October 23, 2015, 11:32:23 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on October 23, 2015, 06:04:26 PM
The Irish Daily Mail ffs, isn't that the same paper that had the details of players who supposedly voted for H&C to stay?  Sounds like bollix to me although I'd be delighted with a Rochford / McEntee combo - one as manager, one as selector though cos the dogs on the street know that joint managers don't work  ;)

A selector? McEntee isn't going to travel over 3 hours to Mayo, to be a selector. He will either be the coach or a joint manager.

His articles in the past with the examiner gave an indication that he might like to work with Mayo.

Sorry, I didn't necessarily mean selector, just that if there were two involved that it'd be preferable if one was the bossman and the other a coach / selector / whatever. As moysider says though, I don't know that they actually know each other, probably just some journalist throwing two names together

Buckley to stay on say the reports

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=245942
Stephen Rochford is in the process of assembling a high-powered backroom team to boost his bid to take over as Mayo senior football manager.

Nominations close tomorrow week and the Examiner reports that bookies favourite Rochford is hoping to retain the services of coach Donie Buckley for 2016.

In addition, he is looking to bring Crossmaglen and Armagh All-Ireland winner Tony McEntee on board.

McEntee is currently involved with St Brigid's of Dublin and it is envisaged that he would take training sessions in the capital.

Former Irish rugby international Gavin Duffy could also play a part on the strength and conditioning side which will still be overseen by Barry Solan, who is now employed by Arsenal on a contract basis.

Ex-Limerick manager Maurice Horan, a native of Ballinrobe, has also been linked with a role in Rochford's team.

He currently lives in Tralee and was involved with Kerins O'Rahillys this season

Syferus

I see Barry Solan's name attached to a lot of things in Mayo but how much he can actually contribute with a job in London I don't know.

Shrewdness

Considering that Rochford has already publically declared his commitment to Corofin, while they remain in the club championship, can someone tell me how would he also fit in the Mayo job into his schedule, considering that Corofin could potentially be in action until Paddy's Day.

moysider

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Syferus on October 24, 2015, 01:09:29 PM
I see Barry Solan's name attached to a lot of things in Mayo but how much he can actually contribute with a job in London I don't know.
No, and neither do I but the difference is that I don't give two flying f**ks about it. If he says he can contribute and nobody involved with the team says otherwise,that's good enough for me.

Anyway, don't worry too much about it or anything else to do with Mayo football. We're doing grand as it is.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

maigheo

Could some one please start up an FBD thread.It will give the Rossies something to debate about rather than advising us about appointing our next manager.

Syferus

Quote from: maigheo on October 24, 2015, 06:40:07 PM
Could some one please start up an FBD thread.It will give the Rossies something to debate about rather than advising us about appointing our next manager.

Nothing could distract from this monumental act of hand-wringing.

Interesting that the near-universal sentiment in Mayo seems to be the players are blameless lambs (or somehow heroes for axing their managers) despite being the men out on the field unable to hold onto leads or kick points. The Mayo CB deserve plenty of blame but it seems they've now got so much of it that perspective has been lost.

larryin89

Lads and lassies try and see the bigger picture with the Rossies, it's a lifetime since they even beat us and they now somehow think they have one hand on the Nestor cup because of the management situation in Mayo weighed up against the appointment of Kevin mc stay and o Donnell in their own field .

They tend to forget the realities of getting beat by a team we absolutely annihilated and that only a short few months ago in the White Heat of championship.

Paddy the barber does championship haircuts in October didn't ya know.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Shrewdness

, Would the Mayo players tolerate their new manager double jobbing? After all, we've just seen the high standards they demand from management, when even getting to an All Ireland Semi Final Replay isn't acceptable to them. Wait until they lose a league match, and Rochford misses the next training session because he's gone training with Corofin.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Shrewdness on October 24, 2015, 08:07:08 PM
, Would the Mayo players tolerate their new manager double jobbing? After all, we've just seen the high standards they demand from management, when even getting to an All Ireland Semi Final Replay isn't acceptable to them. Wait until they lose a league match, and Rochford misses the next training session because he's gone training with Corofin.
Has Rochford been nominated yet? Or will the CB parachute him in like they did with Maughan and the u-21 position. By the way Shrewdness, I'd chuckle to myself if it was any other county you were talking about.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

I've been chuckling for the last month at the Rhubarbgate managerial appointment system.
And also at silly Syfín's obsession with all things Rhu.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

moysider

Quote from: Rossfan on October 24, 2015, 08:31:15 PM
I've been chuckling for the last month at the Rhubarbgate managerial appointment system.
And also at silly Syfín's obsession with all things Rhu.

At least we keep ye entertained one way or another for most of the year ;)
Twould be a short year indeed if we was looking to Roserbijan for distraction.