Search for New Mayo Manager

Started by IolarCoisCuain, September 28, 2015, 11:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Rossfan on October 08, 2015, 11:37:41 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on October 08, 2015, 09:33:16 AM
. So if you are a team from nowhere, and you win an All Ireland or two at underage, it is a great shot in the arm. The challenge of course is to back that batch up by developing them into senior players, and then backfilling a production line behind them with the competitive teams producing smaller batches.

Two biggest dangers in that scenario -
* Young gasúns become celebrities and won't be able to engage in the hard slog /committment to develop further
* They get thrown too soon into the black hole that is a bad County Senior team and get their confidence destroyed by a few bad hammerings.

I suspect we'll have at most 4 of our 2006 Minors on  next year's panel ( 3 of whom were minors in 07 too - so one of the class on 1988).
I think 14 of the 2012 U21 squad that reached the AI Final have worn the County Senior jersey - I suspect only 6/7 will be on next year's panel.

But to get back to our "lovely neighbours" - any one nominated yet or is there a "process" underway or...????

U21 is more important IMO for bringing players on to senior panel. There was no minors from the Westmeath AI winning team in 1995 on the Leinster team in 2004. To contrast there was 5 AI winners from the U21 team in 1999 and 2 more from the Leinster U21 team in 2000.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

AZOffaly

It is. Although there were a few on the panel :)

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 08, 2015, 03:33:58 PM
It is. Although there were a few on the panel :)

4 to be exact and bizarrely not one of them got a minute of game time in the championship that year. Again to contrast there was 4 other players from the U21 team in 1999 that made the panel in 04. No wonder they were able to beat a Jack O'Connor managed team with a few household names in the final.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Farrandeelin

Anybody know if there's been nominations for the position? When are they picking the u21 manager does anybody know?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

muppet

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 08, 2015, 06:45:58 PM
Anybody know if there's been nominations for the position? When are they picking the u21 manager does anybody know?

Anyone know is there a process this time?
MWWSI 2017

weareros

Quote from: muppet on October 08, 2015, 06:49:01 PM

I thought John Maughan already had the togs ready the U21 role.

bucko

Quote from: weareros on October 08, 2015, 06:55:33 PM

......and his case of Hawaiian Tropic....

twohands!!!

Quote from: bucko on October 08, 2015, 10:13:00 PM
Quote from: weareros on October 08, 2015, 06:55:33 PM

......and his case of Hawaiian Tropic....

......and his legs shaved...... ;)

Syferus

He's already been selected by the executive hasn't he? But they're only looking for nominees from clubs after they did that? Seems an ass-backwards way of doing business looking in from outside.

mrhardyannual

Quote from: Syferus on October 09, 2015, 01:51:42 PM
He's already been selected by the executive hasn't he? But they're only looking for nominees from clubs after they did that? Seems an ass-backwards way of doing business looking in from other outside.

Seem to find myself defending the CB more than I'm comfortable with lately. Clubs were asked to nominate. Two nominations received. Neither was considered up to the job( general consensus around the county) so the Exec added Maughan to the list. Damned when they do and damned when they don't. Have heard the opinion expressed that they should have chosen one of the two nominated by clubs but in this case I'd give them the credit for a bit of leadership.

Angus

If McStay is gonna get the post, he'll gonna insist once again to put McHale alongside him. If I were to remember, McStay said last year that Mayo need a McHale than a McStay. Haha so.... history repeats itself. I just hope that a decision is being made now.  ;)

larryin89

How come the Rossies are so loud in the off season compared to actually during the season?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

larryin89

Ohh okay then black mamba but you will have to understand we are waiting a long time for the Roscommon train to pull into town.
On that note what happens if Ye fail again next year ? I mean if Ye keep saying it , one of these years you will be right and you're bound to get a Connacht .

Personally I think yer kiddin yourselves after your absolute collapse this year . I genuinely thought you'd give Connacht a right good rattle this year but you'd have to start to question are these ladeeens goin to cut it against Mayo ever? Realistically I'm going to inform ya you haven't a hope in hell of winning in castlebar next year in the championship . That will leave you with less of a chance of much croke park experience again . 2017 will become a sh it or bust season for FR. Kevin. Just don't understand yer optimism .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

The Black Mamba

Quote from: larryin89 on October 09, 2015, 09:24:41 PM
Ohh okay then black mamba but you will have to understand we are waiting a long time for the Roscommon train to pull into town.
On that note what happens if Ye fail again next year ? I mean if Ye keep saying it , one of these years you will be right and you're bound to get a Connacht .

Personally I think yer kiddin yourselves after your absolute collapse this year . I genuinely thought you'd give Connacht a right good rattle this year but you'd have to start to question are these ladeeens goin to cut it against Mayo ever? Realistically I'm going to inform ya you haven't a hope in hell of winning in castlebar next year in the championship . That will leave you with less of a chance of much croke park experience again . 2017 will become a sh it or bust season for FR. Kevin. Just don't understand yer optimism .
Well lads Larryin89 has spoken, we may as well give up I suppose  :P

The Black Mamba

The pride before the fall .....  ;D